Jos or Irvine

Alan Irvine was a disgrace. The way he clung on to his job waiting to be sacked as we crept nearer to relegation to the bottom division was horrific. Just standing on the touchline with arms folded, completely silent and stationary as the players didn't put any effort in whatsoever. 

Megson couldn't fail to improve our fortunes after him, it was like Sturrock following Turner. A real no lose job for a manager. 

Eustace. Irvine. Jos. Blimey.  I actually think there's a case for Turner in the sense I have rarely felt as miserable watching us - though in his defence. He'd inherited us at our worst time in 30 years. "Paul Smith is the best crosser in England after David Beckham".

This is like asking whether you would want Stephen Lennon or Nick Griffin as the Foreign Secretary

But to put this into perspective...

Jos has only signed Pelupessy, then Hector and Onomah on loan - in the championship.

Irvine brings in Soares and Nolan, putting us in a better position until we then only get a feeble 10 points from the last 11 matches seeing us deservedly go down

Then proceeds in the summer to bring in Weaver, Otsemobor, Coke, D Jones, Sedgwick, Teale, C Morrison, Heffernan and Neil Mellor on loan. Come January, he brings in Reda Johnson, Michael Morrison, Mark Reynolds and Gary Madine - yet performances throughout that season (bar Hartlepool away) were shocking under him. Who can ever forget Leyton Orient battering us on our own pitch yet we somehow managed to escape with the points. Then the amazing performances away at Exeter, home to 9 men Yeovil, being completely outplayed by Charlton and Huddersfield in successive games. 

It's a complete myth that people go on about Irvine having nowt to work with yet he bought in 15 players during his time. 15 players to play bizarre formations such as a 2-6-2 formation at home to Bournemouth in an undeserved 1-1 draw. He was a complete disaster in league effin one! Had it not been for Nicky Weaver and Megson bringing in Rob Jones and Danny Batth, we would have more than likely been relegated that season. Relegated with a far better squad and set of players than when we came down the first time. 

By far the worst manager we've ever had at the club! His football was dreadful, set up was awful and to counter the opposition because their right back was a good player - instead of going for it was typical Irvine. Father Jack Hackett would have been a far better appointment! Then again, I always believe the person that made the choice to hire Irvine was in a state that Father Hackett commonly found himself in! 

Rubbish Manager

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Eustace. Irvine. Jos. Blimey.  I actually think there's a case for Turner in the sense I have rarely felt as miserable watching us - though in his defence. He'd inherited us at our worst time in 30 years. "Paul Smith is the best crosser in England after David Beckham".

Also Europe in five years lol