2 rumours from the pub in blackburn

2 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

He was a player manager he was a great player awful manager back then now it’s the opposite way around good manager and has trouble standing up Players after rolling down the tunnel at half time full :duntmatter:time and at the start of the game

I didn't realise Bruce was ginger

garymegson

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Villa won 1 in 6 since the OP too.

Despite a lot of comments about how superior Smith is / how much we missed out on Smith it Would be interesting to see his performance vs Bruce now.

Yeah, it's interesting. Dean Smith has never taken up a job as big as that and it could come back to bite them in the end.

They could very much end up having their very own careful what you wish for scenario.

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Just looked it up:

Smith:

14 games - W6, D5, L3 - PPG 1.64

Bruce

13 games - W4, D6, L3 - PPG 1.30

Fairly significant still...about 15 points over a season. 

Let’s see how Smith continues now he’s out of the honeymoon period

Always difficult to compare managers performances. For example, it’s noted that the losing playoff finalists tend to have a slow start to the following season, we did under Carlos until October/November time. Then we became the 3rd best team in the league on form for the rest of that season. Who’s to say that Villa under Bruce wouldn’t have recovered too as we did under Carlos?

Plus I see Villa fans moan that they have 5 right backs and only one centre back etc, but I’m sure Bruce would have rectified that in January. He’s not a mad hatter manager like Jos Luhukay. 

Maybe Smith will turn out to be a better manager than Bruce. But the ex-players and current players who talk about Bruce say he’s a very good manager and coach and one they wanted to play for. In our situation right now, I’d say that is a good person to have in charge 

Edited by Owls-Fan

14 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

He was a player manager he was a great player awful manager back then now it’s the opposite way around good manager and has trouble standing up Players after rolling down the tunnel at half time full :duntmatter:time and at the start of the game

I dont think he was an awful Manager at Sheff United. Was just an average mid table season for the year he was there.

• Haha 1