Fans forum

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

Fortunately the ones I attended were in slightly calmer seas, I asked about the Club 1867 scheme and why cheaper options weren’t available to take away the stigma that led to it being a failure, I asked why part season tickets could not be purchased ie bundles of ten games etc this was actually carried out this season but not sure how it fared. I’ve questioned the pricing of merchandise and the increase in the members card cost to £90 - this was later reduced. There were a few more trivial ones but the ones above were fairly key at the time of asking.

At the moment I’d probably be interested to know what the short and long term plans are and has relegation been factored in.

Which forum was that at?

I know for a fact it wasn't you who raised membership prices at the August meeting.

6 minutes ago, Vernster said:

I think Chansari as got a proper ‘pair ‘ to be prepared to sit and listen to some of the claptrap i’ve Just read through in the last 14 pages . 

‘Fans ‘ and I’m not sure many who contribute to this forum actually go to the matches ( judging by the amount of moaning on here when a game is actually been played ) need to be careful what we wish for . 

Hes a chairman given the right guidance and encouragement whose funding can take us to the Premier  ,keep us there , and be just as successful as Bournemouth , Everton ,  Leicester . To go beyond them clubs would take massive investment. 

If we wee wee him off to much , and if he was to read this forum , I for one in his position would just walk away . Leaving us literally up poo creak , in administration , and following the path Portsmouth , Coventry , and quite a few others have took .

Thing is he wont listen, to anything. If we know anything, its his way or the highway. 

You make a good point of what I like to call the apocalypse scenario. He walks, thats us done. However rightly or wrongly, through his chairmanship he put us there. (we all, (mostly) went along with it at the time as well). 

Lets see what happens, personally all I want to know is, whats the plan and direction. 

However, I see nothing positive coming from this meeting. I could be wrong and will be massively happy if I am. 

28 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You can pretend to fit if they are the flashin' ones mate....Get the tree out...test the lights...thrash about on the floor...you'll be in bed in ten minutes....

Unlike our lass who ALWAYS accuses me of peekin' up the dress of the Christmas fairy..I never used to...but since she accused me of it in 1998...I inadvertantly have done for 20 years...

Just got back and read this Andy. Pishing myself laughing. lol

Wish we’d got a fairy. Would love to stick the top of the tree up her chuff but unfortunately we have a bloody great big star.

Nearly fell off the bloody step ladders mind. 8 feet chuffing tall it is. Suffering with vertack, vurtago vertigg  I get dizzy with heights.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Vernster said:

I think Chansari as got a proper ‘pair ‘ to be prepared to sit and listen to some of the claptrap i’ve Just read through in the last 14 pages . 

‘Fans ‘ and I’m not sure many who contribute to this forum actually go to the matches ( judging by the amount of moaning on here when a game is actually been played ) need to be careful what we wish for . 

Hes a chairman given the right guidance and encouragement whose funding can take us to the Premier  ,keep us there , and be just as successful as Bournemouth , Everton ,  Leicester . To go beyond them clubs would take massive investment. 

If we wee wee him off to much , and if he was to read this forum , I for one in his position would just walk away . Leaving us literally up poo creak , in administration , and following the path Portsmouth , Coventry , and quite a few others have took .

Don't forget Leicester, Palace, Chelsea, 'Boro, Leeds ......I've had a season ticket since the 70's mate...I say what I see

Just now, theowlsman said:

Just got back and read this Andy. Pishing myself laughing. lol

Wish we’d got a fairy. Would love to stick the top of the tree up her chuff but unfortunately we have a bloody great big star.

Nearly fell off the bloody step ladders mind. 8 feet chuffing tall it is. Suffering with vertack, vurtago vertigg  I get dizzy with heights.

I'll send you an Xmas photo mate....(Don't tell the wife)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I will be setting up a Crowdfunding page to pay for flights and hotel for me and the kids to attend this event and unfortunately there are no return flights until the 2 January but I'm sure the Wednesday Family will help us out.  Will post link shortly but thinking about staying in a Privilege Suite in St Pauls which someone suggested but not sure if they're any good?

Thanks WAWAW

Leave this with me Bertie 

I have a good contact /friend who's" Big "up the Food chain at Accor Hotels 

Theyve got an "annexe" suite overlooking the Peace Gardens .

Zarkov the pot washer won't let you n the kiddies down ...

rundown-dirty-old-caravan-260nw-412532041.jpg

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

There's another..more mundane scenario.

We stay up.. clear some debt and go again with some blooded youngsters next year.

People really need to calm down - This right here is the most likely scenario of them all, and one that we must accept as "the plan". We don't need to go to a fans forum and cry like babies to realise that we went for it, we failed, we now have to suck it up for a couple of years before we have another go. Bloody hell, we've been in far worse places than this in recent times

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

My mate sent a link but The Copthorne is fully booked.

• Haha 3

Like him or loathe him, he just can't win. He is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. No I'm not a DC supporter but I can just see the explanation he gives if JL was sacked before this forum takes place. 'To the vast majority of Owlstalkers, you got your wish, I sacked your manager. What do you propose I do now as I cant spend another penny without serious sanctions on this club' Ive tried numerous managers and they have all stuck two fingers up to me'. 'But you wanted the manager gone. As I'm shi* at running a football club, and your site (Owlstalk) is full of people in the know, where do I get a decent manager from.  Replies on a post card. Thanks DC, your caring chairman. 

34 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I think it's because you back heeled it on the half volley that pìssed him off .

lol

Lobbed the keeper to be honest. Bounced once, then over his head into the net. I was under pressure at the time with someone thundering towards me, I was playing at right back. No bugger dropped into space for me to pass it to them, so it was hooked back to our keeper Stan, who was wasn’t paying attention.

To be fair, several years later, playing for Gatefield at Green Oak Park, I scored one similar in the right net, from the half way line, as part of a double. Scored the other with a header in the 6 yard box. Howard would’ve been proud lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Somni Jennings said:

People really need to calm down - This right here is the most likely scenario of them all, and one that we must accept as "the plan". We don't need to go to a fans forum and cry like babies to realise that we went for it, we failed, we now have to suck it up for a couple of years before we have another go. Bloody hell, we've been in far worse places than this in recent times

Bore off you sensible git.

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

This is snooty's real gaff..itk.

• Haha 7

Just now, theowlsman said:

Lobbed the keeper to be honest. Bounced once, then over his head into the net. I was under pressure at the time with someone thundering towards me, I was playing at right back. No bugger dropped into space for me to pass it to them, so it was hooked back to our keeper Stan, who was wasn’t paying attention.

To be fair, several years later, playing for Gatefield at Green Oak Park, I scored one similar in the right net, from the half way line, as part of a double. Scored the other with a header in the 6 yard box. Howard would’ve been proud lol

You sound like perfect defence coach material Simon ..

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Only cos Alexander didn't have the patience mate..probably an Owls fan, asked to be patient for 20 years...

"F.ook this I'll get me sword out!"

I was thinking that Alexander didn't bother trying to unravel an impossible situation that he couldn't possibly know all the ins and outs of.  He had better things to do with his time..... than say for example post on football forums.