Blackburn Rover -V - Wednesday OMDT

What worries me is that Blackburn have been playing some good stuff at times this season. They are no pushovers and it will need desire, a fighting spirit, a will to win, to get points from this tough fixture. I can only keep my fingers crossed.

Come on Wednesday, lets see the team we know and love. Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack.

Excellent! (Twiddles fingers)

Morning cuppa and a great read, onwards and upwards, Wednesday!

Hang on, optimism...? Nah, not ready for that yet..

Dig in there Wednesday, grind another result out!

1-2 the score, please! Reach and Joao to score, surely put Joao on the field against his "old team".

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

"Not at all. Imagine you're a player Stubbs. There you are. It's been a holiday camp at the club for yonks. Turn up when you want, have a chat.  Full English. Bit of a kick about. Off for a round of golf. Play a game of football and all for forty grand a week. Next thing that's all over the lenient gaffer is gone, and now there's bloody grapefruit at the training ground! And a manager that wants you to actually train. I mean to say. Shock to the system and all that Stubbs. They don't want that sort of caper do they?  You wouldn't would you? You want the easiest life you can. You don't want all this sort of carry on at all -being on time. Running about. Then imagine the results still aren't there. And people start talking about this new manager getting the boot. You'd think to yourself. "Hang on a minute, maybe this losing business isn't so bad after all. In fact - Good. Lets get rid of the chuff, get him the boot and we can go back to bacon, double egg, hash browns and a pint of tea'. Well you would wouldn't you? Lets get him the heave-ho and we can go back to the good old days. But then the forums start up their speculation. The fans don't want another easy-oasy-pals-with-the-players-holiday-camp style manager. No. They want someone as disciplined as the current chap. But wit out a tach and an accent.  They want an Englishman. Someone who's going to go even more back to basics. Someone who likes to see players bust a gut"

"I still don't see how this has anything to do with the Bolton result"

"Well imagine Stubbs. Imagine this scenario I've just given you. You think the little tinker-man is getting the boot. Think you'll be getting another soft touch in. And then, beaming down in the night sky you see the king of them all. The poster boy for the knows the league, English gaffer. And not just that, but one famed for making the players break their balls in training. I mean to say, this Jos character with his double training sessions, he's going to look like your favourite uncle who always brings you a bag of sweets when he visits compared so some ginger fanatic who wants to break you in Greno-woods. Suddenly you start thinking "F*ck this for a game of soldiers, we better start winning or we'll be under an even tougher regime". Wouldn't you?"

Wait ...

This .. explains ... EVERYTHING

• Like 1

Brilliant OMDT as always thanks.

I've just survived breakfast at one of Manchester's finest Premier Inn's after a heavy night on the cocktail's with my eldest two girl's. Pre-match drinks have come along way from 5 manky pints of Ward's that I used to drink with my dad and brother before a game.

We are due to be collected by my bro-in-law, who is unfortunately a Blackburn scrubber. So we'll be in the home end. Oddly on the occasion's I have in in an opponents end, I do love hearing the Wednesday away giving it some.

The score 1-3 to us, of course

leonardo-dicaprio-toast-great-gatsby.gif

Edited by Anus
  • Like 3