SWFC U18s v HULL CITY U18s

If you have time tomorrow morning  (11am Ko Middlewood) get yourself along and support the boys as they look to collect 3 points and stay top of the league. Team news for tomorrow is Waldock and O’Brien both miss out due to injury. Im still travelling up from from Corby so i will report on the game as soon as it finishes.

Edited by John O'Brien
  • Thanks 8

Just now, daztheowl said:

Cheers GBG

I found out the H-T score on the Hull City Academy Twitter Page mate. Not much information apart from the H-T score but it’s still more than the sh!te info we get from our club. You’d think they would want to shout from the rooftops that they’ve got a good under 18 side that is top of their division? Total Joke of a club atm IMO?

Too right mate, what we need is a media channel like Owls TV or summat. I'm paying 60 odd quid a month for dross on Sky, I'd gladly pay a tenner a month for our own media channel. We're missing a trick here. Even if you only get a 1,000 subscribers, thats 120 grand a year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Too right mate, what we need is a media channel like Owls TV or summat. I'm paying 60 odd quid a month for dross on Sky, I'd gladly pay a tenner a month for our own media channel. We're missing a trick here. Even if you only get a 1,000 subscribers, thats 120 grand a year. 

These are the things that we should request at the fan nights It wouldn’t take much for the club to facilitate 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Time to contact communications director.

Very poor showing on site no profiles for any of the young lads. They do not seem to realise if your provide clear unambiguous information it stops lots of rubbish circulating and also increases standing of club in eyes of supporters. 

We have had rubbish on things like playlists for pre match when a football club is about football and that is what primarily drives supporters. The other matters are secondary you can concentrate on those when football issues are addressed.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I found out the H-T score on the Hull City Academy Twitter Page mate. Not much information apart from the H-T score but it’s still more than the sh!te info we get from our club. You’d think they would want to shout from the rooftops that they’ve got a good under 18 side that is top of their division? Total Joke of a club atm IMO?

And even Hull City Academy haven't bothered to post the full time score - what a shower!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

I'd pay - and as mean as owt

Edited by hangonrose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

I think Wednesday think that all fans are bothered about is the first team.  Some are, but a lot of us like to keep tabs on what is happening underneath.  I always have done.

Think dyed in wool fans all keep an eye on youth teams. What makes matters worse is in a year when good news has not been coming along in bucket loads you would think that the one area of success would be given a bit more publicity. Not even a profile on any of young players on web site. Also the Academy have helped keep first team afloat which shows where future of club rests.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

These are the things that we should request at the fan nights It wouldn’t take much for the club to facilitate 

Just twitter updates like all other clubs we seem to play would be a start.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Think dyed in wool fans all keep an eye on youth teams. What makes matters worse is in a year when good news has not been coming along in bucket loads you would think that the one area of success would be given a bit more publicity. Not even a profile on any of young players on web site. Also the Academy have helped keep first team afloat which shows where future of club rests.

I got in touch with the club about the profiles and they said they would get round to it but no sign yet.  Be a waste of time because they will be out of date in some cases at the end of the  season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Etchesketch said:

I got in touch with the club about the profiles and they said they would get round to it but no sign yet.  Be a waste of time because they will be out of date in some cases at the end of the  season.

if a few do it may give them a nudge in right direction. I will contact them too.

• Like 1