Moyes Please

9 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Paul Hurst? Would be a massive risk and not one we could afford to lose. His heart would be in it and we should be able to afford him.

Would love for him to come here and succeed but agree would be a huge risk and not one we can afford right now.

Done well in the lower leagues but bombed at Ipswich. Tried to bring through too many lower league players and Ipswich now look like a lower league team.

Sure he would have learned from that, but not shown enough other than promise to support his case. Also, the fact he is applying for L1 & L2 jobs suggests he sees that as his level?

22 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I'll say this.

If the Chairman brings in another unemployed unknown Doyen pocket filler, all hell will break loose.

Yep

Alot of season ticket renewals (including mine) will depend on the next manager being a capable one 

Managers with the track record that Moyes has don’t need jobs like this. 

David Mcgoldrick is partly to blame for all this. Had he scored that penalty we’d have got (rightfully) thrashed, and Jos would have been sacked. Mick McCarthy would then have come in. 

What will happen next will be a ‘battling’ draw or tight win against Rotherham and he will buy another month. Mark my words. 

• Like 1

To be fair non of the usual suspects really inspire me - Moyes, Bruce, Megson McCarthy (before the Irish grabbed him) - but I think any of them would at least get us organised. I think Moyes would be the best bet, given our current state. Perhaps we have no money to spend, but we have alot of decent players at our club that just need sorting out.

Lot of people oblivious to our situation and it’s already going to make things difficult for any of the realistic candidates that get the job. We’re skint and any highlights in our thoroughly mediocre squad are likely to be sold. Lower your expectations - ‘we are crap and in a mess’ will not entice a good manager and there’s no hiding it.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Lot of people oblivious to our situation and it’s already going to make things difficult for any of the realistic candidates that get the job. We’re skint and any highlights in our thoroughly mediocre squad are likely to be sold. Lower your expectations - ‘we are crap and in a mess’ will not entice a good manager and there’s no hiding it.

This was covered in the “skint” thread.

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Leeds made ridiculous appointments then realised they needed a decent manager this season and it's worked. Take note DC pay for a proper manager please 

Top post mate. 

How Chansiri and Meire can look on and think the manager is doing a good job is beyond me. Chansiri paid millions for some of the players and we have lost 6/8 games. At least we are getting the attacking and entertaining football he wanted, played by the opposition 

1 hour ago, fatzooma said:

Who then?

Theresa May................does some great deals......once we get into Europe she'll make sure we never leave.........she'll say "Promotion means Promotion" whilst trying to get us relegated......will take on the other 27 managers and let them sH! t all over us.......will say this FFP doesn't stop us dealing with any club around the world.......

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, modboy said:

Leeds made ridiculous appointments then realised they needed a decent manager this season and it's worked. Take note DC pay for a proper manager please 

l**ds got in a proper manager, and spent very little.

we've got in wrong managers, and spent a king's ransom.

spot the difference?  

2 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

As above. Excellent career up until the Man Utd job (subsequently proved to be a poisoned chalice anyway) & was making inroads at West Ham until the Davids panicked & went for a “bigger” name.

Plays good football, organises a side & is used to working on a shoestring as demonstrated at Everton. The man needs to rebuild his career & we need to rebuild this club.

Won't happen. 

Our next manager will be a carbon copy of the last two , a left field recommendation from Doyen. 

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

As above. Excellent career up until the Man Utd job (subsequently proved to be a poisoned chalice anyway) & was making inroads at West Ham until the Davids panicked & went for a “bigger” name.

Plays good football, organises a side & is used to working on a shoestring as demonstrated at Everton. The man needs to rebuild his career & we need to rebuild this club.

Ah, the myth that Moyes spent next to nothing at Everton! Everton's "shoestring budget" is a bit different to ours. Moyes spent £5m+ (going up to £19m) on players 16 times including £9m on Bilyaletdinov (who?) and £8m on James Beattie. And if you think that's peanuts now, it wasn't now, it was 10-15 years ago.