Rotherham United

29 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I went to the last one and we won that in the last minute! We beat you at your place too the last few times.

I honestly couldn't remember that 1 nil loss 2 years ago so I googled it and yes you did beat us with a penalty in the 94th minute. That was the season of our worst ever team. Just looking at the game we subbed Odemwingie (one of our worst ever players) for Dexter Blackstock (OUR WORST EVER PLAYER) so not surprised we lost on our way to relegation.

Think that was our worst ever following to Hillsborough as well given that we were rock bottom and you were charging about £42 a ticket. 

6 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

I honestly couldn't remember that 1 nil loss 2 years ago so I googled it and yes you did beat us with a penalty in the 94th minute. That was the season of our worst ever team. Just looking at the game we subbed Odemwingie (one of our worst ever players) for Dexter Blackstock (OUR WORST EVER PLAYER) so not surprised we lost on our way to relegation.

Think that was our worst ever following to Hillsborough as well given that we were rock bottom and you were charging about £42 a ticket. 

if you read above i answered that mate

please don't say 'You were charging'  You mean our owner   you get ripped off one match try all feckin season 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

You've had much worse players than those two! lol

Saturday's game - it'll be a proper scrap because we are way off the pace with a poor manager, and you guys are fighting to stay in the division against the odds. Be one goal in it, probably 1-0 either way.

BTW, the prices haven't changed! :picnic:

It's cost me £33 this time. Lowest category match so it's cheaper. Guessing that's cos it's "not a local derby" as some of your more geographically challenged fans keep reminding us.

Still a rip off given that we'll be charging you £23 for the home match. Reciprocal pricing seems fair in that instance but then that's taking it out the genuine fans again. Your chairman seems happy to do that himself!

1 minute ago, AlanLee said:

It's cost me £33 this time. Lowest category match so it's cheaper. Guessing that's cos it's "not a local derby" as some of your more geographically challenged fans keep reminding us.

Still a rip off given that we'll be charging you £23 for the home match. Reciprocal pricing seems fair in that instance but then that's taking it out the genuine fans again. Your chairman seems happy to do that himself!

I think of the pricing for you lot this way.

If you puke in the back of a cab then you have to play for the clean up, If you are a dirty scrubber who likes to rub pigs then you pay extra for the clean up. :biggrin:

3 hours ago, AlanLee said:

You conveniently forgot your cup final from two years ago?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Our derby is against rivals from the other side of our city. The game against yourselves is as relevant to us as Preston, Bolton, Millwall etc. Yes you are neighbours of ours but we honestly don't give a poo about you. Please get over it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlanLee said:

TBH, your posts are usually ok.

But a Derby usually signifies some kind of rivalry, not some made up ,one ie m23 derby , seaside derby etc that is peddled out by SKY etc. To be clear our Derby is sheff Utd, same city you see and rivals as over the years similar sized club etc etc.

Rotherham is not Sheffield, just because you have no other teams in your town  you need to make one up. Suggest Doncaster is more fitting for a club of your stature.

You may argue about the definition of a Derby but ask your mates the blades they will say the same one derby the Sheffield one.

3 hours ago, AlanLee said:

While I agree the pricing is disgraceful, please stop trying to engineer this weird rivalry with us. 

8 hours ago, AlanLee said:

It was £36 last time and you brought just over 800, game was awful but we gladly took the 3 points.

Low numbers probably more to do with how badly you was doing, I believe you've sold near on 2,000 this time. 

On 05/12/2018 at 09:17, AlanLee said:

Hi chaps, your friendly Rotherham fan here. Didn't think I'd be back so soon. Last time I was on here we were getting relegated and Wednesday were enroute to the Premier League!

Anyway here we both are playing eachother again. It's a funny old game. Should be an easy win for Wednesday given that we haven't won away at this level for 36 matches. Saying that, if we did win we'd actually go above you in the table wouldn't we? 

Looking forward to it as it's my favourite  local derby.

You're irrelevant to us. Sorry if that bothers you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Buy a membership and youl get another fiver off lol

It obviously is a local derby. The problem is that it's not a big deal for us. It is for Rotherham. That's inevitable when you have a relatively large and small club as neighbour. And it's a problem because the smaller club's crowd and players are motivated as for a local derby; the bigger club's, not so much.

I don't mean that in a sneering kind of way. Being a bigger club doesn't make you the better club. You don't follow Wednesday if supporting a big club matters to you. Rotherham presumably are quite well run, to have got themselves back into the championship. We are very badly run

I have no particular view of Rotherham as a club. I think I have been in the town four times in the past 20 years. I don't know any Rotherham fans.

As to the game, my son is back in the area for a family event on the Sat night. We had been thinking to fit in the football, but have decided not to. Rather spend the £xx that his ticket would have cost on a pub lunch, and take the dog out for a stroll.

On 06/12/2018 at 09:18, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

You've had much worse players than those two! lol

Saturday's game - it'll be a proper scrap because we are way off the pace with a poor manager, and you guys are fighting to stay in the division against the odds. Be one goal in it, probably 1-0 either way.

BTW, the prices haven't changed! :picnic:

Guy Branston :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2018 at 12:21, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Our derby is against rivals from the other side of our city. The game against yourselves is as relevant to us as Preston, Bolton, Millwall etc. Yes you are neighbours of ours but we honestly don't give a poo about you. Please get over it. 

Well maybe Rotherham think we are irrelevant and their big derby is against the Blades.  Please get over it.