Serious Candidates?

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

I fail to see how abject failures at this level like Heckingbottom and Hurst get a mention. If one didn't used to play for Wednesday and the other a fan, they would never get mentioned. This is now a very big job, and needs some experience.  

Heckingbottom did well at Barnsley.

Hurst did very well at Shrewsbury.

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

I fail to see how abject failures at this level like Heckingbottom and Hurst get a mention. If one didn't used to play for Wednesday and the other a fan, they would never get mentioned. This is now a very big job, and needs some experience.  

So you are suggesting who? 

Sacking Jos is one thing but who is coming in? 

Anyone and everyone can say what they should be like in terms of qualities and experience but we need a real person to do the job. 

Edited by Rev Owl

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

You are right but my fear is we will end up with another nodding donkey. That is why I wasn't in a hurry to see the back of Jos. Bring in Jos No. 2 is a completely poinless exercise and will achieve nothing. If Chansiri has any future at the club, he needs to get the next appointment right!

It's now got to the stage where it's anyone but Jos. And that's not a healthy place to be. Without a shadow of any doubt the worst managerial appointment in my lifetime. Now edging ahead of Eustace and Irvine. At least Eustace deserved the job, and Irvine had the credentials. I have never seen, not witnessed or seen any kind of encouragement as to what this chap brings to the party. He should have been sacked months ago, and if I have the misfortune to listen to one more inept, passionless, pointless and drab post match interview on the car radio, I'm driving straight into a McDonalds through and ordering 20,000 nuggets. 

• Haha 1

For me it would have been Big Mick. I’d make sure we cash in on everyone by next summer, Nando, Bannan, Lees, Rhodes, Reach and release every one whose contract is up. Literally knock it down and start again. Give the job to Steve Bruce, let him build a team, he built a very decent side with Hull City without too much money. 

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

We need a course and distance manager. Someone who knows the league, knows the club, would unify the club and someone who can handle big name players. I don't particularly warm to the bloke but the stand out candidate for me is Nigel Pearson. 

He's definitely one of the better options.

Stuart Gray is best of those available who we could get.

This would be big chance but how about Ben Wilkinson and with his dad Howard as advisor.

Man City recruited him from under 18s and he is now assistant manager of U/23 side. 

The current bunch of u/18s play a high pressing game and it was clearly down to Ben and this must have impressed hierarchy at City. 

If money would also bring Ramsdale back as Director of Football. He sorted Academy out and would give him task of sorting scouting out. 

• Like 1