WHAT’S THE POINT?

DC doesn’t appear to care about his investment, if Jos stood up and showed some sort of emotion now and again It would help, many (not all) of the players don’t appear to have any feelings for the club, only Dawson is passionate about his and his family’s club, but if the most disliked player that I have seen pull on a jersey, in over 65 years of Owls support.

The apathy of the owner and management team must not be allowed to spread to the terraces, so brace yourselves guys, there’s more to come. WTF:

WHAT’S THE POINT?

It's one of those things you get if you draw. You might be surprised to know you get 3 of them if you win.lol

I know we haven't got many of them for a while but today might be the day that changes.

21 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Professional pride....

You assume that all players have the same level of professional pride. 

In all walks of life there are people who do the absolute minimum required. There are people who need the right management to perform at their best. 

Just because you have professional pride, it doesn’t mean the manager, coaching staff or players share those values. Some will, no doubt, but not all. 

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

You assume that all players have the same level of professional pride. 

In all walks of life there are people who do the absolute minimum required. There are people who need the right management to perform at their best. 

Just because you have professional pride, it doesn’t mean the manager, coaching staff or players share those values. Some will, no doubt, but not all. 

Giving everything in every game is the only way of achieving any success and this should be a minimum requirement. Surely every player that pulls on their respective teams shirt wants to win ? . Don’t they ? 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Giving everything in every game is the only way of achieving any success and this should be a minimum requirement. Surely every player that pulls on their respective teams shirt wants to win ? . Don’t they ? 

It should be a minimum requirement. 

I’m not saying our entire squad is deliberately not trying. 

I’m stating that they will be lacking motivation and inspiration having seen the treatment of Westwood, Hutchinson and so on. 

Players will be asking themselves “what’s the point?” When they could suddenly find themselves frozen out. 

If you are working in a negative environment and your colleagues are being treated this way, and your manager makes decisions that appear bizarre (dropping good performers, changing style at the drop of a hat, claiming you aren’t fit enough to play two back to back games, etc) will you honestly try as hard as if you were working in a positive and trusting environment?

When answering, please remember these players mostly have no connection to thr club beyond a contract. 

48 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

DC doesn’t appear to care about his investment, if Jos stood up and showed some sort of emotion now and again It would help, many (not all) of the players don’t appear to have any feelings for the club, only Dawson is passionate about his and his family’s club, but if the most disliked player that I have seen pull on a jersey, in over 65 years of Owls support.

The apathy of the owner and management team must not be allowed to spread to the terraces, so brace yourselves guys, there’s more to come. WTF:

Look at me, Look at me. I'm so sad im exaggerating to make my points.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Dawson is the most disliked player in 65 years? 

I didnt relaise anyone at all disliked him.

Revealing on the OPs part.

Yeah, I don’t dislike Dawson.  I respect his mental toughness to be in the spotlight week after week as other teams pepper his goal with shot after shot. 

A good young goalkeeper being given zero protection by our “defence”. 

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It should be a minimum requirement. 

I’m not saying our entire squad is deliberately not trying. 

I’m stating that they will be lacking motivation and inspiration having seen the treatment of Westwood, Hutchinson and so on. 

Players will be asking themselves “what’s the point?” When they could suddenly find themselves frozen out. 

If you are working in a negative environment and your colleagues are being treated this way, and your manager makes decisions that appear bizarre (dropping good performers, changing style at the drop of a hat, claiming you aren’t fit enough to play two back to back games, etc) will you honestly try as hard as if you were working in a positive and trusting environment?

When answering, please remember these players mostly have no connection to thr club beyond a contract. 

The massive outlay in wages should also be motivation enough , but having said that don’t most footballers play because of their love for the game , once out there on the pitch and the whistle blows well winning should be the only concern. Shouldn’t it 

54 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

The fact that DC continues to go to games, is pushing small but requested developments like the Meadowhall store and is continuing to front fans forums suggests that he still has desire. 

There are significant things that I would disagree with in terms of his decisions but until it otherwise becomes clear I think it is unfair to call his interest into question.

I don't think Dawson is roundly disliked, he has been put in a very difficult position by the manager, making his breakthrough season behind an unsettled defence. There is clearly resentment in the fan base regarding the Westwood situation which has a knock-on effect on Dawson when we continue to ship goals but he is far from the most disliked player in the current squad never mind the last 65 years.

There is plenty to be disgruntled about without looking for issues that aren't there.

It doesn’t bother me that Jos doesn’t jump up and down on the sidelines. What does bother me is the apparent lack of instruction from the bench. He should be in his technical area shouting advice to the players. 

It’s a cliche that gets thrown about too often, but by just sitting in the dugout and seemingly leaving the players too it looks like he has given the team talk in midweek and that’s it... no ‘plan B’. Proven even more with his token ‘like for like’ 70th minute substitution each game