Serious Candidates?

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Not too sure about that. 

He he had the likes of Dawson, Davies, Huddlestone, Livermore, Snodgraas and Hernandez already there to build the team around.

He signed them after he won promotion. The side he won promotion with in the 12-13 season contained none of those players. 

8 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Unfortunately I think it will be another unknown foreign manager.

DC's incompetence has left him in a situation where Jos has to go but the list of possible replacements that know the Championship & who would come to us is small & in the main pretty unpalatable.

Paul Hurst, Heckingbottom, Holloway, Stuart Gray, Megson, Carlos etc.

wont be any room on the bench for subs and i don't think they'd all work well together...

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Paul Cook is another realistic option, and long as he doesn't talk. Don't like the way he talks. 

How about if he sits on Chansiri's knee and moves his lips while Chansiri talks?

That should make him a prime candidate.

Nigel Pearson or Ian Holloway but I fear that it will again be a stupid left field appointment, Carlos returning would defiantly be a boost for the players we were never this bad with him in charge. What about John Sheridan always, in my opinion done a good job often in very trying circumstances I think the problem here will be Chansiri not wanting a real manager  

Pearson or Holloway. They have league experience. The young Wilkinson is an interesting one. Trust us to get a non doing it German league manager. Seems those with Dortmond connections seem to do best. Even Luton's manager might do better than Jos. All went down hill after the Stuart Gray decision was made. 

“Today’s game was like when you give a bird a cheeky pinch on the bum and she turns around and smacks you across the face”.

That would’ve been this man’s post match comment.

Got to be worth considering just for having personality. One more attribute than JL.

CF884284-B97A-4901-ABF3-AC2994DE9B79.jpeg

Out of those mentioned Holloway for me.

He knows we are a big club and what is possible here.

He knows the league inside out 

He is a positive character and tries  to play positive passing football 

But mainly for his enthusiasm.

He lives and breathes it and would  be fantastic with the players.

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Out of those mentioned Holloway for me.

He knows we are a big club and what is possible here.

He knows the league inside out 

He is a positive character and tries  to play positive passing football 

But mainly for his enthusiasm.

He lives and breathes it and would  be fantastic with the players.

Plus he has got two teams promoted to the Premiership. Blackpool and Palace. And getting Blackpool promoted under Oyston must rank amongst one of the most amazing managerial feats in history

Edited by theowlsman