Is Jos trying to get the sack ?

12 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

He won’t walk if he can get a pay off. Will be another ‘mutual decision taken in the best interests of the club’ at best!

He’s on record as saying he was ready to retire until he got the call about managing in England so being sacked and paid up and living out retirement in Germany or Holland is probably very attractive.

He's walked away on principle before and drives a VW golf so let's not make him out to be a money grabber without any evidence that he is.

He seems like a decent guy doing his best which clearly isn't good enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe it's not Jos trying to get the sack, maybe it's Chansiri trying to get relegation? 

Just a thought I have had. What if there are relegation release clauses in all of the players contracts? If they were to reduce the players wage by x% then that would save a bit and maybe force the high earners on? It's pure speculation of course and only my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Peacenocchio said:

At this stage of his career, he doesn't have to worry about the outcomes if he fails. 

Unfortunately the players and fans do. That's why it seems to me that the players have decided he's not gonna be there soon and are putting in 95 per cent. And that makes a MASSIVE difference.

When can we expect this improvement to 95% then.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Well ?

When he came he tightened things up , we were trying different things from free kicks and corners and played some good stuff 

Earlier this season the wins and performances away at Villa and Bristol convinced many that we could be dark horses for promotion 

We are now a million miles  away from those games and in free fall and Jos and his side kick just sit in the dug out in silence . 

I supported him early on based on the terrific job keeping us up  with a bare bones squad and kids

Joining the apologists here :rolleyes: 

It wouldn't surprise me at all that Jos had no idea how difficult this job was going to be  and did the powers that be let him in on the possibility of the ham stringing embargo

however now departing from said group of  ' it'll make no difference do nowts'   i cannot understand why we persist with the style of play that is in effect suicide passing across the back with a different defence almost every match  

his latest performances as manager have been virtual resignations  how on earth you can sit there like a rabbit in the headlights of relegation and not get up on that touchline and try to motivate or instruct I haven't a clue   how he is still there    'we can't afford to sack him'  we don't have to, just demote him promote a coach with the club  he's a proud man he'll walk 

Edited by steelowl

He’s here for the money in my opinion, he’s said himself he was going to retire. One last pay day on behalf of SWFC. Every week he gets paid is a bonus for him, he will inevitably go. Just with more money and in to distance never to be heard of again 

2 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

That's why it seems to me that the players have decided he's not gonna be there soon and are putting in 95 per cent. And that makes a MASSIVE difference.

If that's what "95 percent" looks like, we're as good as relegated no matter who replaces Jos!

lol

3 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

I doubt that it is a deliberate ploy but, on the flip side, I don't think he would give a flying feck if it happened. He appears an aloof character and has no real attachment to the club. 

Agree and the fact he said he'd retired before coming here, why not finish with a payout for being sacked.