Jordan Rhodes

Guest domSWFC

3 hours ago, flying-owl said:

Such a broad statement that could mean anything.

I think it was DC's way of getting the fans used to the idea that we'll have to sell our best players to comply with FFP

But we were told we wouldn't have to do that so long as we continued to pay chansiri's ridiculous ticket prices

If we still owed Middlesboro £4m for him and then got £2.5m for him from Norwich we'd have another £1.5m loss to add to the books.

If we paid for Rhodes in full it wouldn't matter so much but rarely now a transfer gets paid in full up front, usually over the course of a contract.

1 hour ago, rob1601 said:

If we still owed Middlesboro £4m for him and then got £2.5m for him from Norwich we'd have another £1.5m loss to add to the books.

Not sure, but wouldn't the loss be over the course of the contract, not all in one bung.

And if he did come back and rarely played, the savings on wages would more than cover the £1.5M loss.

If he came back and got back to scoring ways, fair enough but we ain't got any gambling money left to find out.

5 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Don't disagree. I think we will have to accept that but it's going to be a struggle to justify the season ticket price, petrol and travel time for me to renew in a couple of months' time

That’s the problem ain’t it mate we can sort of accept it if the prices wasn’t so high. I mean DC said we was paying so high to fund the players we had on the pitch. Now unfortunately for us they aren’t on the pitch but are still on the wage structure sooooo hopefully next year when a fair few have been shifted I hope the prices lower in accordance!!. That’s onlt my guess and if that was the case as fans we can sort of get over it for a couple of seasons if we are getting value for money. But if he keeps prices high then he’s only going to make a rod for his own back and we will continue to be restless with unjustified prices etc. I hope he’s smart enough to realise this??

4 hours ago, rob1601 said:

If we paid for Rhodes in full it wouldn't matter so much but rarely now a transfer gets paid in full up front, usually over the course of a contract.

I'm fairly sure that Norwich has paid the majority if not all his wages whilst he's been on loan so that would be a decent saving for us.

Edited by darra

15 hours ago, np pontefract said:

I would like to see  Jordan Rhodes return to Sheffield Wednesday.

I would also like to see a manager appointed who would instil an attacking ethos into our club and play the exciting kind of football, where Jordan Rhodes excells

Create the chances and he will convert a good many of them into goals.

I'm sick to the back teeth of the kind of negative, back passing, crabbing football played currently.

Sick of it !

garymegson