Serious Candidates?

People will start flapping soon insisting that KM is gonna appoint Jose Riga 

We’ll have calls for Waddle to be given a chance, get Big Ron to help him 

Literally buzzing, can’t wait 

3 hours ago, vulva said:

I fail to see how abject failures at this level like Heckingbottom and Hurst get a mention. If one didn't used to play for Wednesday and the other a fan, they would never get mentioned. This is now a very big job, and needs some experience.  

Whatever anyone says or thinks, the managers position isn't the main issue. Id like to thank MM personally for leaving this club in capable hands. Like fu*k he did. 

3 hours ago, beswetherick said:

garymegson

3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

His gingerness please

3 hours ago, Craig7484 said:

Watching the pig match today I don’t think wilder sat down.  

I would just like someone with passion like his. But oviously a Wednesday man 

The Solution isgarymegson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

Whatever anyone says or thinks, the managers position isn't the main issue. Id like to thank MM personally for leaving this club in capable hands. Like fu*k he did. 

It’s not the main issue, but it’s a big issue that can be addressed. 

As for MM, he did a brilliant job.  None of this is anything to do with him. MM got out because he’d made a few quid, and realized the money in football was leaving him behind. 

This is the squad any manager will have to work with, and that’s my biggest issue with Jos Our better players are our creative/attacking players, and Jos has consistently failed to utilise them in any meaningful way. If a new manager can organise our defence, that’s a bonus, but I’d certainly expect a new man to play to our strengths, and get us on the front foot

Edited by gurujuan

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

On a serious note....

I’d give it to Ian Holloway 

Wouldn’t be against this. This club, especially at this time, needs a certain type. Just got a feeling that Holloway would turn out to be out a cult hero over time. 

Couple of people jokingly mentioning Benni Carbone throwing his hat in for the post if jos goes. Well to be honest, I wouldn't complain at letting him have a go considering what we've been getting out on the pitch for a season and a half now. 

I'm not an all out attack shouter like some, I'm a solid balanced strategy sort of guy, but most of our best players are the attacking options and if he came in and tried to play a bit more to our strengths like when he was a player, then maybe if we go down it'll be with a fight rather than a lame whimper. 

Just stay away from monk please...

On a serious note, i think bruce would be very good for you. It wont be sparkling football but he makes a team solid and gets the best out of match winners. 

Bruce or jokanovic are the best shouts by far

We all have our favourites whom we'd like to see as manager. Sadly, none of the decent suggestions on here will be appointed. We have a foreign chairman who is clueless. We have that paxo dude pulling the strings. We have a foreign CEO with links to Jos's home town. It'll be another obscure foreign manager appointed most likely in February after the close of the transfer window. Because, the club is that incompetent. 

Won't be a manager in work,  we're not allowed to spend money so compensation an issue.

Not the right time for a development manager, needs am immediate impact to pull away from the bottom 3. Although I would love us to think long term and go for someone like the Cowleys for example at Lincoln.

If we'd been interested in the likes of Holloway etc or other journeyman would have been considered by DC before. 

Suspect Jokanivic who was linked previously too expensive and would he want to move outside London?....as would Moyes, Big Sam or any other pie in the sky appointments who would want premier league money and transfer assurances we can't offer due to EFL being twats.

IMO we missed the best option in McCarthy, but Bruce would be a good appointment right now.

I've always seen him as a cheque book manager in terms of challenging for promotion, but a very good manager at this level, good CV and knows the league inside out. Would be confident he would keep us up comfortably.

Stagnated a bit at Villa and the new owners obviously wanted a change when they came in and kept him as a stop gap,  so think his eventual departure a little unfair and don't read too much into that. He was also a candidate for the England job not long ago.

Bruce was also heavily linked with Reading in recent weeks, but that  has gone quiet despite Clement continuing  to be an awful manager. Perhaps another club has shown interest?

Edited by striker

I think if you want to get promotion out of the championship then Bruce is who you go for.

Granted things have changed and we’re not at that level at the moment but after the initial task of steadying the ship then you’re then looking for someone to push the club towards the Prem and Bruce is the best candidate by far.

Would he take it? I think he would. He’s got b******s, he had has a player, he’s shown this as a manager and if things were tough to start with then the fans would surely give him time due to his track record. Five promotions in his career, most of not all from the second tier of English football. I think he would fancy his chances of turning us around and he’s got a point to prove?

11 hours ago, BRADDO said:

We all have our favourites whom we'd like to see as manager. Sadly, none of the decent suggestions on here will be appointed. We have a foreign chairman who is clueless. We have that paxo dude pulling the strings. We have a foreign CEO with links to Jos's home town. It'll be another obscure foreign manager appointed most likely in February after the close of the transfer window. Because, the club is that incompetent. 

Spot on mate , that's exactly what will happen.