thread for Club apologists

1 minute ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Fair enough. Thanks for clearing that up. Seems they've found a winning formula with Dean Smith.

For now. 

Championship is somtimes all about timing. Interesting to see what happens when the new manager bounce goes. 

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

For now. 

Championship is somtimes all about timing. Interesting to see what happens when the new manager bounce goes. 

err bob WTH are you doing on here mate ? your Mrs is up for it  strike while the iron's hot :stuwinky:

As quite a young fan, we are performing at about average results wise for my lifetime, so this is normal for me, so I’m not too panicked. 

All the drama seems a bit OTT from my perspective. There isn’t a problem with a reasoned opinion for wanting Joss out, but there is a problem when the desire to get Joss out becomes so strong that people with that desire turn on other fans who don’t shout about wanting Joss out 24/7. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

I'm deliberately ignoring my friend @ReadingOwl 's provocation as we have argued this out before in different threads 

but for others the apologists thing is where people constantly defending as I see it the indefensible 

WE all know who's ultimately to blame and Jos is the fall guy however my constant point is that even with all the constraints and politics we could do better 

those players i watched today were giving it a go but are lost you can see it  they need leadership   they are getting zero from the bench  

Provocation?

By taking exception at being called a “Club Apologist” and defending it?

I think being relaxed about the manager is rather nuanced - I’d hope by now, instead of getting angry after every loss you’d try to understand it.

There has been loads of posters in the last few weeks, who have taken and argued reasonable points, as regard to the status of the current manager - much better than me. And, you’ve read them - and no doubt understood them.

They have a different opinion with regard to the virtue of getting shut of him - not because he’s doing the business, but because it’s pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Don't call them apologists. Because none of them have said; the manager is good, or; the Chairman is doing a grand job.

They just think that by now - it’s pointless.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t know.

And, that is why I can’t get particularly exorcised about the manager.

Maybe I’ve just given up all hope - and waiting for the crunch.

Some of you are still wrestling with the steering wheel. Fair play. I understand the anger and frustration with regard to on field antics.

I’m obsessed with looking further down the road.

All these threads - Mark Hughes/Bruce/Jankovic etc, etc (sic).

When in truth, I don’t think we have two hapennies to rub together.

To be honest I think alot of the frustration does boil down to the silence coming from Chansiri, me personally I worry more after he's spoke because the stuff he comes out doesn't fill me with confidence, if anything it makes me believe his sense of business and decision making is one of total incompetence.

I think throw into the mix the shambles on the field, players looking like lost children, a manager who it seems picks his squad from a bingo machine it's just one total mess, and a very expensive one to witness. 

• Haha 1

I'm not an apologist but I think changing the manager at this time is futile. I think a new manager is needed and a better manager would have us in a better position than where we are. However I have zero confidence that the club would appoint the required calibre needed of a manager. We would probably get San Marino's manager from Serie D in Italy or somewhere like that. We have no chance of appointing someone decent. 

I also think the club has got bigger things to worry about. FFP and financial annihilation. We cannot go on losing the amount of money we are doing. They have had all of the season ticket money up front and I don't see where they are going to get anymore cash from. 

Worrying times and I am genuinely concerned whether there will be a football club in 2 to 3 years time. 

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

The biggest drama is happening at Wednesday and sleepwalking towards league one, keep banging your happy drum though 

Happy drum? I’ve been an owl for over 30 years and I don’t see what’s “happy” about losing. I see the problem being the chairman personally. Finances aside how have things improved? However, I won’t incite a division between fans unlike people like yourself. 

8 minutes ago, runningaround said:

Happy drum? I’ve been an owl for over 30 years and I don’t see what’s “happy” about losing. I see the problem being the chairman personally. Finances aside how have things improved? However, I won’t incite a division between fans unlike people like yourself. 

Don't waste your time pal. 

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

Bent agenda for drama....

A lot gets lost in translation in txt and taken wrong way myself included 

No I completely understand frustrations of people, just we think different reasons create it. I personally think it’s the chairman’s ego trip and we were a plaything he’s lost interest in somewhat. I will agree on Jos though, good past or not he seems defeated 

15 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

I'm not a Jos apologist as such but I am a realist. I think people are going to be tying themselves in knots over Jos for most of the season as I can't see him going. 

The club are in an almighty pickle, the silence is deafening and no way will we get in a manager that can make a drastic difference. Morale is low throughout the club and I can't lay it all on Jos.

An announcement would be nice from DC, the truth, a rallying cry to the fans and an explanation of what is happening at the club. All the cards on the table please and possibly an apology, so everyone is understanding why the fans are suffering this.

Its all too much of a shambles for it to simply be because of Jos. 

it's like getting a 'credible' statement out of north korea.

8 hours ago, runningaround said:

No I completely understand frustrations of people, just we think different reasons create it. I personally think it’s the chairman’s ego trip and we were a plaything he’s lost interest in somewhat. I will agree on Jos though, good past or not he seems defeated 

personally i think he may well be shocked at the abuse he and 'the club' have and are taking, and withdrawn to rethink and possibly regroup, or reconsider his options.

IF it is the fans choice that jos should go, then how is it done with the owner out of town long term?

8 minutes ago, dnhc said:

IF it is the fans choice that jos should go, then how is it done with the owner out of town long term?

Do you not think that the remit of Katrien Meire would include such tasks?

Somebody has to hold the fort while he is out of town.