thread for Club apologists

For me this thread sums up perfectly how Chansiri has managed to do something that not many owners at HIllsbro have managed before , that's have fans at ea h others throats .  Sad , sad times we find ourselves in. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

For me this thread sums up perfectly how Chansiri has managed to do something that not many owners at HIllsbro have managed before , that's have fans at ea h others throats .  Sad , sad times we find ourselves in. 

Are you sure about that? lol

• Haha 1

haven't seen a single cogent argument in defence of the manager or owner 

I disagree with the  'nothing will change - we can't do anything we should turn our back until it all goes away' argument 

I am absolutely certain that this squad as disjointed and unbalanced as it is, will do better with a fresh face and some sort of motivation

this is not in any way a defence of the regime  

i dont even think just not going will do anything he has already people's ST money angry / mardy posts by myself and many many other better posters on here will change nothing on there own  I appreciate this  but we have to collectively show our dissatisfaction across all platforms  

6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

haven't seen a single cogent argument in defence of the manager or owner 

I disagree with the  'nothing will change - we can't do anything we should turn our back until it all goes away' argument 

I am absolutely certain that this squad as disjointed and unbalanced as it is, will do better with a fresh face and some sort of motivation

this is not in any way a defence of the regime  

i dont even think just not going will do anything he has already people's ST money angry / mardy posts by myself and many many other better posters on here will change nothing on there own  I appreciate this  but we have to collectively show our dissatisfaction across all platforms  

FWIW, I think the manager is in an insidious position right now. One in which a change of manager (or coach) may not make an immediate difference. If there are any lawyers reading this, I am saying it as a wild fantasy that came into my head my flying out of the bedroom window after dosing up on LSD. But I do not buy into the idea that certain players are being sidelined simply based on "football reasons". I think the club is manufacturing a situation where these players will become so p1ssed off with life at the club that they will go at the first opportunity regardless of the offer at another club. They are expensive commodities that the club wants off the payroll at any cost. Of course the party line is going to be "football reasons". They can't say anything else, can they? The upshot of such actions will be rifts, factions and cliques forming and it would entirely undermine the squad morale. Until the unwanted are offloaded, I don't think much will materially change, regardless of the management and coaching staff. All that I am hoping is the exodus is a prelude to this busted flush of a regime joining them.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

by and large, thats not how i see it...its a debate, Some will go over the top, always happens.

I was for Jos staying not so long ago, I did a poll, can't quite remember the outcome, but it was nothing like the latest one.

So, it shows that fans can change their minds, i have...I see no earthly reason to keep him on, Some owls fans  says thats not the main problem and will change nothing...So whats the problem..If Jos staying will change nothing..what in the name of f.ook is he doing?

Surely the answer is

"Nothing"

Sadly..Neither is DC nor Katrienne..So there we stand..The Whole bloody lot of them are doing nothing...

If they are...drop us a line eh?

14 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

There is no need for posters become aggressive and fall out over differing opinions.

But I’m not wasting emotional energy over this anymore.

The OP any others are working under certain premises;

1) The Chairman has a clue what is wrong with the Club.

2) The Chairman. if he does know what is wrong - has the wisdom to choose a new manager and rectify his errors.

3) The Chairman actually has any money - or if he has, is prepared to throw more good money after bad.

Nothing wrong with posters making reasonable suggestions as to how the Club can be saved in the short term.

I think it’s pointless - the Club is rotten from top to bottom.

Personally - I think it will all end in tears unless someone else steps in.

”Apologist” is rather a perjorative term - and in the current context, it is meant to be.

I have never been an apologist for the current Chairman - he is a disaster.

Relegation doesn’t concern me - I fear much worse than that long term, seriously. Nobody, including the Chairman can convince me otherwise,

I focus my comments towards him.

You all want a fresh start, a fresh manager, fair play - I’m ambivalent because that really isn’t the solution.

Ironically, in calling for a new manager you are apologising for this disastrous Chairman - giving him another chance, letting him off the hook, still giving him your deferential agreement to his autonomy.

I’m not and I won’t. I’m not pleading to this bloke. He won’t listen anyway.

No statement, no action - because he can’t do anything.

Not won’t. Some of you seem to have a problem realising that.

So don’t call me an apologist - you’ll be telling me to “get to Lane” next.

Get t'lane.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

You have to wonder about these threads set up to divide fans. Jos is going to get the boot, that’s inevitable. All that matters is that the club tries to lessen the impact of the fallout and the next appointment is the right one to take us forward 

divide fans  don't be silly PG  it's on OT     I haven't caused the division of people on here  just highlighting there isn't a telling argument against a change 

the only argument put forward is the well worn  nowt will change angle  

IF we stick with this guy we need a miracle anybody not yet understanding this there's no hope .....IMO