Send For Him

8 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

All I know is I had more fun watching us compete every week and win most weeks than I do watching Jos’s dross. I admit that long throw ins and no frills football isn’t always exciting but the resulting chances, goals and opportunities created get fans out of their seats.

I’m also old enough to remember the days under Sgt Wilko. Same style of play as Megson but it’s funny how you remember with great fondness the wins and the goals and not the build up play that lead to them.....

It takes a second to score a goal, and that's all people remember. Just likes Joao's strike yesterday, you don't get any extra points for the number of  consecutive passes you put together before you strike the ball, not that we are any good at passing anymore now the positional sense of the team is shot to pieces.

I loved the Wednesday team under Big Ron and Tricky Trev, but that was built on the remains of Wilko's established First Division Wednesday team, it was also a completely different era where we were doing something different to most of the rest of the league.

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

It takes a second to score a goal, and that's all people remember. Just likes Joao's strike yesterday, you don't get any extra points for the number of  consecutive passes you put together before you strike the ball, not that we are any good at passing anymore now the positional sense of the team is shot to pieces.

I loved the Wednesday team under Big Ron and Tricky Trev, but that was built on the remains of Wilko's established First Division Wednesday team, it was also a completely different era where we were doing something different to most of the rest of the league.

Would love it if someday, somehow we could replicate the days under Big Ron and Tricky. They were shrewd enough to find the right gameplan to get the best out of he likes of Waddle, Sheridan, Wilson, Nilsson, Worthington, Warhurst, Hirst et al 

However, while we’re stuck with the likes of Joey, Big Dave, Palmer and Pudl and lacking the financial wherewithal to change much in the short term I’ll take Wikos way over Jos’ dross every day of the week 

On 01/12/2018 at 18:58, debram said:

m lord, ive had several bishops fingers and getting confused, think i need some more then i will be in fantasy land, please excuse my ignorance but i need some pleasure from today, however i did get a boost around 2.30 pm today.

WTF:

16 hours ago, robowl4life said:

I’ll keep an eye out up Greno woods for his gingerness. There’s a few other blokes up here too, I’m assuming they’re waiting for Meggo as well...

garymegson

There are better things to do in Greno Woods than look for Megson 

:stuwinky:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Let me make my position clear.

No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No.

I think that about covers it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What this man said 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

There are better things to do in Greno Woods than look for Megson 

:stuwinky:

Don’t know what you’re on about... seems quite busy though for some reason... lots of cars with flashing headlights... one car was literally bouncing, I’m guessing they were just over excited that Meggo could be back up here....

lolgarymegson

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, robowl4life said:

Don’t know what you’re on about... seems quite busy though for some reason... lots of cars with flashing headlights... one car was literally bouncing, I’m guessing they were just over excited that Meggo could be back up here....

lolgarymegson

Funnily enough, ive never heard his name mentioned once up there.  

On 01/12/2018 at 20:06, s6 owl said:

Megson did a hell of a lot of good for us more than people want to realise. 

We aren't a top team in this division anymore we are now amongst the worst, people need to accept that the likes of Jokanovic will not be managing Wednesday in the near future. 

We can't do the basics how can a team who can't do the basics be good enough to play an expansive easy on the eye style of football that leads to a promotion push? which is what the likes of Jokanovic will want? 95% of our players are utter trash with a weak mentality to go along with it.

and if Megson played atrocious football i'd like to know what you think of the football CC and JL have churned out?

Interesting you have avoided my point about players putting in a shift. Getting in someone who will get everyone running around like headless chickens won't hide the fact many of our players aren't Championship quality.

I have never called for Jokanovic to be appointed.

I am fully aware that outside 3-4 players our squad is poor. 

Let's be honest though. People don't want Megson because he is a decent manger they want him for the nostalgia.

If he didn't have the connections to the club he does and someone decided to throw his name into the mix of Jos' replacement the negs would be approaching triple digits.

Why don't we look forward and not backwards?

That last sentence is ridiculous considering the first season under Carlos saw the best football the club has played in a decade and a half.

23 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Define “atrocious” football? Megson plays direct football. Megson plays pragmatic football. When he managed us he played winning football where everyone had a job, understood their job, in the main executed their job and usually with positive results. Granted it isn’t pleasing on the eye and can be frustrating when it doesn’t come off. 

Methinks you Sir are a football snob

Football that doesn't cause serious strain on your neck.:stuwinky:

Edited by Yoshihiro Sunbeam

2 hours ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

Interesting you have avoided my point about players putting in a shift. Getting in someone who will get everyone running around like headless chickens won't hide the fact many of our players aren't Championship quality.

Let's be honest though. People don't want Megson because he is a decent manger they want him for the nostalgia.

If he didn't have the connections to the club he does and someone decided to throw his name into the mix of Jos' replacement the negs would be approaching triple digits.

That last sentence is ridiculous considering the first season under Carlos saw the best football the club has played in a decade and a half.

8d33c95244dbb38a02b767e9713fb6df.jpg.3ea74a1c1bdb29c19cbdb0c927df1da4.jpg

Owls flying high are a hell of a sight,

So come down to Hillsborough and we'll show you why.....

garymegson

8 hours ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

Right now looking forward isn't a nice place to look.

• Haha 1