S72 Owl

Serious Candidates?

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Is that supposed to be a qualification for the job?

I thought Chansiri normally preferred the candidates that have barely heard of the UK let alone Sheffield. :blink:

Who knows what qualifies as making a good candidate for the next Wednesday manager these days.

other than - Must be good at not buying any players and selling best ones

Big Nige n Meggo.

It’s destiny. Pearson is deliberately making a balls up in Belgium to get himself off the radar of relegation threatened premiership clubs. 

Slavisa Josanovics' agents office.

Image result for stephen merchant extras

"Hi Slav, come in. Come in. Right, I'll get right to the point...I just wanted to tell you in person I've got a job you just might be interested in! ....Is it a big club? Well yes, well...not in modern terms....it used to be. But anyway.... They've got a couple of big stands. Biggest cantilever stand in England, well no I'm sure if that's actually true....probably not......but they do have amazing away support ,always good. ....salary?...well, I can't lie it's  probably not going to be what you'd like because they're in a bit of bother with their spending....yeeeeah with the EFL I'm afraid....Oh didn't I mention they aren't Premier League....well, they're not anyway........Transfer kitty?...well....no, I wouldn't call it a Warchest exactly, no.....no...more a dowry box with some lavender in a little bag at the bottom........well because it's empty you see, you'll have to sell all your best players.....the good news is...have you heard of Montys motors? . Slav....slav where you going?!"

2 hours ago, Craig7484 said:

Watching the pig match today I don’t think wilder sat down.  

You do realise he’s got piles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Big Nige n Meggo.

It’s destiny. Pearson is deliberately making a balls up in Belgium to get himself off the radar of relegation threatened premiership clubs. 

Not quite. They are winning 3-1 as we speak. 

Anyway, it’s a good day to sack managers. 5 years today since we sacked Dave Jones. 

3 hours ago, Craig7484 said:

I would just like someone with passion like his. But oviously a Wednesday man 

It didnt do the Pigs any good though did it. 

1 hour ago, debram said:

for what reasons

All the others were poo!

Coached at high level. Well respected generally. Likely got a bit of a point to prove. English. Will know a bit about the club. Realistic. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Spookone said:

You do realise he’s got piles?

Be crackling on them there piles 

I’ve thought long and hard about this and the perfect candidate is none other thatBob Peeters...fits the bill...Foriegn, managed in this country, connection to KM and did  a bad job at Charlton. Go and get him DC

People will start flapping soon insisting that KM is gonna appoint Jose Riga 

We’ll have calls for Waddle to be given a chance, get Big Ron to help him 

Literally buzzing, can’t wait 

It’s quite possible that there are no serious candidates....

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, vulva said:

I fail to see how abject failures at this level like Heckingbottom and Hurst get a mention. If one didn't used to play for Wednesday and the other a fan, they would never get mentioned. This is now a very big job, and needs some experience.  

Whatever anyone says or thinks, the managers position isn't the main issue. Id like to thank MM personally for leaving this club in capable hands. Like fu*k he did. 

3 hours ago, alan48 said:

brian laws - just for 6 mths

This. Spot on pal. But we still need to look long term. 

3 hours ago, beswetherick said:

garymegson

3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

His gingerness please

3 hours ago, Craig7484 said:

I would just like someone with passion like his. But oviously a Wednesday man 

The Solution isgarymegson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

Whatever anyone says or thinks, the managers position isn't the main issue. Id like to thank MM personally for leaving this club in capable hands. Like fu*k he did. 

It’s not the main issue, but it’s a big issue that can be addressed. 

As for MM, he did a brilliant job.  None of this is anything to do with him. MM got out because he’d made a few quid, and realized the money in football was leaving him behind. 

• Agree 1

This is the squad any manager will have to work with, and that’s my biggest issue with Jos Our better players are our creative/attacking players, and Jos has consistently failed to utilise them in any meaningful way. If a new manager can organise our defence, that’s a bonus, but I’d certainly expect a new man to play to our strengths, and get us on the front foot

Edited by gurujuan

On a serious note....

I’d give it to Ian Holloway 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

On a serious note....

I’d give it to Ian Holloway 

Wouldn’t be against this. This club, especially at this time, needs a certain type. Just got a feeling that Holloway would turn out to be out a cult hero over time. 

Couple of people jokingly mentioning Benni Carbone throwing his hat in for the post if jos goes. Well to be honest, I wouldn't complain at letting him have a go considering what we've been getting out on the pitch for a season and a half now. 

I'm not an all out attack shouter like some, I'm a solid balanced strategy sort of guy, but most of our best players are the attacking options and if he came in and tried to play a bit more to our strengths like when he was a player, then maybe if we go down it'll be with a fight rather than a lame whimper.