‘We Must See The Reality’

10 minutes ago, David Somni Jennings said:

He isn't wrong though is he? We have blown our load, and the reason we were able to scrape through the embargo was likely an agreement that all the high earners out of contract would not be played, would be released at the end of the season (or sooner), and their appearance fees, clean sheet bonuses, etc, wouldn't be outgoings as they would never have a chance to earn them.

I don't get whats taking our fans so long to realise this - We can't afford to play these guys and pay their appearance fees and bonuses, we can't afford to keep them after this season. We need them off the books asap and are hoping someone will take them in January.

Jos is not the right guy to get this team going, but in his above statements, he isn't wrong at all - Our expectation levels need to drop massively, and we need to open our eyes to the reality that each time one of those guys walks onto the pitch, they are paid a hefty appearance fee.

I also think that the soft embargo actually was a surprise and that Jos was expecting some funds to work with in the first January window when the Hooper deal fell through.

It is a rubbish situation but far from unique and it's clear he's lost his way with it all but some of the solutions folk keep screaming about are simply not viable.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Clearly he’s working under some restrictions, and that’s tough 

It doesn’t excuse his shockingly bad team selections, constant formation changes or failure to take any responsibility.

The one thing I really don't get is why the middle three of Thorniley, Lees and Hector (Pudil if needed) have not started every week.  Not brilliant but the best foundation we have at the back.

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

The one thing I really don't get is why the middle three of Thorniley, Lees and Hector (Pudil if needed) have not started every week.  Not brilliant but the best foundation we have at the back.

Totally agree.

If Thorniley gets crocked, or is performing poorly then it’s Pudil.

If Thorniley and Pudil are crocked then it’s Fox

Not rocket science is it?

But you have to remember this is a guy who selected Joost van Aken in the middle of a 3 for the first game of the season...

Poor Assessor of players or a little bit of Dutch bias?

Edited by McRightSide

35 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

First thing a new manager would do as a minimum is get Westwood, Boyd, Abdi Jones and Hutchinson at least part of the first team.

Ridiculous that none of these ever make the 18. 

fizzes sake. If you truly believe that all 4 of those exclusions week after week are down to Jos to deserve this. fizz as thick

What needs to happen is DC comes out and gives the picture clearly rather than letting others who haven't developed this situation throw themselves under the bus.

Silence from the club on anything is absolutely deafening, and when you're witnessing something that's not representative of the price being paid, questions should be answered.

Some among the fanbase wanted the big money spent and the higher gate prices, doesn't mean any fan is different when it comes to having the wee wee taken out of them.

He’s sounds like a defeated man 

he looks like a defeated man

and his team play like a defeated team 

I can understand that we may have different players attitudes and fitness levels to two years ago but we all can all expected better from performances the manor we concede and the passion on the pitch and ultimately the results. He trains and prepares them all week, selects the team, motivates them and makes in game tactical decisions to get results 

so No Jo’s I’m not living in the past I’m living today and it’s simply not good enough and even with the difficulties and constraints you have you are still massively under achieving. 

39 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

fizzes sake. If you truly believe that all 4 of those exclusions week after week are down to Jos to deserve this. fizz as thick

One or two maybe. but not all of them. will see how many a new manager plays when he comes in.

1 hour ago, poite said:

If only our idiot owner would also look at the reality and adjust his ticket pricing to reflect what fans are being asked to pay for 

Agreed....but with the shambles on offer right now it would make little difference to attendance figures.

The only fans that go are season ticket holders...even some of them miss more than they would usually.

See figures for the Preston game coming up...cheap to get in. Crowd will be 'average' or less

12 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Yep but CC no longer picks the team and inept tactics.

I just think....look where Carlos and his favourites got us....Into a right mess, bottomed out and a broken team.

Look at Jos and his massive b@lls, if players cannot be relied upon, or cannot be motivated due to being 33/34 and out of contract - they're gone. Finally we get a manager with abit of principle and circumstance depicts he can not be backed.

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

This winds me up it really does. The reality, from a fans perspective, is that we’re asked to pay the highest prices in the division to watch largely uninspiring, slow-paced negative football; while at the same time helping to subsidise the wages of a bunch of players who are either underperforming, permanently injured or ignored for selection due to the failings of the current and previous management. 

