15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We got good money for someone who wasn’t any better than Palmer Probably one of our better bits of transfer dealing

You reckon? Whatever people thought of Hunt, Palmer nor Baker aren’t even half as capable. I wouldn’t class £1.5 million as good money considering the daft amounts being chucked around nowadays, even in this league 

1 minute ago, Castleford Owl said:

You reckon? Whatever people thought of Hunt, Palmer nor Baker aren’t even half as capable. I wouldn’t class £1.5 million as good money considering the daft amounts being chucked around nowadays, even in this league 

Fair enough, opinions

I was at Blackburn yesterday and both right and left back are weak links.

I don’t like to slate Thorniley, Penney or Baker because they’re young lads making their way in the game (and Thorniley isn’t really a left back anyway and wasn’t getting much support in front of him).

Palmer is an experienced pro so there’s no excuse. He just isn’t good enough.

Surely Hutchinson or Boyd could do a job at full back and would be an improvement on what’s currently there 

Hunt was always a cut above palmer,that should be looking much clearer now to the doubters.

Thing I cant fathom is why JL persists with 3 CBs when we dont have enough quality between the three we have.We under invested in defence under CC,VA was poor business,hes no better than what we already had,and both those,Loovens and Lees cost us nowt,to boot we could have had Sasso on a free,and Venancio for peanuts and lost out on both and we still need an experienced keeper going foreward

3 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Hunt was always a cut above palmer,that should be looking much clearer now to the doubters.

Thing I cant fathom is why JL persists with 3 CBs when we dont have enough quality between the three we have.We under invested in defence under CC,VA was poor business,hes no better than what we already had,and both those,Loovens and Lees cost us nowt,to boot we could have had Sasso on a free,and Venancio for peanuts and lost out on both and we still need an experienced keeper going foreward

Venancio was a big miss, and I don’t know why we persist with a 3, not least because Lees always plays better in a 4 He does play better with Thorniley as his partner though. As for our full backs, Palmer and Penney are OK at this level, certainly no worse than Hunt

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

Problem is when we’ve played 3 at the back we’ve looked more solid defensively but we don’t have anyone good enough to play as a wing back with attacking quality. So it just ends up as a back 5.

And if we play 4 at the back we’re conceding a hatful

8 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Problem is when we’ve played 3 at the back we’ve looked more solid defensively but we don’t have anyone good enough to play as a wing back with attacking quality. So it just ends up as a back 5.

And if we play 4 at the back we’re conceding a hatful

This a million times over!

Wingbacks need to also provide some support to the midfield in winning the ball back when you dont have the ball, and ours dont.

Instead of us having palmer, joey, bannan and Penney all trying to win it back in midfield, it becomes just joey and bannan (if hes not run off up the pitch), as palmer and penney always drop in to make it a flat back 5.

This means teams walk through our non exiatent midfield, and our back 5 made up of 3 cbs and 2 converted midfielders into wingbcks, are simply just not good enough to deal with what comes next. 

Edited by OwlinOldham