thread for Club apologists

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

Think it was ron Atkinson who said the 1st thing you do at a new club is negotiating your departure clause, managers are never paid the full contract and settle for on average 4 month's pay

You miss the point love. Its not about paying a manager off its about his replacement but, you are too wrapped up in getting this manager out again, you haven't thought about what happens newt. But reading quite  few of the posts on here, you are in good company. Lets look at it sensibly, which 'DECENT' manager would take this club on. There lies YOUR problem. 

1 minute ago, Millhouses said:

And they still defend clueless Dross, clowns

So what happens next. Jos is gone, what next come on you appear to have all the answers.

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

dont be silly lincs     by  apologist I mean the same group of people on here who have consistently refused to admit it's time and has been for ages  by  citing this and that excuse 

this group of players are so lacking in confidence in the style of play that they have lost belief in them selves 

I simply want to t to understand just why /how Jos can possibly be defended  in my eyes he just can't  he looks to have given up - the players already have

By the way it's 'to' not 't to' or is your stammer. 

Just now, CLswfc said:

So what happens next. Jos is gone, what next come on you appear to have all the answers.

Ahah keep clapping. He can’t set the team up, players obviously don’t want to play for him. Chansiri came to make money and has failed miserably, divided supporters with his antics. It’s all great though! 

5 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I'll answer that get one of the youth coaches to take the first team  cannot do a worse job imo seriously  

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

If we get rid of Jos, we need someone better. The likes of McCarthy and Holloway that all the morons were calling for are not the answer. 

I've dodged that moron shot as I haven't a clue who to take on going forward long term  i just feel almost anyone who is a man manager could do better 

these performances and sitting motionless are please accept my resignation letters 

13 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

If we get rid of Jos, we need someone better. The likes of McCarthy and Holloway that all the morons were calling for are not the answer. 

What's really moronic, is assuming that if someone has a different opinion to you, then they're a moron.

Perhaps it would be better to have a sensible debate, with reasoned arguments, instead of all this name calling, no?

There is no need for posters become aggressive and fall out over differing opinions.

But I’m not wasting emotional energy over this anymore.

The OP any others are working under certain premises;

1) The Chairman has a clue what is wrong with the Club.

2) The Chairman. if he does know what is wrong - has the wisdom to choose a new manager and rectify his errors.

3) The Chairman actually has any money - or if he has, is prepared to throw more good money after bad.

Nothing wrong with posters making reasonable suggestions as to how the Club can be saved in the short term.

I think it’s pointless - the Club is rotten from top to bottom.

Personally - I think it will all end in tears unless someone else steps in.

”Apologist” is rather a perjorative term - and in the current context, it is meant to be.

I have never been an apologist for the current Chairman - he is a disaster.

Relegation doesn’t concern me - I fear much worse than that long term, seriously. Nobody, including the Chairman can convince me otherwise,

I focus my comments towards him.

You all want a fresh start, a fresh manager, fair play - I’m ambivalent because that really isn’t the solution.

Ironically, in calling for a new manager you are apologising for this disastrous Chairman - giving him another chance, letting him off the hook, still giving him your deferential agreement to his autonomy.

I’m not and I won’t. I’m not pleading to this bloke. He won’t listen anyway.

No statement, no action - because he can’t do anything.

Not won’t. Some of you seem to have a problem realising that.

So don’t call me an apologist - you’ll be telling me to “get to Lane” next.

8 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

What's really moronic, is assuming that if someone has a different opinion to you, then they're a moron.

Perhaps it would be better to have a sensible debate, with reasoned arguments, instead of all this name calling, no?

No, I'm sorry, anyone who thinks McCarthy and Holloway are the answer are morons. Plain and simple.

4 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

No, I'm sorry, anyone who thinks McCarthy and Holloway are the answer are morons. Plain and simple.

Nobody knows the definitive answer - About anything - especially  football.

Only opinions - and some opinions, like “tolerating” the manager, are rather nuanced.

Posters may “tolerate” him - but that doesn’t make them apologists.

Edited by ReadingOwl