thread for Club apologists

Put you defence in here   Then get to the opticians and  doc for a realism check 

There is simply no excuse can be produced for Jos prep ,motivation tactics andperformance in fact any measure whatsoever 

as for the Owner we could do a tad better 

* I dont fancy a trip to court   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

I'm all a bit meh tbh now but still say for 20years we've been sacking managers and got no where.

If we sack him next appointment needs to get rest of season and next 2 to shape his own squad we can't just keep doing the same thing over and over again.

the next one needs preferably to be someone who knows something about english championship football.

BUT, IF the financial situation that is rumored is correct, then who but an out of work short term mercenary would want it?

also, can the club afford to pay jos off?, can it afford anyone else in?

No need really for these types of thread or at least with this type of title but if it encourages some decent discussion when things calm down a bit then maybe it will serve a purpose.

So for starters - can somebody in here explain to me the 1 minute passage of play that saw us lose possession to concede the 3rd, then discounting the long period of treatment for Dawson,  the restarting of the game which within 2 touches saw us under pressure once more.  I'd like to hear any reasons or excuses for any of the players' contributions in the minute of meh that sums up a lot about us right now.

At some point later I'll try to put up the video but off out for a bit now.

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

No need really for these types of thread or at least with this type of title but if it encourages some decent discussion when things calm down a bit then maybe it will serve a purpose.

So for starters - can somebody in here explain to me the 1 minute passage of play that saw us lose possession to concede the 3rd, then discounting the long period of treatment for Dawson,  the restarting of the game which within 2 touches saw us under pressure once more.  I'd like to hear any reasons or excuses for any of the players' contributions in the minute of meh that sums up a lot about us right now.

At some point later I'll try to put up the video but off out for a bit now.

utter low confidence, and being shyte.

• Like 1

Literally no need for threads like this trying to stir up the split in the fan base further.

There will not be one supporter who is actually happy with results at the minute whatever their stance on Jos.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and shouldn't be belittled for it.

My opinion is be has to go because the writing is on the wall and there is no way back. May as well get on with it as each game and defeat that passes makes survival more difficult.

• Like 2

I'm not a Jos apologist as such but I am a realist. I think people are going to be tying themselves in knots over Jos for most of the season as I can't see him going. 

The club are in an almighty pickle, the silence is deafening and no way will we get in a manager that can make a drastic difference. Morale is low throughout the club and I can't lay it all on Jos.

An announcement would be nice from DC, the truth, a rallying cry to the fans and an explanation of what is happening at the club. All the cards on the table please and possibly an apology, so everyone is understanding why the fans are suffering this.

Its all too much of a shambles for it to simply be because of Jos. 

Edited by Mystic Neg
  • Thanks 1

It's really easy to point out what is wrong. Everyone and their dog has been doing that for the last few weeks. Thread after thread, post after post ad infinitum and ad nauseum. 

What is sorely lacking is a straightforward  realistic solution. 

The reason is because there isn't one. 

We are going to bounce around shouting at the club and insulting other and then when it's all calmed down we'll still be in this position. 

I'm not against people having their say at all, although it's hard sometimes on here with loaded thread titles and snide remarks abounding if what they want to say is against the tide. 

I do think we should try and calm down and have a realistic view of what can and can't be done and what is and isn't likely. 

I'll get my coat

....and my tin hat now. 

Pip Pip.

UTO

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Literally no need for threads like this trying to stir up the split in the fan base further.

There will not be one supporter who is actually happy with results at the minute whatever their stance on Jos.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and shouldn't be belittled for it.

My opinion is be has to go because the writing is on the wall and there is no way back. May as well get on with it as each game and defeat that passes makes survival more difficult.

Couldn't agree more.  That's just the nature of society these days though, you're in this group, you're in that.

We aren't the only club like this, so its not particular to the Sheffield Wednesday fanbase.  I will support the club till the day I die and in that lifetime I expect managers, players and chairmen to come and go, as they always have done.  I will not apologise for my support of the club I love no matter who is in charge. In my eyes, the op is wrong, they are entitled to their opinion, but labeling fellow club supporters is a cowardly way to get your point across.  Stand up, debate, accept differing opinions and encourage others to have an input. 

It is time for Jos Luhukay to be removed as manager of our club.  Its probably time for the Chairman to have a long hard look at what his plans are and be honest with the supporters.  If he wants out, then fine, lets make best efforts to ensure that is as trouble free as possible.  If he wants to stay and finish the job he says he came here to do, then it starts this evening with the removal of those around him who have so badly advised him in recent years and start afresh.  If he wants to feel the support of our brilliant fans, he has to do no more that come out publicly and say he has got it wrong, its time for change and it starts now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

It's really easy to point out what is wrong. Everyone and their dog has been doing that for the last few weeks. Thread after thread, post after post ad infinitum and ad nauseum. 

What is sorely lacking is a straightforward  realistic solution. 

The reason is because there isn't one. 

We are going to bounce around shouting at the club and insulting other and then when it's all calmed down we'll still be in this position. 

I'm not against people having their say at all, although it's hard sometimes on here with loaded thread titles and snide remarks abounding if what they want to say is against the tide. 

I do think we should try and calm down and have a realistic view of what can and can't be done and what is and isn't likely. 

I'll get my coat

....and my tin hat now. 

Pip Pip.

UTO

You are not going to get that on here yer holiness...

No -one can have a realistic view, cos no-one is acquainted with the actual facts..Its similar to faith really