Wednesday - V- Rotherham OMDT

57 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The wind will straighten your hook/slice out for you if you get it right.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Off to play golf in 45mph winds.

Followed by Mrs H’s lovely lunch.

Hillsborough with son.

Dinner and wine with friends.

Wednesday are tough to follow, but life can still be sweet.

Disasterous start.

Golf course closed due to overnight rain !!!

The rest of my day might deteriorate now...

Mrs H’s cooker will blow up.

We will lose 0-4

We will talk Brexit over dinner and fall out with our friends

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Disasterous start.

Golf course closed due to overnight rain !!!

The rest of my day might deteriorate now...

Mrs H’s cooker will blow up.

We will lose 0-4

We will talk Brexit over dinner and fall out with our friends

Oh dear !! 

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.80998ac24790b1dd84c13d93d1ec13f3.png

"Absolutely awful night."

"Indeed Sir. Though not unexpected, the forecasters said it was coming in"

"No, not the bloody storm. The team news."

"You know the team news Sir?"

"Yes. Had the wireless on this evening. Fletcher having a late test. Forestieri definitely out. Bannan looking like he'll be out. I mean, you couldn't really make it up. It's an absolute wet dream for the doom mongers"

"Well you say that Sir. But Forestieri barely played during your good run earlier in the season. And The West Brom game without Bannan...arguably one of the best performances of the season, apart from the last 10 minutes. Dare I say you might have won if Onomah hadn't come off?"

Image result for josh onomah sheffield wednesday

"I know, but Stubbs, come on, supporters want some hope in their heart when they head to the ground. They want to hear the big name players are available."

"With the greatest of respect Sir, you've spent the last 2 years saying you wish the club hadn't gone 'chasing big name players' and had instead done their homework and got some lesser known types with a bit more in the locker."

"Yes, yes, I know. But still.... You want to see the likes of Fernando out there on the pitch. He's our brightest attacking spark."

"Except against Derby."

"Well yes, except against Derby."

"And not really much against Blackburn"

"Well, no. But then again who did shower themselves in glory against Blackburn"

"Joao Sir?"

"Not for my money. Great goal from nothing. But otherwise, anonymous. Though how much of that is his fault eh? Afterall, the boy had never been a winger. I mean, would you play a striker on the wing?"

"No Sir. But it happens. Cruyff played Lineker on the wing in his second season at the Nou Camp"

"How do you know? You don't even follow football"

"He's been in the Nuns tonight"

"Who? Lineker?"

"No Cruyff"

"Cruyff? I thought he was dead?"

"He is Sir but they've had a seance and the medium said the Dutch Master was talking through him"

"And what did he say?"

"He said 'aanval, aanval, aanval'"

"And what the hell does that mean? Was it a message for the blacksmith?"

"It was hard to tell Sir as the medium he was speaking through had a strong Liverpudlian accent. But I think it loosely translated as "Attack, attack, attack'."

"Well there's no bloody chance of that is there! We look ..gummy"

"I think you mean toothless Sir"

"What eh? Oh yes, toothless. Toothless...you know Stubbs I think that moment was when things really started to go wrong" 

"What was Sir?"

"Joao losing that tooth. I don't think the lad or the team ever quite recovered"

Image result for joao tooth

"Because a player lost a tooth Sir?"

"Yes. I think we can trace it right back to then. Why not? I mean, look at Samsom when he lost his hair"

"But Sir, that's a bit different. And besides, Joao has had his tooth replaced."

"Yes, but it's not his real tooth is it. Oh no, It's an imposter tooth. I mean, you think Samsom would regain his strength by wearing a wig?"

"Samsom did regain his strength though Sir"

"What by wearing a wig?"

"No Sir, at the end of the tale his strength  was granted back to him by God and he pulled the giant columns down and-"

"That's right, that's right he did didn't he...we need to recreate that situation. Get Joao his powers back. Remind me why Samson was pulling the pillars down?"

"Because the Philistines had gauged his eyes out and made him prisoner"

"Hmmm. Well Joao has signed a new contract, so in many ways he's got the prisoner bit covered. The God bit shouldn't be a problem, we can just send Chrissy Waddle down to the dressing room before the game to have a quick word with him. Hmm.... but the eyes might be a bit more problematic. I mean, I don't actually fancy gouging them out. I mean, there must be another way to get the same affect."

"I thought it was his tooth you wanted to knock back out Sir, not to blind him?"

"We may as well go the whole hog now we're two thirds of the way there!"

"What do you suggest? Without permanently damaging the man?"

"I've got it Stubbs! He could wear a welders mask. Give him the sensation of blindness. No, wait!  Maybe he could wear one of those Jedi training helmets. Like Luke Skywalker. So he has to rely more on using the force"

"Star Wars?! Sir, two minutes ago you were going by the Bible!"

"And? It's basically the same thing really. Good versus evil. Feel it in your heart and what not."

"Basically the same?! I wouldn't quite go that far Sir. I think your're getting a bit confused."

"You'd be bloody confused Stubbs, going into a league game against Rotherham bloody United....and half your chums expecting defeat. Against bloody Rotherham for heavens sake. I mean to say.... Rotherham.FFS!"

"For what it's worth Sir I don't think you'll need to smash Joaos tooth back out, or seek guidance from Waddle or any of the rest of your elaborate and if I may say so , dubious plan.  I think you'll  beat them anyway."

