Middlewood Road

56 minutes ago, MartinOwlMan said:

In the current on-field situation it is very easy to slag off the club in everything it does. I don’t think the training ground or academy should get any stick at all. Good work DC

The work's done by Stevie et al, not Chansiri. Brilliant guys.

DC's lack of major money at Middlewood and stadium shows he's given up.

Or a buyer's on horizon.

39 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Or a buyer's on horizon.

Of course, I'm sure there is loads of credit due to the club employees - and the work is done at that level no doubt about that. Without them nothing can be achieved. But DC (lack of major money? really?) has put millions into our club, he is definitely due some credit. And to be man enough to host a fans forum at a time when his popularity is so low is exemplary. 

53 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Or a buyer's on horizon.

£80M might be pocket money to an entrepreneur like yourself but in my mind it's major money. He did say that IF we get to the Prem then we will look at improving the ground which seems sensible to me

• Haha 3

Brucey comments on training ground are right - Everton's 55 acres compared to , what, 7 acres  at Middlewood.

Also, Turner always said it led to injuries.

As it doesn't count towards FFP, we should now be able to secure a top site for our now brilliant academy.

Ex Norton aerodrome anyone? Cheap , too, as in green belt so only leisue / spots can be developed here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To me from what Bruce said it sounds like the plan would be to move the academy somewhere else and leave the first team at middlewood.  I think this is a bad idea.  The academy should all be training in the same facilities. Man City consolidated all their levels, include all the women teams in the same site, Liverpool are also doing this too.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:39, WadsleyOwl said:

I see you’re easily impressed. Go and have a look at Derby, Boro or BHA and see what a proper training ground/academy looks like. 

Why don't you fuckoff and support them. 

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, oakowl said:

To me from what Bruce said it sounds like the plan would be to move the academy somewhere else and leave the first team at middlewood.  I think this is a bad idea.  The academy should all be training in the same facilities. Man City consolidated all their levels, include all the women teams in the same site, Liverpool are also doing this too.

Whilst I agree and this should be the long term aim I got the impression that Steve was talking short term when he was asking about the academy looking at another site.

Eventually we will have to develop something somewhere else on a grand scale as we just don't have the room at Middlewood but with the size of the squad I think SB is thinking were gonna need all this room for the first team now.

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 00:18, WadsleyOwl said:

It’s a flipping dump, shitty converted shipping containers FFS what’s that all about, that’s certainly going to attract a top manager and players isn’t it 

This is one area where the SWFC owner could have made a difference, if Middlewood wasn’t big enough (which it probably isn’t) he should have bought land and built a new academy and training ground, then the fan base could have witnessed that there was some sort of plan to grow the club and develop it with youngsters and future talents. A place that would attract future top players and managers. Instead we’ve spunked millions on a load of prem has beens that have been no benefit to SWFC whatsoever and that we’re getting FFP punished for.

There’s just been far too many calamitous decisions since he walked through the door and the lack of investment on infrastructure is just one of them. 

Yeh, stop spending money on new players DC, none of us fans want that, we want some nice new showers at the training ground.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oakowl said:

Think I'm right in saying that Man cities academy play and train in their own 18k seater state of the art stadium.

2 hours ago, oakowl said:

Not according to this.

Melwood is the Liverpool FC training ground, located in the West Derby area of Liverpool. It is separate from the Liverpool Academy facility, which is based in Kirkby.

10 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Looks alright to me

You're joking aren't you?

It looks absolute shybo. Tin pot in the extreme, I'm embarassed. My son's state school has better facilities than that. I would bet any money that a mid-range private school such as Birkdale has better facilities.

That's just not acceptable for a Championship club.

5 minutes ago, Steelman said:

You're joking aren't you?

It looks absolute shybo. Tin pot in the extreme, I'm embarassed. My son's state school has better facilities than that. I would bet any money that a mid-range private school such as Birkdale has better facilities.

That's just not acceptable for a Championship club.

Why, what do they need? Gold toilets?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brommers said:

Yeh, stop spending money on new players DC, none of us fans want that, we want some nice new showers at the training ground.

Think the point is there are obviously restrictions on what he can spend on recruitment, but not on infrastructure: improvements to the training ground will theoretically improve the first team too in the long run.

Likewise ground improvements should be free from FFP and could improve revenue streams.