Is Jos in a “no win” situation against the mini pigs

If Jos is still in charge for the Rovrum game then if we lose or draw, the lynch mob will out in force; if we win then it’s just a win against a team we’d be expected to beat. 

Is is there any way we can beat the Millers and Jos come out of it with credit? 

5 minutes ago, shandypants said:

If Jos is still in charge for the Rovrum game then if we lose or draw, the lynch mob will out in force; if we win then it’s just a win against a team we’d be expected to beat. 

I don't expect us to beat anybody at the moment - so yes, Jos must get some credit if we win, irrespective of his part in the victory.

14 minutes ago, shandypants said:

People shouldn’t look at a manager on a “game to game” basis - that has always been expoused by DJ Mortimer.

It isn’t my original thought - but his.

And, having read it over the years and been persuaded, I agree with him.

“If he loses - he has to go”. That is daft IMO.

Rotherham shouldn’t be make or break - you’ve/we’ve had enough time already to access his merit or failings.

Conversely a win shouldn’t make any difference either - ergo Megson and the Derby.

Someone should be judged over a period of time.

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally I will still want him out whatever the result. A win against a pi$$ poor team will do nothing to convince me otherwise. 

I think this is what the OP is alluding to. It is only possible to beat what is put in front of you and, when folk stop giving any credit whatsoever when victories occur, he's absolutely in a lose-lose situation.

• Thanks 1

It's gone too far now.

He's shown over the last 4 months that he hasn't a clue & has lost the fans & the dressing room.

No matter how positive the result is against Toytown he's plainly not the man for the job & needs to go.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

We will win 2-1 and Jos will buy a month. 

Mcgoldrick missing that penalty will cost us relegation. 

I agree.

But a win shouldn’t buy him a month, though.

If he’s rubbish, he’s rubbish.

I don’t really understand why it should all rest on one game - for better or worse,

5 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I agree.

But a win shouldn’t buy him a month, though.

If he’s rubbish, he’s rubbish.

I don’t really understand why it should all rest on one game - for better or worse,

Agree. When I hear the phrase ‘one more game’, it’s game over. Managers never recover from these positions. He’s lost the fans, and players. We need a dead cat bounce, and quick.