Two full backs needed

Clearly evident today, last week, last month that the full back positions are clearly the weak spot.

centre halves always having to look over the shoulder because of gaps left by the full backs. Thus causing gaps in the middle.

Morgan Fox is out of his depth however Ash Baker & Liam Palmer are far worst but don’t get berated.

honestly I’ve never seen a poorer full back than Baker, he’s shocking.

Sort the full backs and it won’t cost a lot, and we start to secure the defence 

• Thanks 1

Guest domSWFC

I agree. I also think this is why Pelupessey looks lost. No matter how much he tries to close down, any team can bypass him by playing it past him down the wing. 

Both full backs offer nothing going forward, but yet are never to be seen in defence. 

Neither of today’s goals are the fault of the full backs. We’ve more problems than just those two positions. To be fair they are the least of my concerns! The middle of the pitch gets walked through or kicked over the top of and that’s us done. 

Teams dont have to get to get round the back of us, they just walk through the gaping hole left by captain Lees and captain elect Bannan. You can scapegoat the lesser players all you like but it’s the big names leaving big gaps! 

Edited by Philb125

35 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

Clearly evident today, last week, last month that the full back positions are clearly the weak spot.

centre halves always having to look over the shoulder because of gaps left by the full backs. Thus causing gaps in the middle.

Morgan Fox is out of his depth however Ash Baker & Liam Palmer are far worst but don’t get berated.

Sort the manager first imo, no matter who we sign he cant manage them

Totally agree with this... it's been an issue for a few seasons and we never addressed it. Money spent on other positions and this has been neglected, our defence are in pieces and it needs sorting. Only way it can be looked at is if we sell in January, at least if we keep goals out it's half of the battle.

9 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Baker and Fox are both poor full backs and awful wing backs. 

Baker's crossing is abysmal, hardly ever gets ball past first defender. 

We're missing Jack Hunt very badly along with a fully fit Glenn Loovens. 

57 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

been saying this for ages , without a doubt we have the worst full backs in the league. I honestly think baker makes fox look good he is that bad. 

Guest LittleG
18 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Neither of today’s goals are the fault of the full backs. We’ve more problems than just those two positions. To be fair they are the least of my concerns! The middle of the pitch gets walked through or kicked over the top of and that’s us done. 

Teams dont have to get to get round the back of us, they just walk through the gaping hole left by captain Lees and captain elect Bannan. You can scapegoat the lesser players all you like but it’s the big names leaving big gaps! 

We have problems all over the pitch. All the full backs are not up to standard and I agree with you that teams walk through our midfield. However this is because our midfield 2 Of BB and JP are usually outnumbered by the opposition's midfield. We know BB can do a good job but more often than not he his having to pick the ball up from our defenders because we have nobody else to bring the ball forward. It is the formation, tactics, style of play or whatever you call it that is the issue. Put an extra body in that area and things would be different. That would then lead us on to the final problem, our lack of goal scoring forwards. Nuihu, Fletcher and Matias will not score goals consistently, FF is constantly injured and we may not see Hooper again. Without Joao's goals we'd be struggling even more