thread for Club apologists

11 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

There is no need for posters become aggressive and fall out over differing opinions.

But I’m not wasting emotional energy over this anymore.

The OP any others are working under certain premises;

1) The Chairman has a clue what is wrong with the Club.

2) The Chairman. if he does know what is wrong - has the wisdom to choose a new manager and rectify his errors.

3) The Chairman actually has any money - or if he has, is prepared to throw more good money after bad.

Nothing wrong with posters making reasonable suggestions as to how the Club can be saved in the short term.

I think it’s pointless - the Club is rotten from top to bottom.

Personally - I think it will all end in tears unless someone else steps in.

”Apologist” is rather a perjorative term - and in the current context, it is meant to be.

I have never been an apologist for the current Chairman - he is a disaster.

Relegation doesn’t concern me - I fear much worse than that long term, seriously. Nobody, including the Chairman can convince me otherwise,

I focus my comments towards him.

You all want a fresh start, a fresh manager, fair play - I’m ambivalent because that really isn’t the solution.

Ironically, in calling for a new manager you are apologising for this disastrous Chairman - giving him another chance, letting him off the hook, still giving him your deferential agreement to his autonomy.

I’m not and I won’t. I’m not pleading to this bloke. He won’t listen anyway.

No statement, no action - because he can’t do anything.

Not won’t. Some of you seem to have a problem realising that.

So don’t call me an apologist - you’ll be telling me to “get to Lane” next.

Sadly, club wise this is where I am. The fact jos is still employed as of now. Worries the hell out of me. Even worse if he's still in a job by monday. Chairman wise thats says alot. 

As Reading says and I agree relegation dosnt faze me. Been thete done that shiz. No worries. 

Long term and this fear is now growing Im starting to worry weve got serious concerns. 

Im actually starting to think hes done one. Next few days tell us alot and i mean alot. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Sadly, club wise this is where I am. The fact jos is still employed as of now. Worries the hell out of me. Even worse if he's still in a job by monday. Chairman wise thats says alot. 

As Reading says and I agree relegation dosnt faze me. Been thete done that shiz. No worries. 

Long term and this fear is now growing Im starting to worry weve got serious concerns. 

Im actually starting to think hes done one. Next few days tell us alot and i mean alot. 

bob tell me you haven't just started to worry mate 

I'm on fairly safe ground thinking that started when we bought rhodes and pushed the budget deficit to emabrgo levels 

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Why are they morons...

Everyone is entitled to a view 

I asked yourself  to name someone who you would want but never gave an answer 

You're absolutely right, everyone is entitled to a view. Doesn't mean it's the correct one. Dean Smith would have been my choice. Too late for that now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

He can't just walk away mate. If he's found someone to buy the club then hopefully that's the end of him. Suppose next question/worry is who does he flog us too?

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Im careful about speculating or getting into legal trouble making points I can’t substantiate.

But the way the Club has been run is just unsustainable.

S/T money up front - not playing expensive contracted players, the quiet embargo a seeming left field CEO.

And, now silence whilst the Club is a disaster on the pitch.

I wish he would tell us his business - “no worries I have deep pockets, we will ride this out, the manager has full autonomy, he can play who he likes”.

Very concerned and suspicious.

Still, I bet it’s a relief to him - the fans banging on about Jos, week in week out.

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

bob tell me you haven't just started to worry mate 

I'm on fairly safe ground thinking that started when we bought rhodes and pushed the budget deficit to emabrgo levels 

No ive been concerned since carlos season two, when things didnt seem right. 

Its now full blown worry that the chairman has said balls to it, let it rot. Its the bottom out point im looking for. 

His moves from now on will be telling. Nothing and we have an answer. In my opinion, because I cant think of another manager thats survives on this run. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

He can't just walk away mate. If he's found someone to buy the club then hopefully that's the end of him. Suppose next question/worry is who does he flog us too?

Im more concerned by the point who would buy us. Ffp embargo looming, possible fine, possible points deduction. Broken players on big contracts. 

You would have to be insane and very rich. 

8 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

You're absolutely right, everyone is entitled to a view. Doesn't mean it's the correct one. Dean Smith would have been my choice. Too late for that now.

yep did an excellent job at 2 clubs  that option sadly gone

1 minute ago, Johnny Concrete said:

If he doesn’t find anyone else; And has no more money, or, won’t spend anymore money, is my concern.

He might at least wave the debt.

I hope it’s not true - he could at least make it clear.

All I have is my suspicions.

Meantime - I’ll carry on “apologising” for the manager.

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Can the EFL step in and bring him to book if he has walked away..

I don't think he has I just think that he really underestimated how big a job running a football club was 

Hopefully he's away in talks with a buyer who knows the score and what to do 

Simple answer to the question. I dont know. 

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

If he doesn’t find anyone else; And has no more money, or, won’t spend anymore money, is my concern.

He might at least wave the debt.

I hope it’s not true - he could at least make it clear.

All I have is my suspicions.

Meantime - I’ll carry on “apologising” for the manager.

The lack of voice coming from the club, particularly the man himself is always a concern. What doesn't help the situation is when he does decide to speak he comes out with statements saying if we don't get promoted then we are in serious financial trouble next season, I mean talk about calming the situation!!! 

just one big cluster fizz now whichever way you look at it  can't  get it right on the pitch nor off it something will burst soon whether it's Chanciri , jos .the players or the fans , whoever blows  first it's going to be no fun for anyone I believe ,

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Im more concerned by the point who would buy us. Ffp embargo looming, possible fine, possible points deduction. Broken players on big contracts. 

You would have to be insane and very rich. 

But didn't Villa manage to escape punishment after they got new investment? I may be totally wrong on that but that's what I thought I'd read a while ago.

It's not a great base to start working with is it whoever decides to take the challenge on. 

1 minute ago, trevdi9 said:

just one big cluster fizz now whichever way you look at it  can't  get it right on the pitch nor off it something will burst soon whether it's Chanciri , jos .the players or the fans , whoever blows  first it's going to be no fun for anyone I believe ,

Yeah somats gonna blow. 

Just now, Johnny Concrete said:

But didn't Villa manage to escape punishment after they got new investment? I may be totally wrong on that but that's what I thought I'd read a while ago.

It's not a great base to start working with is it whoever decides to take the challenge on. 

Nope, that was down to moving money out of china. 

If they dont go up this season its embargo time. 

Just now, Johnny Concrete said:

The lack of voice coming from the club, particularly the man himself is always a concern. What doesn't help the situation is when he does decide to speak he comes out with statements saying if we don't get promoted then we are in serious financial trouble next season, I mean talk about calming the situation!!! 

I don’t know.

And, that is why I can’t get particularly exorcised about the manager.

Maybe I’ve just given up all hope - and waiting for the crunch.

Some of you are still wrestling with the steering wheel. Fair play. I understand the anger and frustration with regard to on field antics.

I’m obsessed with looking further down the road.

All these threads - Mark Hughes/Bruce/Jankovic etc, etc (sic).

When in truth, I don’t think we have two hapennies to rub together.

I'm deliberately ignoring my friend @ReadingOwl 's provocation as we have argued this out before in different threads 

but for others the apologists thing is where people constantly defending as I see it the indefensible 

WE all know who's ultimately to blame and Jos is the fall guy however my constant point is that even with all the constraints and politics we could do better 

those players i watched today were giving it a go but are lost you can see it  they need leadership   they are getting zero from the bench