Tom Lees

I concentrated on his performance in the first half and apart from one good defensive header he looked so far off the pace it was painful 

Not once did he try and rally the team and he just looks like he’s really struggling with  his own game 

image.png.db3c92281a15da7f082b858fa976cf3a.png

I know I posted this picture in a previous thread, but just to reiterate... the orange line shows the four central defensive players we have on the pitch. Between them they are meant to arrange themselves in such a way that limits the opposition's attack and covers as much width and depth of the pitch between the fullbacks as they can. That is how they positionally ended up trying to defend against Blackburn's front 4. 

What. The. Actual. Hell. Hector in a race to the penalty spot, Lees on a race to the left corner flag, Pelupessy on a morning jog.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I know I posted this picture in a previous thread, but just to reiterate... the orange line shows the four central defensive players we have on the pitch. Between them they are meant to arrange themselves in such a way that limits the opposition's attack and covers as much width and depth of the pitch between the fullbacks as they can. That is how they positionally ended up trying to defend against Blackburn's front 4. 

What. The. Actual. Hell. Hector in a race to the penalty spot, Lees on a race to the left corner flag, Pelupessy on a morning jog.

They haven't got a clue defensively unless we have a flat eight behind the ball

This is not all about our defensive frailties. Attacking wise we are woeful, and we invite pressure on the defence.

Adam Reach attacks on the right wing, and shoots as there is no support.

Blackburn are defending five versus three. (And I am being generous at three)

Once again there is no one in the box.

Don't criticise the players, criticise the tactics, or lack of them.

Spot the Support III.png

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This is incredible. 

27 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Bloke has never been captain material. Gone to pot now Loovens isn’t holding his hand in games. 

Said it a few times, lees is a sheep not a sheppard, nowhere near as good without loovens or venancio alongside him, once again it comes back to the chairman and hindsight, we should have sold while his stock was high and replaced, but as usual it's the Wednesday way wait for them to go for peanuts or nothing. 

He’s the biggest victim of JL’s constant tinkering. His confidence is shot to sh*t and he doesn’t look like he knows what’s going off from one week to the next

A far cry from a player who I never saw have a bad game for 3 years

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I thought the orange line was where Bannan passed in his usual free kick style. Barry Backpass. 

Not got a flipping clue some of those players. No leader. No bolloxs. No fight. No aggression. No intelligence. No nous.

flipping crap. Hector, Palmer, lees and pussay were at fault for all goals. Not switched on, run ragged, all over the place

Embarrassment

They want docking a weeks wages for that horror show

8 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

That's an actual disgrace. I have no words for that and both Jos and the players need to take a long hard look at themselves. If you're not gonna give 100% then bugger off.

Its the least we deserve

The first goal sums Lees up great at the moment, he has the option of going to the ball or marking the runner. Our Tom does neither but instead let’s the runner slip behind him whilst ambling back letting the guy with ball advance on to our box and play pass into the runner. 

Just needed to pick one, and commit to it. Did neither and that sums him up, constantly caught in two minds and not decisive enough. 

Never a captain, barely a defender! 

• Like 1

I'm one of Loovens biggest fan's and yes he made Lees probably look better than he is but last season under the same manager playing in the middle of a back 3 he looked solid with Venancio and Pudil either side of him as they both talk and he needs a talker alongside him, Hector to me is the same needs an organiser alongside him to make him simply defend.