The bigger picture - Conspiracy theories...

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No what he is saying just does make any sense. He tells everyone he has no experience. But in his first transfer window he builds a team that gets to the play-offs then in his next 5 transfer windows he buys players the fans want, buy a lot of useless players including the guy who played just 27 minutes of football the whole season (Urby)

So how did he get that first season transfer window so right and all the rest wrong if it was the same people buying the players as he tell us.

Look at it with a clear view a teams makes 80-90% good signing at a time when a committee is involved, that committee is disbanded and from that point onwards the club makes 80-90% crap signing is that bad luck or more likely.........

He blames CC for all of the rubbish signing but the in the next interview say CC is the coach and has nothing to do with signing players.

I've already said - Doyen were behind the first seasons signings, CC the second.

Never seen him blame CC for the signings, he said CC wasn't involved with contracts, theres a difference.

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I've already said - Doyen were behind the first seasons signings, CC the second.

Never seen him blame CC for the signings, he said CC wasn't involved with contracts, theres a difference.

Doyes sign Doyes players that is where Joao and Matias probably came from, but I just don't see then one a cold Tuesday night watching a reserve match in South London checking up and a 5ft Scottish bloke who used to play for Villa. Or then signing a third choice right back at the same club in Hunt.

We will have to agree to disagree.

But I ask you if Carlos signed all of the players in the second and third season why when he went to Swansea did he not try to sign any of his players, as if the manager had hand picked all of these players as his he would have resigned some of them at his next club, but he signed none of them. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Doyes sign Doyes players that is where Joao and Matias probably came from, but I just don't see then one a cold Tuesday night watching a reserve match in South London checking up and a 5ft Scottish bloke who used to play for Villa. Or then signing a third choice right back at the same club in Hunt.

We will have to agree to disagree.

But I ask you if Carlos signed all of the players in the second and third season why when he went to Swansea did he not try to sign any of his players, as if the manager had hand picked all of these players as his he would have resigned some of them at his next club, but he signed none of them. 

Chansiri has not sold a player really of note since he's been here (not a plus in the bigger picture) CC left by MUTUAL AGREEMENT perhaps part of that agreement was not to poach players or he knew full well DC's reluctance to sell, take your pick.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

First full season of DC we get Pearson and Roeder in with a committee we sign Bannan, Fessi, Hunt, Pudil, Lopez, Matias, Joao we start the season and then get Hooper in later in that season other than Matias who has been injured all of the signing at the start of that season worked for the team and the club. With the work ethic installed by Gray together with good squad moral we get to the play off final.

Pearson left shortly into the season for Leeds and Roeder left around December 2015. 

If DC made all these signing and not the committee including Roeder and Pearson why from the first transfer window after Roeder left other than Reach the signing since then have been 90% poo , did DC just get lucky with the signing when he had no idea what he was doing 

OR

More Likely did Roeder and Pearson and the committee sign the players with DC just paying for them

Just one point on your whole ‘Pearson signed Bannan, Fessi, Hunt, Pudil, Lopez, Matias, Joao then left shortly into the season’ thing.

Adam Pearson joined the club on 20th April 2015 and left us on 12th May 2015. But of course you definitely don’t make things up.

Just now, toppOwl said:

Chansiri has not sold a player really of note since he's been here (not a plus in the bigger picture) CC left by MUTUAL AGREEMENT perhaps part of that agreement was not to poach players or he knew full well DC's reluctance to sell, take your pick.

Look we both have differing view, I see a pivotable moment in the football club when we went from signing good players to signing a lot of one last big pay day players, or foreign players looking for an easy ride. That time coinsided with a time when a few advisers had left the club.

The team when all fit was the team that finished the play off final bar Adam reach so you could rightly argue the recruitment for the last 4 transfer windows has been completely crap, the 2 windows since Carlos left we have only signed 1 player and two loans so who knows.

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Just one point on your whole ‘Pearson signed Bannan, Fessi, Hunt, Pudil, Lopez, Matias, Joao then left shortly into the season’ thing.

Adam Pearson joined the club on 20th April 2015 and left us on 12th May 2015. But of course you definitely don’t make things up.

I really think you don't read post and just see the bit you want to have a go at people read what I put and then come back to me.

Pearson and Roeder where the people named in the committee for players in that close season players were brought in for the start of the season, but don't let the facts worry you. Clearly you have your own agenda.

Edited by room0035

Just now, room0035 said:

I really think you don't read post and just see the bit yo want to have a go at people read what I put and then come back to me.

Pearson and Roeder where the people named in the committee for players in that close season players were brought in for the start of the season, but don't let the facts worry you. Clearly you have your own agenda.

FF came in at the end of August, Pearson departed in April.

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

No he told the truth and said Doyen were behind most of the signings first season and CC the second, what does he gain from lying?

DC
'During my first year, the committee was in-house, together with external advisors, but this system did not have the desired effect.
Almost all the recruitment was delivered by the head coach and external advisors.
As a result, the second formula was taken into the second year and continues to the present'.

Almost all...Mm

Not forgetting, the head coach was brought in by doyen

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I really think you don't read post and just see the bit you want to have a go at people read what I put and then come back to me.

Little tip - when you get something wrong, like demonstrably wrong, and everyone can see it, then it’s easier just to own your mistake and try to get things right in future.

But yeah, it’s definitely me not paying attention with some unspecified agenda rather than you just talking bolllocks.

Edited by Sonny
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Why not its from the horses mouth, yours is from your own imagination.

No the old addige, that actions speak loader than words.

If you believe everything DC says then can I ask what is your take on the below do you think the club under DC are honouring to his question to the fan base knowing that just a few months after this was sent out the club were placed under a transfer embargo. Are you telling me the embargo was a complete surprise and he club expect to continue to invest in the playing staff. An embargo that was not communicated to any fans of the club for over 3 months until the last week of the transfer window when fans broke the story 

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of investment.

B) Alternatively, would you prefer the club to build on the current level of investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.