Apathy

I walked down to the ground expecting a loss. When we scored I laughed rather than cheered. Don't bother looking at other team's scores or the league table.

Still turning up to matches but that's about it. Won't take my dad at the moment because I'm not subjecting him to that. Daughter has stopped going (season ticket holder) and I'm not even going to try and persuade her to change her mind. 

In many ways this is worse than under Yorath, Turner and Irvine, as we could accept it because we had sh*te players and no money. This shambles has been created and compounded by bad decisions, stubbornness and more bad decisions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Owl 44 said:

I walked down to the ground expecting a loss. When we scored I laughed rather than cheered. Don't bother looking at other team's scores or the league table.

Still turning up to matches but that's about it. Won't take my dad at the moment because I'm not subjecting him to that. Daughter has stopped going (season ticket holder) and I'm not even going to try and persuade her to change her mind. 

I was driving back from Asda when Joao equalised. I was that f*cking p*ssed off by everything that I didn’t even raise a smile let alone cheer

Ive missed more games already this season than in the last 5 years   i have a season ticket and missed 5 home games because i couldn't be arsed  but ive been today and its been a total  shambles   i do think its league 1 next year 

I didnt get home from work until half one ,and normally , id rush to get changed to make sure i got to the match , but today , i just thought sod it . I hate feeling that way about the club i have supported for 45 years . 

2 hours ago, owler66 said:

At the moment this is the clubs biggest killer 

This has always been my biggest criticism of our great fan base, apathy.

We roll over and take everything, we haven't got a protest in us, when Uncle Dave was running us into the ground we let off a few black balloons to show our displeasure.

When we were days away from oblivion we talked about 2 seater Bentleys.

And now, arguably our biggest challenge in an owner who has no clue in what he is doing, is being advised to self serve some parasites, taking our club backwards at an alarming rate and charging top dollar for the privilege, what are we going to do.

NOTHING.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Thanks 1

I must admit I don't think there is apathy there at the moment. I was thinking about this the other day. Most people I speak to about Wednesday are either trying to look for positives or very angry. I don't think apathy has set in yet because there is still too much anger around in the fan base. I was expecting a Bolton type atmosphere against Rotherham but actually the crowd tried it's best. I don't think you get that from an apathetic crowd.

3 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I sat in a bathful of cold rice pudding in a darkened shed listening to Christmas songs in Flemish rather than watch that today.

Don't talk to me about apathy.

How much did the rice pudding cost though ? Wouldn’t it have been cheaper to attend the game ? 

9 hours ago, Stoop said:

In many ways this is worse than under Yorath, Turner and Irvine, as we could accept it because we had sh*te players and no money. This shambles has been created and compounded by bad decisions, stubbornness and more bad decisions

Agree with this.

I can stomach us being crap, but it almost feels like we are crap by design.

Right royal mess of a club.

What an awful 1st half that was yesterday. As we moved towards half time, you could feel the tension and anger in the crowd. People were building up for a big booing and "Jos Out" moment... Then we scored! I've never seen a goal celebrated in such a flat way. People weren't sure what to do! We clapped them off only for them to let Rotherham score seconds after the restart! Took real advantage of scoring first! Arrgh!

Edited by A57Lincsowl