Nuhiu in front of the North Stand

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Given recent performances, thought he had one of his better games today.

Problem is always going to be the fact he’s an extremely limited footballer, like it or not.

That’s a fair assessment. I don’t think anyone can argue with that opinion. 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

See this is the mentality I don’t understand, it’s ok for us to stand there and scream dogs abuse at the bloke week in week out but he’s not allowed to answer back ??   Just don’t get it 

I saw the incident and thought it a bit unprofessional. Wednesday have made Nuihu financially secure for life so should bite his lip and best way to shove it back to his critics is to score a goal.

But dont lose any sleep over the player giving it back and hard to form firm opinion about it unless you know exactly what was said.

Footballers are so far from real life its embarrassing  hes a poo footballer  who pinchers a living of around 10000 a week and he cant take a bit of abuse from someone who probably  scrapes and saves to buy a season ticket on around 20000 a year   

29 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Not really. Was up at 4 so I'm flagging I admit. Was hoping Fletcher would replace nuhiu to at least give us a threat. 

I’ve said this before: Nuhiu and Fletcher are different in style. Nuhiu’s best work is with his back to goal - he is an old fashioned centre-forward that drops deep and brings players in; Fletcher is best when facing goal and is more of an all round forward and at his best when he’s pressing the last defender.  Fletcher is the player that will give, turn and go and get on the last man. Both Nuhiu and Fletcher occupy different areas of the forward line - Nuhiu works across the line and Fletcher works the channels. Bring Fletcher on for Nuhiu and you lose your Target Man threat and are looking for your ball over the top instead. 

Currently, Nuhiu is the only “link” player we have. The only other “link” player we have is Hooper who doesn’t rely on aerial ability but is all “arse and elbows” (most notably demonstrated against John Terry during Villa’s first season in the Championship). 

Until Hooper returns or until we buy another link player/Target Man then it’s Nuhiu. 

For the record, I prefer Hooper to Nuhiu. 

Edited by shandypants

Nuhiu looked for the 3-4 lads in question who stood up and slaughtered him while we were going to take a throw in.

They were about 8 rows back, between entrances B&C. Players shouldn't be shouted at in the manner they did. If you witnessed what I saw, I hope you agree!

The lads were a ferkin disgrace. Like Nuhiu or not he's playing.

When joining the first goal celebration he was looking for the same group, and then with others, notably Bannan tried to encourage the crowd.

We're playing poorly, but are we not all in it together?

12 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

I was in the ground today yes. Maybe an exaggeration to say he never wins a header, but he loses more than he wins which for me is poor when you are 6ft 5 and built like he is.

Built like he is haha I think he’s gained weight ?? He must be eating a lot of the fruit 

7 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Really don’t understand this. We’ve seen it quite a bit this season, almost goading the fans. You’d think they’d have learnt (like we have) that we’re actually shiite

They EXPECT, the poor little hard done too f00kers have never done a real hard days work in their lives.

12 hours ago, Royal_D said:

See this is the mentality I don’t understand, it’s ok for us to stand there and scream dogs abuse at the bloke week in week out but he’s not allowed to answer back ??   Just don’t get it 

Footballer = paid to try

Fan = Pays for footballer to try

Fan = Right to criticise when footballer not trying

Player = Taking pi55 when not trying and stealing wage.

It's a fairly simple thing to understand

If Nuhiu played for the opposition most fans that are defending him would be asking "who the hell was that useless lump"

All this "he links up play" bull is a joke the bottom line is the bloke is a striker that is God awful in front of goal.

Edited by curren

15 hours ago, Littleowl74 said:

The reason he missed the sitter at the end is because he lacks a strikers instinct. No anticipation of the ball coming to him at all till it was  too late. 

I was bang in line with it.

Reach’s brilliant cross did all sorts. At first it looked a dead-cert to cross the bye-line. Then it swerved back in and dipped viciously. 

Not an easy ball to finish at all. 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I was bang in line with it.

Reach’s brilliant cross did all sorts. At first it looked a dead-cert to cross the bye-line. Then it swerved back in and dipped viciously. 

Not an easy ball to finish at all. 

Fair enough. My view was directly inline from the kop so hard to see swerve on the ball.