Jordan Rhodes

Guest domSWFC

Think we will have 2 more seasons of little or no spending as FFP runs on a rolling 3 year cycle. Under DCs ownership we have overspent every year. Even this season without sales we will be over the limits. As for Rhodes we would be looking at 4 million tops in my opinion and if Norwich go up they will be looking at better standard for the premier.

Edited by ZicoSterland2

With the right approach and the right players around him, he will score a hat full of goals.

Both managers he has had at Wednesday are negative nigels who don't use either wingers or high tempo. 

He is pretty slow and the only way he could score for us in our current set up is from the penalty spot. He isn't running onto any through balls that's for sure. Quick breaks, pulling opposition out of their comfort zone and positions and he will find the space. 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

The words out of Chansiri's mouth were

"If we fail to go up this season we are in big trouble".

Call me negative but I dont think we will be building any promotion chasing teams for a good few years, certainly whilst Chansiri remains at the club.

Points deduction apparently. 10/15 points isn't impossible to turn around if we have the players!!! 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I’m genuinely trying to think of the last time we put a ball into the box that Rhodes might have got on the end of. I’m really struggling. He doesn’t score the Joao 25 yarders, or the FF quick one-twos around the box.

His Norwich Goals have been typical Rhodes goals, but they don’t exist with our team and approach.

Sell and get a pair of strong full-backs.

Norwich, Hull, Bolton, Villa last season

He scores

Ask him to drop deep for ball and pull trigger from 25 yards and we've not got a chance

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

The words out of Chansiri's mouth were

"If we fail to go up this season we are in big trouble".

Call me negative but I dont think we will be building any promotion chasing teams for a good few years, certainly whilst Chansiri remains at the club.

If that is what he said, about us being in big trouble, the reality will be much worse. Why not just be honest and say what the impact will be. Being honest generally gets people on side.

Sure other clubs will have heard of our current situasituation so will want players and low ball us on transfers anyway.

2 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Sadly the 3 year rule taken into account for FFP will mean we've got another season of waiting to go for any sort or funding. The big spending season when we brought Rhodes in will still be on the books this summer I think

Yehrrr that did dawn on me after I posted other one :( still tbf we wouldn’t get going next year anyway I recon realistically as Wednesday fans we need to realise we won’t be challenging again for a couple of seasons anyway ? If we are stuck with kids then let them gel and gain experience they’ll come good

3 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Should Jos go, would Rhodes be in the plans of a future manager, or is he the key to us holding off FFP?

With Norwich top of the league and Rhodes never successfully holding a starter spot in the Premier League maybe we are hoping for a demise in their form to try and make a sale on Rhodes. 

Should Rhodes be sold, for a decent Fee, (I'd imagine we'd recuperate most of our outlay on him) and high earners contracts set to expire in the summer could we have another go at chasing promotion? 

Maybe we won't be able splash out on transfer fees, but could we be in a position to attract a higher quality of loanees and free agents?

They wont want him he starts less for them than he did for us.

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would have him back right now if we could. 

He's doggar. Had that many chances to stick the ball in the net and failed miserably. Worse pound for pound signing in Wednesdays history. Even now if we brought him back in it would be a backward step.

2 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

He's doggar. Had that many chances to stick the ball in the net and failed miserably. Worse pound for pound signing in Wednesdays history. Even now if we brought him back in it would be a backward step.

I would much rather have him as an option than Nuhiu for example. 

I think we're better off keeping him, if we get 2m or something like that, or the money goes to boro etc. as people are saying, then the question is, is he worth 2m? If so, then perhaps he should stay, but I think this all depends on the fitness of hooper, winnall, as we may want to invest elsewhere, no matter how small a fee, if we become overloaded with options up front again.

I hope we get Winnall back soon, then he has half a season to show what he can do, and will make the decision easier.

Edited by jomaco

2 minutes ago, jomaco said:

I think we're better off keeping him, if we get 2m or something like that, or the money goes to boro etc. as people are saying, then the question is, is he worth 2m? If so, then perhaps he should stay, but I think this all depends on the fitness of hooper, winnall, as we may want to invest elsewhere, no matter how small a fee, if we become overloaded with options up front again.

Well maybe keep him if we go down, his goals could be useful in League One