I’d say the reality is burning bright for all of us and we’ve got every right to let out a few boos because of it. 

Spot on.

Far from Jos to need to point out to us the reality that we are no longer the top 6 side we were for a couple of seasons. However:

• The reality is that we are paying the same prices as we did back then, among the highest in the division so not surprising many are disgruntled
  • The reality that the new manager came in and stated he would sort out the fitness and injury problems
  • The reality that our manager has been in the job for nearly a year and doesn't have a clear tactical approach, doesn't have a best formation or a preferred starting 11
  • The reality that the defensive-minded manager was lucky to get a point against a side that haven't won an away game at this level for more than 30 games.
  • The reality that the defensive-focused manager has a team with the worst defensive record in the division, hasn't got the best out of any of his squad and has not progressed us as a team since his first few games in charge and has gone backwards this season.

Those are the sad realities we are facing week in week out to the extent that it is putting fans who have already paid off attending in good numbers.

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

I also think that the soft embargo actually was a surprise and that Jos was expecting some funds to work with in the first January window when the Hooper deal fell through.

I would hope the clubs accountants knew exactly the state of affairs. They couldn't know the exact punishment coming...but must have known something was on the horizon.

But if they bothered to tell Jos is another matter.

8 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I just think....look where Carlos and his favourites got us....Into a right mess, bottomed out and a broken team.

Look at Jos and his massive b@lls, if players cannot be relied upon, or cannot be motivated due to being 33/34 and out of contract - they're gone. Finally we get a manager with abit of principle and circumstance depicts he can not be backed.

Balls to his principles. His tactics and approach are leading us to become the worst team to watch in the division, with the worst defensive record and tactics that are completely baffling from one game to the next.

The encouraging signs he showed early on by introducing some youngsters into the squad is being eradicated by the fact he plays them in different formations or different positions every game and offers little signs of encouragement or guidance to these inexperienced players during games. Dawson has been hung out to dry as the only player who hasn't been changed consistently - a rookie keeper pushed into the spotlight behind a rickety defence he is now shot of confidence.

Penney initially showed encouraging signs having been brought into the squad gradually but has since played in at least 3 different positions, including CM in a midfield 3?????? and is struggling. Baker did OK at the end of last season but is nowhere near 1st choice standard at Championship level. Thorniley has been the best of the lot but has found himself on the bench when others have been in woeful form and has also been played out of position.

I am struggling to think of any positives under this manager as things stand.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I would hope the clubs accountants knew exactly the state of affairs. They couldn't know the exact punishment coming...but must have known something was on the horizon.

But if they bothered to tell Jos is another matter.

You, me and every man and his dog could see we couldn't go on spending as we were and would need to cut our cloth by season 3 of DC's approach at least. If Jos and his representatives didn't do their due diligence when considering taking this job then more fool them. Remember he walked out on his previous job very early on due to disagreements with the owners.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Balls to his principles. His tactics and approach are leading us to become the worst team to watch in the division, with the worst defensive record and tactics that are completely baffling from one game to the next.

The encouraging signs he showed early on by introducing some youngsters into the squad is being eradicated by the fact he plays them in different formations or different positions every game and offers little signs of encouragement or guidance to these inexperienced players during games. Dawson has been hung out to dry as the only player who hasn't been changed consistently - a rookie keeper pushed into the spotlight behind a rickety defence he is now shot of confidence.

Penney initially showed encouraging signs having been brought into the squad gradually but has since played in at least 3 different positions, including CM in a midfield 3?????? and is struggling. Baker did OK at the end of last season but is nowhere near 1st choice standard at Championship level. Thorniley has been the best of the lot but has found himself on the bench when others have been in woeful form and has also been played out of position.

I am struggling to think of any positives under this manager as things stand.

Mate. We say "Baker is nowhere near first choice standard at Championship level"

Fair point but Liam Palmer is far worse, Palmer played at Blackburn and we conceded 4!

So I revert back to and stand by my comments......circumstance depicts he can not be backed!......THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCE WOULD FACE A NEW MANAGER!

Jos is waiting to be backed!

If he was to bring in 5 or 6 players, imagine the boost in competition!. They're all playing like they're extremely comfortable.