Jordan Rhodes

Guest domSWFC

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I’m genuinely trying to think of the last time we put a ball into the box that Rhodes might have got on the end of. I’m really struggling. He doesn’t score the Joao 25 yarders, or the FF quick one-twos around the box.

His Norwich Goals have been typical Rhodes goals, but they don’t exist with our team and approach.

Sell and get a pair of strong full-backs.

Yep. Most of our goals are 30/40 yard screamers Joao's being typical at Blackburn. We can count the number of chances we create in any match inside the box from open play on two or three fingers. Was the same in CC's last season, Jos has just kept it going. Rhodes does not fit into our style of play. So we either sell him or employ a manager who knows how to create bucket loads of chances, then Rhodes will score.

4 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

He's a busted flush imo, footballs moved on and he's a relic of the past

He'll never hit 10 league goals again in a season in anything above the Championship

Hes already got 5 this season playing bit part for Norwich

do you honestly think he wont score another 5 league goals this if he plays his fair share of games

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Hes already got 5 this season playing bit part for Norwich

do you honestly think he wont score another 5 league goals this if he plays his fair share of games

I honestly do,

He's played in 6 minutes total for them in their last 4 games

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would have him back right now if we could. 

not his fault but this bloke is the reason we are up s**t creek.  Dumbest signing ever.  A club with GBP16m total income spending half of that on a player + wages.

Absolutely insane.  Combine that with the other one paced, over the hill garbage and no wonder we are where we are.

And to those talking about service - let's do the JR sitters compilation incl. the one against QPR where he managed to head it over the bar from 2 yards in front of an open goal.

3 hours ago, poite said:

This is one of the questions I want asking at the fans forum.

I would like chansiri to explain that statement and clarify what exactly he means by 'big trouble'

Such a broad statement that could mean anything.

I think it was DC's way of getting the fans used to the idea that we'll have to sell our best players to comply with FFP

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

The words out of Chansiri's mouth were

"If we fail to go up this season we are in big trouble".

Call me negative but I dont think we will be building any promotion chasing teams for a good few years, certainly whilst Chansiri remains at the club.

Did he say how much trouble we’d be in if we get relegated??

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

and in those 6 minutes he still managed to score

glad we still have the scoring predators of Nuhui, Fletcher and Hopper to rely on though

He's got a similar goalscoring rate at Norwich as Joao as for us this season though, infact Joao has scored 1 more with less minutes played

Funny how he wasn't namechecked though ;)

3 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Yehrrr that did dawn on me after I posted other one :( still tbf we wouldn’t get going next year anyway I recon realistically as Wednesday fans we need to realise we won’t be challenging again for a couple of seasons anyway ? If we are stuck with kids then let them gel and gain experience they’ll come good

Don't disagree. I think we will have to accept that but it's going to be a struggle to justify the season ticket price, petrol and travel time for me to renew in a couple of months' time

He'll be sold in January. Heard something a while back on the radio about Villa selling Grealish. Some bloke who knew about FFP reckoned that its more beneficial to sell in January for clubs and ffp didn't understand it tbh.

7 minutes ago, darra said:

He'll be sold in January. Heard something a while back on the radio about Villa selling Grealish. Some bloke who knew about FFP reckoned that its more beneficial to sell in January for clubs and ffp didn't understand it tbh.

Can he be sold though, if he’s on a full season’s loan? I suppose Norwich could make the deal permanent, but they are unlikely to do that if he can’t get in the side