Middlewood Road

2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Wasn't there a rumour about extending the Training Ground right back to Claywheels Lane - or have I dreamt that?

I think there was an offer to buy the Niagara facilities however for whatever reason that fell through. It was going to involve building a bridge across the Don to move between the two.

5 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Think the point is there are obviously restrictions on what he can spend on recruitment, but not on infrastructure: improvements to the training ground will theoretically improve the first team too in the long run.

Likewise ground improvements should be free from FFP and could improve revenue streams.

That was your point in your OP and i don't disagree with you.

However my post was in response to one which moaned about money being wasted on players when it should have been spent on training facilities. Looking at his posts in this thread i have a suspicion that DC has run over his dog and shat in his garden.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Not according to this.

Melwood is the Liverpool FC training ground, located in the West Derby area of Liverpool. It is separate from the Liverpool Academy facility, which is based in Kirkby.

Liverpool are in the process of building their  new first team training ground at the back of their current academy 

• Thanks 1

There is still a lot of land on Penistone road up for grabs. If I remember right one large plot was earmarked foe the Wednesday in the  community organization and plans were passed. I believe that the funding wasn't forthcoming so it came to nothing but the plot of land still appears empty.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Broncolives said:

There is still a lot of land on Penistone road up for grabs. If I remember right one large plot was earmarked foe the Wednesday in the  community organization and plans were passed. I believe that the funding wasn't forthcoming so it came to nothing but the plot of land still appears empty.

They are clearing the site at present. It's going to be a new Volvo showroom the signs are already up.

On 12/02/2019 at 19:25, Mountain Owl said:

I think there was an offer to buy the Niagara facilities however for whatever reason that fell through. It was going to involve building a bridge across the Don to move between the two.

I think the issue would have been obtaining planning permission for the bridge which would have entailed cutting down trees.

• Thanks 1