Paul Clement

Back in December last year before we appoint Jos the odds on favourite to get the Job was Karanka who is now of course at Forest who are fifth in the table but have spent a lot of money again and brought some great loan players in.

The other favourite were Lambert and Pearson one is at Ipswich now the other still in Belgium even though his family home is still in Sheffield. If only Sheffield was not such a nice place to live Pearson would have moved his family elsewhere years ago and i feel he would have taken the Owls job by now.

Instead we got Jos and in 12 months his team has beat off relegation and turned our once promotion chasing club into a team slipping into a relegation fight, players not allowed to play by manager or chairman, players with no confidence in themselves or their manager and most games not a clue what tactics or formation they are playing. 18 months is all it has taken to put the club back to worse than it was when DC took over.

We need a big personality to come in grab the team by the scruff of the neck and first make us hard to beat and build from there,  there was a time when teams where afraid to come to Hillsborough.

I just cannot think of a cheap option who could do it - Allardyce would do it but would cost. Who's the modern day Big Ron????? :picnic:

31 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Reading not messing about when it comes to getting rid of a manager who's underperforming.

Watch them go out and get Jokanovic or McCarthy now whilst Chansiri still dithers about wondering whether to sack Jos.

Who is going to tell him????

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Marcopw001 said:

There replacement could take one of our potential manager options out if we’re not making moves behind the scenes.

Unless they are scouring out of work managers from the continent who have a history of working in the Dutch 4th division I wouldn’t worry about it.:Chansiri:

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Back in December last year before we appoint Jos the odds on favourite to get the Job was Karanka who is now of course at Forest who are fifth in the table but have spent a lot of money again and brought some great loan players in.

The other favourite were Lambert and Pearson one is at Ipswich now the other still in Belgium even though his family home is still in Sheffield. If only Sheffield was not such a nice place to live Pearson would have moved his family elsewhere years ago and i feel he would have taken the Owls job by now.

Instead we got Jos and in 12 months his team has beat off relegation and turned our once promotion chasing club into a team slipping into a relegation fight, players not allowed to play by manager or chairman, players with no confidence in themselves or their manager and most games not a clue what tactics or formation they are playing. 18 months is all it has taken to put the club back to worse than it was when DC took over.

We need a big personality to come in grab the team by the scruff of the neck and first make us hard to beat and build from there,  there was a time when teams where afraid to come to Hillsborough.

I just cannot think of a cheap option who could do it - Allardyce would do it but would cost. Who's the modern day Big Ron????? :picnic:

garymegson

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Lee Clark was good about 10 years ago at Huddersfield but like so many manager in the last 10 years when to Birmingham and crumbled his career. Not sure he would want to work under DC.

Liike everyone else i want an experience Championship manager but I just don't think it will happen, for this DC will have to admit he has got it wrong with Jos, I don't know its a cultural thing or the way he has been brought up but he really digs his heels in and makes this a lot worse than just saying - look I made a mistake.

If you think that appointing a manager with championship experience won't happen because it'll mean Chansiri admitting a mistake, and his nature won't allow him to admit mistakes, then you are going to be bitterly disappointed.

Any chairman that sacks a manager (regardless of what's in his CV) after less than 18 months is, in effect, admitting that he got it wrong. So if, as you suggest, Chansiri can't or won't admit his mistakes (or indeed doesn't see them as mistakes) then we're going to have to wait quite some time before he acts in getting rid of Jos, never mind appointing a replacement with championship experience.