Fans forum

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Fortunately the ones I attended were in slightly calmer seas, I asked about the Club 1867 scheme and why cheaper options weren’t available to take away the stigma that led to it being a failure, I asked why part season tickets could not be purchased ie bundles of ten games etc this was actually carried out this season but not sure how it fared. I’ve questioned the pricing of merchandise and the increase in the members card cost to £90 - this was later reduced. There were a few more trivial ones but the ones above were fairly key at the time of asking.

At the moment I’d probably be interested to know what the short and long term plans are and has relegation been factored in.

And where can I find the evidence of that?

See its easy mate to accuse someone of being a "keyboard warrior" when you don't actually know him.

When you say

"Ive questioned the pricing of merchandise etc"

On here...at the meeting...?

Yea Ive plenty to say on here...I would..and have said the same to Wednesday Chairmen...

So don't presume every f.ooker hasn't got the backbone to back up what they type out..

This is a football forum..Football fans post, they have opinions...They don't have to trip down and bloody knock on the Chairmans door to make their questions valid..They are ALL valid...and any chairman that simply ignores it, is on the rocky road to f.ook off.

Why do you think this meeting has been called..after months of bloody apathy and silence?

Cos folk have posted on forums like this...Thats why....and thats how it should be

Just now, Rogers said:

I also have the feeling that he’ll say...he’s listened to fans and it’s obvious they don’t want him and he’s actively looking for buyers. 

We will be owned by a Chinese person I predict

That narrows it down. 

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

It was hard not to like the bloke..Our lass was enamoured..I ended up the f.ookin' enemy that particular night...

She was working nights...I sort of dropped it on her..like

"Morning dear (It was afternoon cos she had just got offa a night shift and was going on another)

Ive had a bit of a spat on the old Wednesday forum"

"That makes a change"

"yea but its sorta escalated into a Chairman sorta spat""

"Lee Strafford is suing you isn't he"

"I dunno...but I could ask him..He'll be at ours at 7pm"

She went ape....

Anyhow..He came....He talked to her for the first bloody hour about the Health service...as she went out she said to me

"What a lovely bloke...Don't be a tw *t!"

Thats Lee all over.

I fortunately got to see behind the scenes at that time from both sides of the fence.

I can see how he rubbed some people up the wrong way, but it was only ever out of a genuine love of the club and appreciation of people and community from what I experienced. There were a few bouts of apparent paranoia, but that was natural considering the crap going on behind the scenes and around the club that most wont ever know about.

Lee could possibly have been the best Chairman we ever had but circumstances didn’t allow at that time for better or worse. I absolutely believe that the Milan Manadric takeover would never have happened with Lee’s earlier involvement (and Nick Parker too, for different reasons).

He’s a good man too. Even to this day he’ll call every so often and we’ll catch up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

I also have the feeling that he’ll say...he’s listened to fans and it’s obvious they don’t want him and he’s actively looking for buyers. 

If he does leave, we need a Chansiri day. 

Anyone would have to be a greed fueled disgusting rat of a person, if they don't believe Chansiri hasn't busted a gut to push us as high as we could go.

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

And where can I find the evidence of that?

See its easy mate to accuse someone of being a "keyboard warrior" when you don't actually know him.

When you say

"Ive questioned the pricing of merchandise etc"

On here...at the meeting...?

Yea Ive plenty to say on here...I would..and have said the same to Wednesday Chairmen...

So don't presume every f.ooker hasn't got the backbone to back up what they type out..

This is a football forum..Football fans post, they have opinions...They don't have to trip down and bloody knock on the Chairmans door to make their questions valid..They are ALL valid...and any chairman that simply ignores it, is on the rocky road to f.ook off.

Why do you think this meeting has been called..after months of bloody apathy and silence?

Cos folk have posted on forums like this...Thats why....and thats how it should be

Dont think I accused anyone of being a keyboard warrior I just said there’s people on here wanting transparency and answers, well nows they’re chance.

Edited by toppOwl
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

If indeed one day DC does decide to sell I can’t see him wanting the best for us and making sure the buyer has the best intentions of the club at heart. I reckon he will just want out and sell us to any bugger. 

In fairness, Milan told us that he wanted to ensure that he sold us to someone that would take care of the club. First he nearly had us away to Mammadov before Chansiri came along.

5 minutes ago, Rogers said:

You’ve decided not only that Mr C is leaving, but that we’ll have a Chinese owner?

That gives me an idea for a new thread. Guess the nationality of our next owner.

lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

Thats Lee all over.

I fortunately got to see behind the scenes at that time from both sides of the fence.

I can see how he rubbed some people up the wrong way, but it was only ever out of a genuine love of the club and appreciation of people and community from what I experienced. There were a few bouts of apparent paranoia, but that was natural considering the crap going on behind the scenes and around the club that most wont ever know about.

Lee could possibly have been the best Chairman we ever had but circumstances didn’t allow at that time for better or worse. I absolutely believe that the Milan Manadric takeover would never have happened with Lee’s earlier involvement (and Nick Parker too, for different reasons).

He’s a good man too. Even to this day he’ll call every so often and we’ll catch up.

Unfortunately Lee didn't have any money to put into the club and that was always going to be the problem which he admitted before he went into the club. He is a good man and had a lot more nounce of how to run a football club about him than the current incumberment. First thing he did was get rid of KW who was a virus to the club. 

5 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

In fairness, Milan told us that he wanted to ensure that he sold us to someone that would take care of the club. First he nearly had us away to Mammadov before Chansiri came along.

I think MM would have sold us to anybody who came up with the asking price irrelevant of their background and intentions.

10 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Dont think I accused anyone of being a keyboard warrior I just said there’s people on here wanting transparency and answers, well nows they’re chance.

Massive waste of time then ..

They just text or ring me I tell them what I know they tell me what they know 

That's what ex players do Topps....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

You honestly think..."THis is their chance" ?

It isn't 

Its orchestrated...The same way the bloody "Survey" was orchestrated...The same way we were not told about the "Embargo" until after it was lifted was orchestrated...Its not transparancy..Its smoke and mirrors...

How do you think this next one will turn out?

Wednesday fans post some abject crap on here...I'll admit it....But they also post genuine concerns....concerns that could be addressed either on here..or a forum like it...Or in a press release...They aren't..

So it leads to wilder and wilder conjecture...spurious speculation..Cos fans have f.ook all else to go on.

Why not address rthese concerns in an open , regulated forum?

I'll tell you why..Its because they can't lead the agenda...They can't vet the questions..They ask for hands up...and then if its a difficult question...dodge it and then say hands up again....Its bloody pointless

• Thanks 1

Anybody stupid enough to attend this sh*tshow is puddled - same old sh*te peddled by the clueless one and the idiots attending fawn all over him and lap it up!

Clap clap clap

I'd seriously accept watching us in Lg2 than have this idiot in charge ... Take what you can from  the club to offset your losses DC and kindly fk off back to Bangkok

12 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

There were a few bouts of apparent paranoia, but that was natural considering the crap going on behind the scenes and around the club that most wont ever know about.

Maybe in 20 years when the care home crew have all popped their clogs and we’re all still posting the same cràp on here you can serialise those days???

• Haha 1