what's wrong with our fans?

16 minutes ago, dnhc said:

go on, what's the difference?

supporters support the club usually thru thick or thin that's why they are called supporters  ...fans come and go depending on how we are doing ….we took 40k to Wembley i'd guess 10-15k were fans who while not jumping on the band wagon wernt committed supporters of the club ….. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

supporters support the club usually thru thick or thin that's why they are called supporters  ...fans come and go depending on how we are doing ….we took 40k to Wembley i'd guess 10-15k were fans who while not jumping on the band wagon wernt committed supporters of the club ….. 

i was stood on the north concourse before the game, next to me were 3 men in their early to mid 70's, they were discussing 'how bad it was', and how ''jos had to go'.

at that age i very much doubt they'd be chanting 'jos out', but they, as 80%+ knew THAT BLOKE LOOKS LIKE HE'S TAKING US DOWN.

it's not a 'supporters' v. 'fans' thing, it is a 'those who think he's not up to it' v. 'those who think a grossly under achieving manager should be given another month or two.

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i agree on the wembley thing tho.

it was true at the millennium stadium too, and any time wednesday are on the up, along come the bandwagon jumpers.

21 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i was stood on the north concourse before the game, next to me were 3 men in their early to mid 70's, they were discussing 'how bad it was', and how ''jos had to go'.

at that age i very much doubt they'd be chanting 'jos out', but they, as 80%+ knew THAT BLOKE LOOKS LIKE HE'S TAKING US DOWN.

it's not a 'supporters' v. 'fans' thing, it is a 'those who think he's not up to it' v. 'those who think a grossly under achieving manager should be given another month or two.

we'll have to differ then because I don't see chanting for the managers head ,or giving grief to players who give there best even if they are crap is what supporting the club .is about ….I've  backed jos (never chansiri) but can see now that it's time for him to go but calling for him during in a game that we could have done with winning does no good to nobody ..

23 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i agree on the wembley thing tho.

it was true at the millennium stadium too, and any time wednesday are on the up, along come the bandwagon jumpers.

Thats same with any club.

I have had a season ticket for 30 years and I dont think its me or many others who are turning they back on the club but the club turning its back on the fans.

we'll have to differ then because I don't see chanting for the managers head ,or giving grief to players who give there best even if they are crap is what supporting the club .is about ….I've  backed jos (never chansiri) but can see now that it's time for him to go but calling for him during in a game that we could have done with winning does no good to nobody ..

i don't agree with the modern day 'everybody is a winner' routine, jos is very poor, the side is playing very poorly, and ALL the clapping in the world won't change those FACTS.

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

i don't agree with the modern day 'everybody is a winner' routine, jos is very poor, the side is playing very poorly, and ALL the clapping in the world won't change those FACTS.

no it wont but you cant possibly think booing and jeering will make the players play better …….posted this earlier this week if you want chansiri to act then get a chansiri out chant going with a few clueless jibes thrown in coz he'll act then ...but nobody will do that. .

no it wont but you cant possibly think booing and jeering will make the players play better …….posted this earlier this week if you want chansiri to act then get a chansiri out chant going with a few clueless jibes thrown in coz he'll act then ...but nobody will do that. .

you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

was chansiri actually there?

14 hours ago, alanharper said:

I'm still trying to work out what the bloke a few rows behind me meant when he shouted "Never mind Jos out, we need to get Luhukay out"

i'm still trying to work out what the bloke a few rows to the side of me meant when he shouted for us to' PASS THE BALL MORE' when coming out of defence, they were on us like a tramp on chips, and he wanted our backline who were struggling to bring a bag of cement down, to develop their ball play, quite staggering what some know of football.

15 hours ago, Ian said:

Any person or group of people that sing for a manager to get sacked whilst using his first name like they are his mate just sounds ridiculous

I agree, to use a cricketing term. It sounded extremely 'village' 

Edited by Mystic Neg

At Wigan in the first half of the new season when our fans started singing “were flipping poo ” I like a lot of others weren’t happy and pretty angry but now I just see they had a crystal ball and could see what was going to happen for the rest of the year

4 hours ago, torryowl said:

You support the club, its your club.. Not the current custodians in "Temporary Charge" 

Especially when they're failing the club and its supporters. 

Someone posted a video yesterday which showed the team coming out of the dressing room before the match. Not one of them looked either happy, confident or "up for it". In all honesty, neither would I have been happy or confident knowing that if I misplaced a pass or missed a header my supporters would be shouting abuse at me. 

I know the football that is being played by us these last few months is soul destroying and painful to watch ; the players themselves probably know this too. Between the tactics being used and the edginess of the crowd it cannot be much of an exhilarating experience to walk out on the pitch at the moment.

In 50 odd years supporting The Wednesday I've seen nearly all the highs and lows that all fans experience. Brilliant matches, poor performances, absolutely abysmal and abjectly bad performances. I've got drunk on the euphoria of winning and I've got drunk after feelings of utter desolation and desperation; but I never, ever booed the players out there on the pitch. I just cannot see it to be constructive in any way.

Fair enough, make your feelings known towards the manager, chairman, owner, but at least do it when it isn't going to impact on the guys on the pitch. They may be underperforming or not very good, but they ain't going to get any better if we get on their cases and give 'em sh it ffs. Football is football and we all know there are no certainties in the game we watch and love, so just back the team on the field of play and try encouraging them to perform better.

I saw a quote from Southampton's new manager the other day which just about sums up football. "If you want guarantees, go out and buy a washing machine."

C'MON THE WEDNESDAY !!!!!!