Send For Him

34 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

We need him now more than ever but no doubt the weirdo's who can't see the bigger picture will be telling us all about Stevenage and Exeter away.

What is this bigger picture?

We have fans moaning left right and centre about us playing terrible football whilst paying ridiculous money.

The guy who created this thread said 'When you've really had enough and sick of watching guff'

Yet supporters are calling for the return of a relic, who plays atrocious football.:picnic:

The line 'Meggo will get them to put in a shift' keeps getting reeled out.

Do you know who puts in a shift every game?

Joey Pelupessy, yet he is the current whipping boy amongst fans.

If/when Jos goes, we can do better than Megson.

3 minutes ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

What is this bigger picture?

We have fans moaning left right and centre about us playing terrible football whilst paying ridiculous money.

The guy who created this thread said 'When you've really had enough and sick of watching guff'

Yet supporters are calling for the return of a relic, who plays atrocious football.:picnic:

The line 'Meggo will get them to put in a shift' keeps getting reeled out.

Do you know who puts in a shift every game?

Joey Pelupessy, yet he is the current whipping boy amongst fans.

If/when Jos goes, we can do better than Megson.

Megson did a hell of a lot of good for us more than people want to realise. 

We aren't a top team in this division anymore we are now amongst the worst, people need to accept that the likes of Jokanovic will not be managing Wednesday in the near future. 

We can't do the basics how can a team who can't do the basics be good enough to play an expansive easy on the eye style of football that leads to a promotion push? which is what the likes of Jokanovic will want? 95% of our players are utter trash with a weak mentality to go along with it.

and if Megson played atrocious football i'd like to know what you think of the football CC and JL have churned out?

• Like 2

Guest Theboylangers
1 hour ago, steveger said:

cut a few lawns.....

And done them all immaculately. Jos wouldn't do the strimming properly, trust me.  You could play bowls on HIS lawns. 

2 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Megson did a hell of a lot of good for us more than people want to realise. 

We aren't a top team in this division anymore we are now amongst the worst, people need to accept that the likes of Jokanovic will not be managing Wednesday in the near future. 

We can't do the basics how can a team who can't do the basics be good enough to play an expansive easy on the eye style of football that leads to a promotion push? which is what the likes of Jokanovic will want? 95% of our players are utter trash with a weak mentality to go along with it.

and if Megson played atrocious football i'd like to know what you think of the football CC and JL have churned out?

He built a very good team on a shoe string, and that's probably where were heading again with or without him.

I'd prefer we get Megson in before its too late and we're back to League One.

6 hours ago, Onge said:

No, but I don't think Megson's brand of hoofball will be effective either. If he wasn't a Wednesdayite, people wouldn't be so myopic.

We passed the ball under him so much more than we did Irvine, Laws etc.

just an easy stereotype to trot out once again that requires no thought.

in 12 months he turned the whole place around.

Are we forgetting that Megson took a team badly managed by Alan Irvine and somehow took them further down the League One table by the close of the season?

If he had a similar impact again, we'd almost certainly be relegated.

Unless we're going to be able to sign a few players in January - and I think we all know we're not - Megson could be a catastrophic appointment.

22 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Are we forgetting that Megson took a team badly managed by Alan Irvine and somehow took them further down the League One table by the close of the season?

Unless we're going to be able to sign a few players in January - and I think we all know we're not - Megson could be a catastrophic appointment.

Well we all have different opinions. I'm convinced we have the players and Megson knows how to mould them into a team which can create chances.

Irvine didn't have the players or a clue.

Strange that Moyes is also being considered this morning as Irvine was a Moyes clone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kingsidney said:

I loved us bullying teams under meggo. 

Sick of this wimpish loser tag we have now. 

Spot on was saying this to a mate, we’re far too nice these days scared to put a foot in or get in peoples faces. At least under megson we’d have some sort of identity to build on. 

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It’s all opinions but I think we would have gone down had Irvine stayed. I thought Megson did a good job to put the brakes on our slide down the league that season.

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

It’s all opinions but I think we would have gone down had Irvine stayed. I thought Megson did a good job to put the brakes on our slide down the league that season.

He picked up fewer points per game then Irvine had, and took us further down the table.

With a summer in which he was allowed to ship out a lot of players and sign many more, Megson assembled a squad that was capable of promotion, but when taking over a struggling squad, he simply had us struggling even more.

42 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He picked up fewer points per game then Irvine had, and took us further down the table.

With a summer in which he was allowed to ship out a lot of players and sign many more, Megson assembled a squad that was capable of promotion, but when taking over a struggling squad, he simply had us struggling even more.

He signed some good players including Jones (great captain), Semedo, Prutton, ogrady and Bywater... also shipped out Potter, Teale, Miller....