MEGSON as DOF?

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

you wanna see how many you'd have won with the bloke we've got, and in a division below too.

Maybe, I still don't think he's the one. Look at Pulis at Boro he bottled it the end of last season so needs to do it this year. If he doesn't, they'll need to sell players like Flint and Bamford. Back to Wednesday though if Jos goes I'd try for Appleton. Sorted Portsmouth out during their troubles, took Oxford Utd to league 1 after Chris Wilder left them in league 2's  relegation zone. When he was at our academy with Moore they brought through Kemar Roofe whose Leeds leading scorer? (Damn Pulis for selling him) 

3 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

Maybe, I still don't think he's the one. Look at Pulis at Boro he bottled it the end of last season so needs to do it this year. If he doesn't, they'll need to sell players like Flint and Bamford. Back to Wednesday though if Jos goes I'd try for Appleton. Sorted Portsmouth out during their troubles, took Oxford Utd to league 1 after Chris Wilder left them in league 2's  relegation zone. When he was at our academy with Moore they brought through Kemar Roofe whose Leeds leading scorer? (Damn Pulis for selling him) 

I’ve always thought he was a decent coach, but perhaps behind the scenes. Maybe if that’s all he’d be doing here, it could work

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’ve always thought he was a decent coach, but perhaps behind the scenes. Maybe if that’s all he’d be doing here, it could work

He's good at sorting things out. Perhaps not long term but just to sort you out. he worked last with Craig Shakesphere at the Foxes as a coach true. But he can work on a budget and tries to play decent stuff he would be kind of Ideal. who else Bruce perhaps too expensive at the moment. Pardew's useless. Shakesphere's still on GL. If you want an english manager, he be a decent shout

2 hours ago, dnhc said:

football thinks it has, that's because it's been fooled, otherwise how did colin get cardiff up with 5 bob and a blackies egg, whilst carlos had a staggering amount (for wednesday) and fall short?

we did really well getting shut of the last englishman to lift the title 'cos the fans we're fooled into wanting 'better football', and stoke really thrived after getting shut of the dinosaur pulis, and what's he doing now? nothing i bet, ooops!

Easy big fella, just my opinion ... Hate to say it but Colin's a far better manager than Megson ( tin hat on) .... Wilko and Pullis type of game doesn't work in modern football.... Why do you think Pullis isn't at Stoke anymore .... Ooooops !!!! 

On 02/12/2018 at 16:31, Baggiehy said:

He's good at sorting things out. Perhaps not long term but just to sort you out. he worked last with Craig Shakesphere at the Foxes as a coach true. But he can work on a budget and tries to play decent stuff he would be kind of Ideal. who else Bruce perhaps too expensive at the moment. Pardew's useless. Shakesphere's still on GL. If you want an english manager, he be a decent shout

**** 'decent stuff' we want clean sheets and goals scored, there's been enough ******* about.

22 hours ago, Ridgeback owl said:

Easy big fella, just my opinion ... Hate to say it but Colin's a far better manager than Megson ( tin hat on) .... Wilko and Pullis type of game doesn't work in modern football.... Why do you think Pullis isn't at Stoke anymore .... Ooooops !!!! 

colin IS true, but ain't available, and some of our 'support' would rather see us in the third division than him in charge i guess.

40 minutes ago, dnhc said:

**** 'decent stuff' we want clean sheets and goals scored, there's been enough ******* about.

Appleton did both at Portsmouth and Oxford with restrictive budgets if it HAS to an English manager I'd choose him because he takes troubled clubs and sorts them out as well When Wilder left Oxford they were about to go non league. He stabilized them and got them promoted. calm down it's only my opinion lol

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

The strange thing is that nobody knows what they do, including directors of football. lol

If it's Megson fights with the Chairman :biggrin:

Whilst I think just before post Carlos bailing out and  when bully was in charge  D. C sounded him out and spent 3/4 home games with Megson sitting with the chairman. 

I think there a bit chalk and cheese although an initial upturn in fortunes could happen, I doubt the two could work together long term. 

Though I've mentioned before someone like Megson in as director of football with a young, hungry coach like Heckingbottom to work together and help with his development could be ideal. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

colin IS true, but ain't available, and some of our 'support' would rather see us in the third division than him in charge i guess.

I don't think anyone wants to see us in the 3rd division but just because some people can see past or don't agree with the almost hysterical " get Mego back " call it doesn't mean we want to see the club sink. 

On 02/12/2018 at 18:11, Ridgeback owl said:

Would have to disagree on a fair bit of that. Subjectively, of course.

Colin has a pretty good cv for promoting sides. I suspect it’s down to his management in part and his oily schmoozing powers within club hierarchy. Whereas Gary Megson is, I suspect, a bit more of a direct honest broker and says it like it is hence his bristly character with owners, who are maybe a bit more reticent about appointing him???

Pulis (not a fan personally) isn’t doing too shabbily with Boro atm; even after Villa humped them at the weekend. He got as far as he could with Stoke on a relatively meagre budget against Prem clubs awash with investors, compare him also to Sparky etc and Alan PardonMe. Wilko, last English manager to win the top division title albeit 20 odd years ago. Can’t really say they don’t work. Howard was a steady hand on our board during choppy times.

Jos, has a bum deal at the minute, needs to work on his hand to be fair. God knows what the inner-political wheel is like inside Hillsborough other than the collective OT guesswork based on admittedly the odd kernel of fact.

etc.

... all this talk of managers, each club b is different it’s a bit of a roulette wheel for owners and a cash bonanza for the sacked coach cannon fodder on the managerial merry go round.

imho lol

Edited by F. Spiksley