Middlewood Road

Not really sure what people want to see - big aesthetic pleasing buildings? Or a facility that does the job? Uniteds training facility looks like a sh*t whole, but it’s done it’s job over the years. I’d be more inclined to see what results it produces rather than criticise based on whether it looks all shiny and nice. 

The club had to upgrade it for category 2 status I think?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

It’s a flipping dump, shitty converted shipping containers FFS what’s that all about, that’s certainly going to attract a top manager and players isn’t it 

This is one area where the SWFC owner could have made a difference, if Middlewood wasn’t big enough (which it probably isn’t) he should have bought land and built a new academy and training ground, then the fan base could have witnessed that there was some sort of plan to grow the club and develop it with youngsters and future talents. A place that would attract future top players and managers. Instead we’ve spunked millions on a load of prem has beens that have been no benefit to SWFC whatsoever and that we’re getting FFP punished for.

There’s just been far too many calamitous decisions since he walked through the door and the lack of investment on infrastructure is just one of them. 

You can't have seen the improvements then because it is far better now

Maybe you should actually go take a look before spouting bull just to suit your own agenda

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lairyowl said:

My countainer ltd built them 

The club did build a nice new block. Lets leave it at that and stop fuc*ing bashing the club with childish remarks. Its getting very tedious this site considering the fact we are spiralling down the league.The smile on folks faces will soon be wiped off when we see the Div 1 fixture list come out and we might be on it.,

The new training ground building was constructed from the same method used for some of the buildings in use at the Northern General Hospital and many others across the country. The method allows construction to be carried out off site with minimal disruption for the client during the construction phase with just a few days on site required on site to couple the units together. They certainly aren't old shipping containers.

• Thanks 1

The have updated the facilities as far as i know and what has been done will improve the club in the long term.

I just wish we brought the stadium a bit more up to date. We need to be a business that is used as much on none match days as match days. United have a lot of functions at the Copthorne Hotel and I believe they receive an decent income from it.

The club should be hosting events, Xmas and Corporate dues, stadium tours. We have missed out to Rotherham Unite as a host for the Women's European championship, presumably becuase we didn't bid for it or have the facilities for it, this kind of shows how much we are behind other local football club. Rotherham have a lot of functions on none match days and it brings a good income. My current place of work have a lot of functions their its good facilities and reasonably priced and it has good transport links being so close to the motorway.

We as a club need to massively improve as the riches of the Premier League are a distance chance currently so we should be looking to get other sources of income as well as the fans.

12 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

It’s a flipping dump, shitty converted shipping containers FFS what’s that all about, that’s certainly going to attract a top manager and players isn’t it 

This is one area where the SWFC owner could have made a difference, if Middlewood wasn’t big enough (which it probably isn’t) he should have bought land and built a new academy and training ground, then the fan base could have witnessed that there was some sort of plan to grow the club and develop it with youngsters and future talents. A place that would attract future top players and managers. Instead we’ve spunked millions on a load of prem has beens that have been no benefit to SWFC whatsoever and that we’re getting FFP punished for.

There’s just been far too many calamitous decisions since he walked through the door and the lack of investment on infrastructure is just one of them. 

Suppose in his defence hes been looking for new training facilities pretty much since he took over so what would be the point in spending a load of cash on Middlewood road?

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

The have updated the facilities as far as i know and what has been done will improve the club in the long term.

I just wish we brought the stadium a bit more up to date. We need to be a business that is used as much on none match days as match days. United have a lot of functions at the Copthorne Hotel and I believe they receive an decent income from it.

The club should be hosting events, Xmas and Corporate dues, stadium tours. We have missed out to Rotherham Unite as a host for the Women's European championship, presumably becuase we didn't bid for it or have the facilities for it, this kind of shows how much we are behind other local football club. Rotherham have a lot of functions on none match days and it brings a good income. My current place of work have a lot of functions their its good facilities and reasonably priced and it has good transport links being so close to the motorway.

We as a club need to massively improve as the riches of the Premier League are a distance chance currently so we should be looking to get other sources of income as well as the fans.

Maybe New York stadium was chosen because a full or nearly full stadium looks better on tv than a 3rd full Hillsborough or the stain for that matter. Just a guess on my part. I agree that hillsborough needs to be used more on non match days

Edited by darra

13 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

13 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

Nuff said??

FFP
FFS

Interesting comment on that video. 

It can can easily be moved if necessary. 

Wonder if moving training grounds is something that Chansiri has looking into. If we find somewhere this can easily be moved while other works are being carried out. 

Sure it said 48 days from ordering to being complete. If that’s the case, sure it could be moved during the summer months. 

7 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

I see you’re easily impressed. Go and have a look at Derby, Boro or BHA and see what a proper training ground/academy looks like. 

Not easily impressed at all. But that looks an awfully long way from being a bunch of "shitty shipping containers"..  Pre Fab mobile units maybe; possibly designed that way in case we do have to move them to a new training ground. But most certainly NOT "shitty shipping containers".

P'n'S

FFP
FFS