Tom Lees

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I disagree about him looking solid last season, I felt even on our good run he looked the weak link even on th good run.  

He hasn’t been the same defender since loovens lost his legs. 

The work loovens did off the ball with his positioning and reading of the game took away a lot of what lees had to do. 

I just dont don’t think he was ever that good, he was decent at the side of a class defender. 

On a side note I bet loovens was some sight in his prime. Very underrated. 

Lees isn't captain material. He needs somebody else calling the shots beside him. 

Unfortunately we don't have that figure at the club

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I think Leeds had his measure tbh, he was average and still is.  As I have said my thoughts are he fell very lucky to play with someone of loovens ability and it made him look very good and got him to overperform past his ability. 

The state we are in he wont have that chance again because we can’t afford the player to carry him 

I feel Thorniley in future will step up as captain, but right now one the more experienced players needs to step up and take some responsibility. 

Personally I was hoping for either Bannan or Reach

I like Tom, however I would respectfully offer Bannan the captain's armband. I think Tom gets overwhelmed at being captain and struggles at his own game. Would pair him up with Thorniley, he's a good player I like as well think they'd do alright together.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

I feel for Thorniley, he looks to have what it takes but playing in this team atm must be doing him no good whatsoever. 

If we play it right, he will develop into a solid player for us. 

But right now, we're a team of individuals, underwhelming ones at that

9 hours ago, zico.b said:

3. Err, the rest of us season ticket holders, who recognise dog poo

Imagine a situation in your workplace. Where you have achieved the best results your company has achieved for years. Suddenly a new boss comes in and sacks a number of your close colleagues, and replaces them with people you judge not to be as good as your sacked friends. 

Would this endear you new bosses philosophy to you or motivate you to make it work. 

I know football is not the as other businesses, but the players are still human. 

9 hours ago, torres said:

I concentrated on his performance in the first half and apart from one good defensive header he looked so far off the pace it was painful 

Not once did he try and rally the team and he just looks like he’s really struggling with  his own game 

He’s been woeful most of this season and not great last. He was awesome under Gray, but Gray knew what he was doing with a limited squad.

it’s clear Jos simply doesn’t know how to organise the team properly.  Old pros like Looverns can help the manager out, but they’re gone or don’t play..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Bet he hasn’t got the balls to slag the fans off this week!

Never says a peep when the going gets tough. 

Tom Lees is fast becoming an issue IMO...his own performances have been poor and to top it off he’s now finger pointing towards the fans.

I just wish we had options in the squad, sadly we haven’t.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

The first goal sums Lees up great at the moment, he has the option of going to the ball or marking the runner. Our Tom does neither but instead let’s the runner slip behind him whilst ambling back letting the guy with ball advance on to our box and play pass into the runner. 

Just needed to pick one, and commit to it. Did neither and that sums him up, constantly caught in two minds and not decisive enough. 

Never a captain, barely a defender! 

Totally agree with everything 

4 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

I disagree about him looking solid last season, I felt even on our good run he looked the weak link even on th good run.  

He hasn’t been the same defender since loovens lost his legs. 

The work loovens did off the ball with his positioning and reading of the game took away a lot of what lees had to do. 

I just dont don’t think he was ever that good, he was decent at the side of a class defender. 

On a side note I bet loovens was some sight in his prime. Very underrated. 

Loovens oozed class. In his prime was a league above Tom Lees. Sadly it seems Lees has swallowed his early hype and gone back to the player Leeds gave a free transfer.

16 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Bet he hasn’t got the balls to slag the fans off this week!

Never says a peep when the going gets tough. 

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Yet again he was p**s poor yesterday, most overrated player at Hillsborough and certainly not captain material.

Like I said in my post yesterday,lees is without a doubt the worse captain of Sheffield Wednesday I've ever seen.

he doesn't lead or bark orders or go ape 5h1t on the pitch.

He's been absolutely dogger this season and frankly a embassment.

we're seeing why Leeds got rid.

over 200 championship appearances and he plays like he's never seen a football before

17 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

This is not all about our defensive frailties. Attacking wise we are woeful, and we invite pressure on the defence.

Adam Reach attacks on the right wing, and shoots as there is no support.

Blackburn are defending five versus three. (And I am being generous at three)

Once again there is no one in the box.

Don't criticise the players, criticise the tactics, or lack of them.

Spot the Support III.png

The players should be criticesed for this. Dawson starts an attack by clearing to Forestieri and Reach is the only player to catchup and make a run past him. Nuhiu, Joao and Pelupessy were jogging out of the defence when they should of been able to keep up as 8 Blackburns players had got back to their own half when Forestieri had the ball but only Reach and Bannan actually made an attacking effort.  

1 hour ago, flo said:

The players should be criticesed for this. Dawson starts an attack by clearing to Forestieri and Reach is the only player to catchup and make a run past him. Nuhiu, Joao and Pelupessy were jogging out of the defence when they should of been able to keep up as 8 Blackburns players had got back to their own half when Forestieri had the ball but only Reach and Bannan actually made an attacking effort.  

Well between the players and Jos yesterday wasn't acceptable, but these problems have been going on for three months now.

Jos is / was there to ensure the players don't repeat the same mistakes. What ever he has been doing isn't working, and from what I've seen its tactical.

-Playing too deep

-Playing too much in front of our own back four

-Not closing down or putting the opposition under pressure.

These are just three problems which he clearly doesn't have an answer for, and I think he's actually the cause of the problem as from what I've seen, that's his style of football.

Guest Bulgaria
14 hours ago, james o connor said:

I thought lees was worth 20 million though like Hutchinson and super nando 

And he is better than Maguire!!!

As time goes on ... You realise more and more that Loovens was absolutely critical and instrumental in our back line

There were some jokers and there were quite a few that actually slagged him off loads too

Venancio was good as well. You could see he had all the hallmarks of a captain .. what a shambles missing out on him

Lees has gone backwards last couple of seasons