Forum on 20th

Let's assume that it's only money and the adulation of promotion to the PL that is motivating him.

If so, he needs to get us there. So, he needs a plan, which may mean batting this season out and riding the storm until at least 2019/20. This means we are going to be shitte for some time. He needs to state this and state that he's made some mistakes from his first attempt and has learned, and is here for the next phase, which is a promotion push in 2020 onwards.

He needs to stop will the 'promotion this season' garbage and be honest, but have a plan. If he does this, I think the fans will accept it and back him, but only if he admits he's dropped some rounduns and at least freezers the ticket prices.

• Thanks 1

Surely if the club was up for sale it would be public knowledge to draw in investors. 

Keeping it hush hush makes no sense. 

I expect DC is seeking investors, not a takeover. With investors you can balance ffp/ps a lot easier. 

Edited by CF83OWL

59 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

You get slated on this site for this type of comment but wheels have been in motion for the sale of the club for a while. Before some smart arse says source?? No I can’t reveal it, but as I’ve heard things first hand take it as you will. Clubs for sale and may even be sold already, if not imminently. 

I can see Dave Allen, Kaven and Ashley coming back tbh. 

5 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Just a shame Milan didn't have the money DC has. 

In fairness he did, DC states that at the last forum.

As much as fans love Milan, he wanted to get us promoted and then sell a Championship club at a profit. Nothing wrong with that and he saved the club in the process but once we were promoted Milan was happy to keep spending at a minimum and have us finish 4th from bottom until sold us IMO.

Probably not the most popular opinion on here but just how I see it.

• Thanks 2

It’ll be the same as always and them who are there will believe everything dc says and clap him off at the end, load of b0llox what is happening at the club lately, should end in a riot tbf but will just be a “he said what we wanted to hear” so we will just continue sleepwalking towards Accrington and Wycombe next season

12 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Surely if the club was up for sale it would be public knowledge to draw in investors. 

Keeping it hush hush makes no sense. 

I expect DC is seeking investors, not a takeover. With investors you can balance ffp/ps a lot easier. 

Everything is hush hush with us though isn’t it? It doesn’t make sense not to communicate with your customers but SWFC don’t 

My predictions for the evening are: 

1: Realises he can’t do it on his own 

2: Bigger problems than first thought - Players, FFP Rules, Fan unrest etc 

3: Finances need underpinning Causing Investment / Partial takeover from the business sector with sponsors to ease FFP with DC still in the shadows (he won’t forfeit the investment) neither will he hand it over totally. 

4: Back seat taken and more fredom for the CEO 

5: Prices can’t be dropped due to choices made by the fans 

9 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

My predictions for the evening are: 

1: Realises he can’t do it on his own 

2: Bigger problems than first thought - Players, FFP Rules, Fan unrest etc 

3: Finances need underpinning Causing Investment / Partial takeover from the business sector with sponsors to ease FFP with DC still in the shadows (he won’t forfeit the investment) neither will he hand it over totally. 

4: Back seat taken and more fredom for the CEO 

5: Prices can’t be dropped due to choices made by the fans 

6:Brought the  wrong Colour Teapot at last meeting 

lolsorry couldn't resist it 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

It did all seem a bit out of the blue this forum announcement. I think DC needs to tread carefully with the fans. Unless he's got some proper bolt from the blue about our future.

Let's have a guess; major investment from a far east business & Steve Bruce in as manager by the New Year.

WTF:

Bloody hell 

You better get 6 numbers on the next Lottery TOWIS6...

lol