Jordan Rhodes

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

Should Jos go, would Rhodes be in the plans of a future manager, or is he the key to us holding off FFP?

With Norwich top of the league and Rhodes never successfully holding a starter spot in the Premier League maybe we are hoping for a demise in their form to try and make a sale on Rhodes. 

Should Rhodes be sold, for a decent Fee, (I'd imagine we'd recuperate most of our outlay on him) and high earners contracts set to expire in the summer could we have another go at chasing promotion? 

Maybe we won't be able splash out on transfer fees, but could we be in a position to attract a higher quality of loanees and free agents?

I’m genuinely trying to think of the last time we put a ball into the box that Rhodes might have got on the end of. I’m really struggling. He doesn’t score the Joao 25 yarders, or the FF quick one-twos around the box.

His Norwich Goals have been typical Rhodes goals, but they don’t exist with our team and approach.

Sell and get a pair of strong full-backs.

• Like 4

High earners contracts running out in the summer won't affect our FFP/P&S situation for this season. We'd get much less for Rhodes than we paid for him unfortunately so we'll still be looking to cash in on the likes of FF, Reach & Bannan to stay within limits.

43 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Should Jos go, would Rhodes be in the plans of a future manager, or is he the key to us holding off FFP?

With Norwich top of the league and Rhodes never successfully holding a starter spot in the Premier League maybe we are hoping for a demise in their form to try and make a sale on Rhodes. 

Should Rhodes be sold, for a decent Fee, (I'd imagine we'd recuperate most of our outlay on him) and high earners contracts set to expire in the summer could we have another go at chasing promotion? 

Maybe we won't be able splash out on transfer fees, but could we be in a position to attract a higher quality of loanees and free agents?

On a nutshell forget this season stay up get rid of overpaid crops then next year no ffp we can have a crack again until then enjoy the ride and wait for the building process to gel 

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The words out of Chansiri's mouth were

"If we fail to go up this season we are in big trouble".

Call me negative but I dont think we will be building any promotion chasing teams for a good few years, certainly whilst Chansiri remains at the club.

This. 

Many of our fans seem to have underestimated what an absolute setback FFP will be for years. It's our fault we couldn't add numbers up and keep ourselves out of it. We'll be paying high prices for that for years. 

7 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Rhodes up top being fed by wide forwards when Holloway gets the top job = 30 goal season.

If you mean 30 team goals, then you're spot on.

We tried this for him, plus numerous other systems, and he still couldn't do it.

Terrible, terrible signing.

I think he needs to to drop down to league 1 to find his shooting boots and confidence. Genuinely think the Championship is too much for him now. 

1 hour ago, domSWFC said:

Simply put no.

Rhodes has I think 2 years left on his deal after this season, if his fee was £8m as reported then we will need to sell him for at least £4m to to balance out the loss of his fee in the accounts. Personally I think we will get an offer for him in the summer, it just depends what that offer is. A team coming down from the premier league wanting a proven striker at this level who needs to re-find his confidence. I think it is very telling at Norwich Ben Marshall is injured and Rhodes is not playing as much as soon as Marshall is fit in the second half of the season I think Rhodes will be upping his scoring tally. 

35 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

On a nutshell forget this season stay up get rid of overpaid crops then next year no ffp we can have a crack again until then enjoy the ride and wait for the building process to gel 

Sadly the 3 year rule taken into account for FFP will mean we've got another season of waiting to go for any sort or funding. The big spending season when we brought Rhodes in will still be on the books this summer I think

39 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The words out of Chansiri's mouth were

"If we fail to go up this season we are in big trouble".

Call me negative but I dont think we will be building any promotion chasing teams for a good few years, certainly whilst Chansiri remains at the club.

This is one of the questions I want asking at the fans forum.

I would like chansiri to explain that statement and clarify what exactly he means by 'big trouble'

• Thanks 1

I would like to see  Jordan Rhodes return to Sheffield Wednesday.

I would also like to see a manager appointed who would instil an attacking ethos into our club and play the exciting kind of football, where Jordan Rhodes excells

Create the chances and he will convert a good many of them into goals.

I'm sick to the back teeth of the kind of negative, back passing, crabbing football played currently.

Sick of it !

• Like 1