Serious Candidates?

44 minutes ago, Quist said:

Stuart Gray is best of those available who we could get.

This would be big chance but how about Ben Wilkinson and with his dad Howard as advisor.

Man City recruited him from under 18s and he is now assistant manager of U/23 side. 

The current bunch of u/18s play a high pressing game and it was clearly down to Ben and this must have impressed hierarchy at City. 

If money would also bring Ramsdale back as Director of Football. He sorted Academy out and would give him task of sorting scouting out. 

I'd take Gray in a heartbeat. Doubt DC would want to re-employ someone he fired without much ceremony.

Gray would bring organisation and practical football. Maybe not the pretty attractive football but he'd stop us shipping goals for fun. Also well respected in the game and knows players who might come fit in and not cost the earth.

22 minutes ago, vulva said:

Paul Cook is another realistic option, and long as he doesn't talk. Don't like the way he talks. 

Scrolled through the thread and amazed it took that long for someone to mention Cook. Had succes in Ireland, then Chesterfield, Portsmouth and now Wigan all while playing positive football and scoring plenty of goals. Plus he’s a passionate enthusiastic character and we really need some of that at the moment

But I agree about his voice. 

Edited by paulrs

2 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

Sadly has parkinson's would have loved to have seen him with some money to spend when he was here ,one of the best apointments.

has he really got parkinson's? thats awful wish the best of that man

Still Jokanovic for me, unless we’re having a fire sale in Jan. In which case, relegation and a rebuild on the cheap will be the outcome. Then Paul Hirst, who has done that sort of job with Shrewsbury in League One, might be a decent option

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Still Jokanovic for me, unless we’re having a fire sale in Jan. In which case, relegation and a rebuild on the cheap will be the outcome. Then Paul Hirst, who has done that sort of job with Shrewsbury in League One, might be a decent option

If only a Jokanovic and Stuey pairing was a realistic possibility. :wub:

Never thought I’d say this but im

warming to the thought of Holloway. Bit of a clown, yes; past his best, possibly. But he’s an upbeat positive character, plays attacking football, has two promotions from this league, has an affinity with the club and did ok last season at QPR who were probably in a similar mess to us now.

The constraints at the club wouldn’t be new to him and he’d no doubt realise it was his last chance to manage a big club and relish the opportunity. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I fail to see how abject failures at this level like Heckingbottom and Hurst get a mention. If one didn't used to play for Wednesday and the other a fan, they would never get mentioned. This is now a very big job, and needs some experience.  

SANTA? 

it is christmas.

4 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Never thought I’d say this but im

warming to the thought of Holloway. Bit of a clown, yes; past his best, possibly. But he’s an upbeat positive character, plays attacking football, has two promotions from this league, has an affinity with the club and did ok last season at QPR who were probably in a similar mess to us now.

The constraints at the club wouldn’t be new to him and he’d no doubt realise it was his last chance to manage a big club and relish the opportunity. 

Agree. The club needs a freshen up. Holloway could be the modern day Sturrock. That said, always thought Holloway had family issues than needed him down South. Seem to recall his daughter has health issues.