"Really Stubbs, you do?"

"Yes Sir. The spirit of Cruyff said so last night"

"Did he? Did he really?"

"Yes Sir. He said  'Rotherham are one of the few teams in the division that are actually shyter than Sheffield Wednesday! Who will win by a couple of goals."

"Did he say anything else?"

"He left just after that Sir you see because old Ted offered to lend him his ticket and scared him away.  Ran off back to the other-world. Screaming "It's going to be a bloody dreadful game!. Two struggling sides. Barely scoring a goal between them!.....two shocking , shocking defensive sides.....and with this storm too.... it could be one of the ugliest games of football of all time.. "  and then the mediums eyes opened. And he said he was gone"

"I'm not surprised Stubbs. I'm not surprised. A purist spirit like that wouldn't want to watch tomorrows fayre. It's going to be a horror show isn't it, even if we win?"

"I fear so Sir. Shall I give your ticket away to your nephew?"

"No I'm still going Stubbs. Still going. But I've had an idea which might make it more bearable .Pass me that Jedi training helmet. Might make it an easier watch"

image.png.3ffda02379aa016bbc34cbee684c6c23.png

image.png.5e5499b487e1f56af12af3b53cefcea5.png

EFL Championship

Hillsborough Stadium

Kick off : 15:00

image.png.6e719ea0ba8b980488902fcb7aeaf4d5.png

• Sheffield Wednesday have won four of their last five league meetings with Rotherham (L1).

• Rotherham have won four of their last six away league matches at Hillsborough against Sheffield Wednesday (D1 L1), losing last time out in December 2016.

• Sheffield Wednesday have won just one of their last eight Championship games (W1 D1 L6).

• Rotherham are winless in their last 11 away league games, since a 1-0 victory against Gillingham in April in League One (D3 L8).

• Adam Reach has scored four of Sheffield Wednesday's last six league goals at Hillsborough.

• 63% of Rotherham's league goals this season have come via set-pieces (12/19), a league-high rate.

image.thumb.png.db742a97591aae92591e3faaeac5f83c.png

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

I shudder to think how much time and effort you put into these posts Snoots, but I have to congratulate you - they’re absolutely brilliant!

without bannan and forestieri we beat a villa away ,but at min even with those 2 we wouldn't beat Rotherham reserves , I went to blackburn they should have had 8 and after blackburn got hammered 4-1 and 3-1 in there last 2 games against v poor teams in wigan and preston. Rotherham got a draw away  at blackburn . its something like 40 championship games since Rotherham won an away game in the championship must be some kind of record but yet most of us will be shocked if they don't beat us . how bad have things  got its unreal 

Awoke this morning to a typical Buxton winter's morning - wind howling around 80mph, rain hammering off the roof, dark as the devil outside..

Wife filling my ear with how she enjoyed her night out with the WI , cat wanting stroking. Realised quickly that my daughter/taxi-driver is in France so no hope of getting to game (not really that bothered after recent weeks) Had the usual tea and toast for breakfast, so, still feeling down, I decided that , on sitting at computer , I would raed MiLord's offering before tackling a rewrite of an old comrade's wartime POW story. As usual, I can now face the world., and lo! out of the window -sunshine!

Don't know what your tipple is, MiLord, but you should bottle and sell it. It's even better than Hendo's. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Off to play golf in 45mph winds.

Followed by Mrs H’s lovely lunch.

Hillsborough with son.

Dinner and wine with friends.

Wednesday are tough to follow, but life can still be sweet.

A perfect day for me that.

Hope you are not playing at Crossland Heath, I used to have special lead filled golf shoes to stop me taking off when I played at Stockbridge when it was windy.

As for the Owls today sadly think it will be a draw or a loss.

Been a supporter of Jos but my mind has now changed and feel a change of manager is needed.

Watched WBA V Villa last night and Villa were outstanding, same squad of players who looked as bad as us under Bruce, slow lethargic negative, defence looked crap.

Now under Smith playing attacking creative football, Abraham could have had 5 goals last night.

The only issue I have with replacing Jos  I don't have any confidence in us replacing him with anyone better.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

My Good wife Diane has obtained fresh supplies of Hendos. Boliled the Steak and Kidney potato and onions. Fresh pastry sits atop of the pie dish full of goodies. It will be served Piping hot with a side of peas and lashings of relish in celebration of our victory over Toy Town whilst watching the blunts get turned over on TV. UTO WAWAW Come on Wednesday ! 

Yummy!  

Come on Wednesday

Its not the first time it ended 4-2 at Blackburn: Drop the hate, and lets see some "Pashun" and "Commitment" in the stands and on the field today. Lets urge the team forward and urge them to close down when were not on the ball. If we do that, we will have done all we can, then its over to the first eleven, not the other 25k.

Will the players realise why we are there and earn their wages today?

Great thread as always Snoots old chap. I have one question for the readership, WHO, in the undoubted “shower of shyte” that Jocular Jos selects today, is going to strap a pair on and show some passion/fight on the pitch? It is a local derby after all, if we play as we did against dem Blavdes we might get a 0-0 out of it. Whatever happens it’ll be a low turn out today given the state of a) the weather, b) the team and c) the mass apathy that surrounds S6 at the moment. Sorry I can’t be more cheerful, if it’s any consolation, Sunny Cornwall is the total opposite of today’s weather her too!:sad: