Sitting on his backside all game....

The RS reporter on P or G tonight said it was irrelevant that Jos wasnt on the touchline.

Ok then mr reporter.....then explain to me why every opposition we face at S6 have their manager in on the touchline? Are they just there to make random hand gestures?

And explain what two of the most successful managers of the modern era are doing right here.....

PANews_P-38d235f1-34bc-415f-9842-c5f1888ed417_I1.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

The RS reporter on P or G tonight said it was irrelevant that Jos wasnt on the touchline.

Ok then mr reporter.....then explain to me why every opposition we face at S6 have their manager in on the touchline? Are they just there to make random hand gestures?

And explain what two of the most successful managers of the modern era are doing right here.....

PANews_P-38d235f1-34bc-415f-9842-c5f1888ed417_I1.jpg

It's obvious it's not his style.

It's also obvious even if he did patrol the touch line, it would be purely for his own fitness. He is not a motivator.

Passion is not the be-all and end-all, but he appears to be limited on that score.

Just slip away quietly Jos, nobody would miss you.

Guest Grez Bez

Don't understand why some fans are obsessed be this. It doesn't matter.

If you want to comment on something talk about the bizarre team selections and formations.

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I kind of understand his point about the players needing to take responsibility but the team needs leadership, guidance and coaching like never before...and he is choosing not to provide that during the 90 minutes of a game

There's no evidence he provides it at all. Initially there was evidence, the pregame defensive drills. Getting the ball forward quicker was a plus.

But that's it. He's spent. We just need to tell the chairman.

:Chansiri:

17 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Don't understand why some fans are obsessed be this. It doesn't matter.

If you want to comment on something talk about the bizarre team selections and formations.

To me it does matter.

It is his job to manage and motivate the team.

When he stays 10 yd away from the touch line he is not influencing the players on the pitch one iota.

When we are playing as bad as we are for him to basically sit there and not influence what is happening on the pitch, then he is not doing his job.

As for encouragement and motivation. Don’t you think a young lad like Ash Baker would like a manager stood on the line helping him rather than one sat on the bench ignoring him.

• Thanks 1

Guest Grez Bez
6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

To me it does matter.

When he stays 10 yd away from the touch line he is not influencing the players on the pitch one iota.

When we are playing as bad as we are for him to basically sit there and not influence what is happening on the pitch, then he is not doing his job.

As for encouragement and motivation. Don’t you think a young lad like Ash Baker would like a manager stood on the line helping him rather than one sat on the bench ignoring him.

I do get that but it's not the same as the amateur game.

I've played in front of 350ish people week in week out at some of my former clubs and couldn't hear a thing a manager was shouting. I can't imagine what that's like at Hillsborough.

The amount of prep in the professional game is insane. Each player should know exactly where they should be and how their opponent will play. The analysis team provide this and hours of study go into it. The manager shouldn't have to give any further direction.

Edited by Grez Bez

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

To me it does matter.

You are 100% right . Guiding encouraging bollocking  giving constructive criticism. But no sit on your arris and say we need to look  within  

The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. No one could care less about an animated, shouting manager if it was going well. It isn't and Jos is incapable of changing his attitude and demeanour. That tells me we are doomed under Jos since he has no flexibility. He freezes out players and won't admit he is wrong....because the floodgates would open. The players are certainly not playing for him, you only have to look across the city to see a manager who can inspire. He doesn't have a plan, unless wishing and hoping is a plan. He messes the team and positions around. All those people who despised CC and could not wait for him to go certainly got what they wished for, a change, but it certainly wasn't a change for the better. The team have gone backwards under Jos. We look light years away from the team that was the darling of the sports media and storming the top table. Oh for the good old days.