Send For Him

Let me make my position clear.

No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No.

I think that about covers it.

1 hour ago, owlmanc said:

He signed some good players including Jones (great captain), Semedo, Prutton, ogrady and Bywater... also shipped out Potter, Teale, Miller....

Yeah he did, which was just what we needed at the time.

However, in our current predicament, he'd most likely be stuck with what we've got until the end of the season...a situation in which he previously did worse than Alan Irvine.

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah he did, which was just what we needed at the time.

However, in our current predicament, he'd most likely be stuck with what we've got until the end of the season...a situation in which he previously did worse than Alan Irvine.

I think he could work with these players. There’s the loan market to fill some gaps. We lack desire and drive to succeed. I don’t think we have awful players I just think they lack leadership on and off the pitch 

1 hour ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Let me make my position clear.

No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No.

I think that about covers it.

One of them optical illusions:

No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  Yes No No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No 

garymegson

1 minute ago, owlmanc said:

I think he could work with these players. There’s the loan market to fill some gaps. We lack desire and drive to succeed. I don’t think we have awful players I just think they lack leadership on and off the pitch 

It's all just speculation, but I'm afraid I wouldn't share your confidence.

I could see him wanting to oversee the kind of sea change we're not able to afford right now, and overseeing a similar slide down the table to the start of his previous tenure whilst he struggles to work with our existing squad. I doubt he'd be enamoured with our fullback options for starters.

Ultimately, I doubt we'll ever get to know which of our predictions is the more accurate anyway.

15 hours ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Finally. A proper Owlstalk thread. 

The Ginger Genius must return. 

It it is HIS time. 

A proper Wednesday man to lead us upwards. 

Get ready for garymegson

Just got back from Church after my daily Divine Intervention sermon. THE MESSAH HAS SPOKEN!!!!!

garymegsongarymegsongarymegson

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, brixowl said:

Megson has done nothing recently - he's well past it.

I see where you’re coming from. He’s been out of the game a while and the game moves on quickly. However he’s 59 so hardly past it....

Plus

He cares

He’s one of our own

He knows what it means to be Wednesday and leaves the players in no doubt either

He has a defined style of play

He is a communicator

He is a leader

His recruitment last time was excellent.

He knows the English game

He’d (probably) want the job

Things we’re not getting from Jos

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

They lack BELIEF

Fortunately we have Fletcher, Bannan, João and Reach who still have some self belief remaining.

Megson can get us back on track

garymegson

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

They lack BELIEF

Fortunately we have Fletcher, Bannan, João and Reach who still have some self belief remaining.

Megson can get us back on track

garymegson

We have players up top that can hold the ball up and bring players like reach, nando and bannan into play. 

6 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

We have players up top that can hold the ball up and bring players like reach, nando and bannan into play. 

Exactly. We've got the players, but they are being asked to repeat the same mistakes week in week out. And not surprisingly we get the same result.

A wise man once said the definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting to get a different result. 

40 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

One of them optical illusions:

No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  Yes No No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No 

garymegson

Well it's a YES from me

garymegson

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

What is this bigger picture?

We have fans moaning left right and centre about us playing terrible football whilst paying ridiculous money.

The guy who created this thread said 'When you've really had enough and sick of watching guff'

Yet supporters are calling for the return of a relic, who plays atrocious football.:picnic:

The line 'Meggo will get them to put in a shift' keeps getting reeled out.

Do you know who puts in a shift every game?

Joey Pelupessy, yet he is the current whipping boy amongst fans.

If/when Jos goes, we can do better than Megson.

I don't like to quote CW, but occasionally he speaks some sense. "There is only one style of football which is acceptable: Winning", something which I'm sure HE agrees with. In fact I think CW must have read HIS book

garymegson

On 01/12/2018 at 19:50, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

Yet supporters are calling for the return of a relic, who plays atrocious football.:picnic:

Define “atrocious” football? Megson plays direct football. Megson plays pragmatic football. When he managed us he played winning football where everyone had a job, understood their job, in the main executed their job and usually with positive results. Granted it isn’t pleasing on the eye and can be frustrating when it doesn’t come off. 

Methinks you Sir are a football snob

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Define “atrocious” football? Megson plays direct football. Megson plays pragmatic football. When he managed us he played winning football where everyone had a job, understood their job, in the main executed their job and usually with positive results. Granted it isn’t pleasing on the eye and can be frustrating when it doesn’t come off. 

Methinks you Sir are a football snob

HE will have us playing winning football, which is the only style worth playing

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

HE will have us playing winning football, which is the only style worth playing

All I know is I had more fun watching us compete every week and win most weeks than I do watching Jos’s dross. I admit that long throw ins and no frills football isn’t always exciting but the resulting chances, goals and opportunities created get fans out of their seats.

I’m also old enough to remember the days under Sgt Wilko. Same style of play as Megson but it’s funny how you remember with great fondness the wins and the goals and not the build up play that lead to them.....

21 hours ago, kingsidney said:

More to do with terry burton, jones was found out for the fraud he is as soon as he left. 

Fraud, the fraud who took us up, kept us up and also introduced the development squad that will likely become the bedrock of the club's future and has already helped produce/develop the likes of Dawson, Wildsmith, Thorniley and Penney?

I get why people didn't like Jones and yeah Terry Burton made a huge difference, but a fraud? Come off it.

You're right.  We should send for HIM.  Our saviour.  Jack Charlton.  But when the phone call comes from DC, he'll be out fishing.  Perhaps I just come from a different era, but it would be great to get someone in of his calibre.