Half Season Tickets

6 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t know why you are all getting exercised about the half season ticket prices.

They are going to be pro rata with the full S/T prices (non early bird). 

In fact, I don't see how the Club can now adjust the pricing - once they’ve sold S/T’s in advance.

The Club aren’t going to stop offering them - just because the performances on the pitch are poor.

Your right the club aren't going to stop offering them- many fans just aren't going to buy them

Just now, full fathom five said:

Your right the club aren't going to stop offering them- many fans just aren't going to buy them

There are plenty of things to beat the Club with.

But this isn’t one of them. It’s a non story really.

The damage has already been done.

I can’t really see how the Club can change it  - other than upset existing season ticket holders.

And, if that means no one buys them - so be it.

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

There are plenty of things to beat the Club with.

But this isn’t one of them. It’s a non story really.

The damage has already been done.

I can’t really see how the Club can change it  - other than upset existing season ticket holders.

And, if that means no one buys them - so be it.

Have we actuall seen a season ticket holder on here being upset by discounted tickets, under these circumstances

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Have we actuall seen a season ticket holder on here being upset by discounted tickets, under these circumstances

No. But it won’t happen.

Goodness knows - having sold S/T’s in advance, how the Club would price S/T’s in the event of a relegation.

They can’t exactly do “year to year” pricing now they’ve taken advanced receipts.

The prices were all geared on ongoing success. Including POTG.

Edited by ReadingOwl

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

No. But it won’t happen.

Goodness knows - having sold S/T’s in advance, how the Club would price S/T’s in the event of a relegation.

They can’t exactly do “year to year” pricing now they’ve taken advanced receipts.

The prices were all geared on ongoing success. Including POTG.

It won't happen cos Wednesday daren't set a precedent mate.

I'm 61 yrs old this month...i started work at 16..Since then my taxes have financed crack heads, smack heads, students in education before Thatcher got in...t*ssers outta their heads on spice when they could be working..Layabouts, benefit dodgers, and f.ookin'  West ham United..Who am I to suddenly start carping cos a fellow Owl got in for a tenner?

Chansiri can stand outside screamin' "Roll up Roll up for nowt" ..for me...Once ive taken me seat...

Charity begins at home mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

It won't happen cos Wednesday daren't set a precedent mate.

I'm 61 yrs old this month...i started work at 16..Since then my taxes have financed crack heads, smack heads, students in education before Thatcher got in...t*ssers outta their heads on spice when they could be working..Layabouts, benefit dodgers, and f.ookin'  West ham United..Who am I to suddenly start carping cos a fellow Owl got in for a tenner?

Chansiri can stand outside screamin' "Roll up Roll up for nowt" ..for me...Once ive taken me seat...

Charity begins at home mate

Thats very decent of you - and I’d be the same.

Never been interested in what anyone else earns - good luck to them.

Ever listened to a phone in on Teachers Pensions and holidays?

Most people don’t take such a reasoned and mature view unfortunately.

Im 60 next spring - but used to work in the Tail Gate Rip - which means I’m actually 87.

(Mine Workers Pension day today, coincidentally - every 28 days, 13 a year).

lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Seriously it would not bother me a bit if he made Potg a fiver for rest of the season and I'm a st holder 

Why would anyone buy a S/T - it’d ruin his business plan.

Never going to happen - I don’t blame the Club for that.

For the original pricing - yes. But not now.

The die is cast - he’s no room for manoeuvre.

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Thats very decent of you - and I’d be the same.

Never been interested in what anyone else earns - good luck to them.

Ever listened to a phone in on Teachers Pensions and holidays?

Most people don’t take such a reasoned and mature view unfortunately.

Im 60 next spring - but used to work in the Tail Gate Rip - which means I’m actually 87.

(Mine Workers Pension day today, coincidentally - every 28 days, 13 a year).

lol

I'm talking about spreading the wealth mate....How much does scargill get a month ? lol

2 hours ago, Bing Cosby said:

The prices are appalling, but I didn't expect anything else.

The Chairman has backed himself into a corner over pricing and I think even if the ground were empty he'd refuse to back down. Just look at the empty corporate boxes.

This lad nailed it.

Much before me.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t know why you are all getting exercised about the half season ticket prices.

They are going to be pro rata with the full S/T prices (non early bird). 

In fact, I don't see how the Club can now adjust the pricing - once they’ve sold S/T’s in advance.

The Club aren’t going to stop offering them - just because the performances on the pitch are poor.

Good point lol

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm talking about spreading the wealth mate....How much does scargill get a month ? lol

Dont get me on about Scargill. 

I think he’s finally lost his flat at the Barbican (London)  hasnt he?

A bigger charlatan than Carlos.

Can’t stick the bloke - never could.

7 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

This lad nailed it.

Much before me.

The club  is going to suffer as a result, because the multi year ST money is long gone , and we have no POTD income . Utterly stupid idea selling multi year tickets in the first place. It was done for a short term injection of cash , but now we will suffer for it.

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Dont get me on about Scargill. 

I think he’s finally lost his flat at the Barbican (London)  hasnt he?

A bigger charlatan than Carlos.

Can’t stick the bloke - never could.

Shafted the miners to line his own pockets. Yet there are STILL some ex miners who think the sun shines out of his arris. 

• Thanks 1

Don't you lads worry ye not .....

Blenky is going to the meeting and he's going to let DEE DEE have it both barrels and the Red Bull chap who will be sat next to him aside the Red T Pot,  just to let him know we are the Wednesday Boys in Blue and are here to stay .....

He's even bought a new suit so he looks the part 

No more Mr Nice Guys ........

Dm1TU_0WsAE05T1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am a season ticket holder and wouldnt moan if half season ticket prices ot POTG prices were brought down a little. 

But like others have said I dont think this is likely. Chansiri got loads of criticism over prices (rightly so) and think he would see it as losing face to lower them after spending time defending high prices.

This is what frustrates me more than our performances. The complete ineptitude of our chairman running this football club has caused the current state of performance on the pitch. 

Id write it all down as to why but I don't want to ruin my weekend. He and his staff are completely and utterly delusional.

Slash prices by at least a third, sell more tickets as a result, get more of a crowd down to Hillsborough, build a more sustainable level of support for the future. 

This club is only going one way and the fact he can't see that is a tragedy. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Shafted the miners to line his own pockets. Yet there are STILL some ex miners who think the sun shines out of his arris. 

I refuse to get involved in a discussion about Scargill.

I’d go into a time warp.

Put it this way - everyone remembers Thatchers death/day.

They got the wrong person IMO.

Seriously, but that’s for another day/thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

He kept the price high and said it would bring in quality players or did I hear that wrong 

Didn't he know  full well nobody would be coming in as we was under an embargo. Would that go down as selling under false pretences because it certainly don't sit right with me

And before anyone from club sharpens there pencils it was a question 

Thats a good point.

That survey was strange when the Club must have known an embargo was on the cards.