CAMMY

45 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He is but only because the team he is t has a muppet in charge.

I am not doubting he could be a good player but he currently is not the best player of his position at his own club. But the Westwood travesty has been done to death now.

But you still bring it up in every thread lol

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

About time we started adding a zero on the price of our assets.

Other clubs have been doing  it for years. 

£2.50 million is the same as £2.5 million:tango:

In other news, what I assume is a professional scout with badges etc had pointed out Dawsons ability to command his area and shout out instructions. 

But apparently he doesn't command his area. I know who's opinion I'm going to stick with...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

£2.50 million is the same as £2.5 million:tango:

In other news, what I assume is a professional scout with badges etc had pointed out Dawsons ability to command his area and shout out instructions. 

But apparently he doesn't command his area. I know who's opinion I'm going to stick with...

Me too Hoots ...

I'm beginning to wonder if this really is a Sheffield Wednesday Supporting Forum ?

WTF:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Me too Hoots ...

I'm beginning to wonder if this really is a Sheffield Wednesday Supporting Forum ?

WTF:

I wonder myself. Been a few times this season where I've taken a break from OT due to how divided we are at the minute.

Any positive has to be brought down again

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

I wonder myself. Been a few times this season where I've taken a break from OT due to how divided we are at the minute.

Any positive has to be brought down again

The reality is that the Dawson bashers/haters/none raters, etc; will never have a good word for him, he’s not Westwood and will never be forgiven for replacing him, so there’s absolutely no point in discussing the matter further.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Dawson in a few years with the right progression will be a good keeper but he should be out on loan learning his trade in league one or two not learning his trade for us in the championship.

We have an international keeper who for the 4 years previous to this season was the best keeper in the league, who back to back for 2 season made our defense record breaking and contributed to probably getting 15-20 points a season from his performances add to that he has a record of one clean sheet in every 3 or 4 games. When you have a player like this in your goal it gives the defense confidence in front of him, that if they make a mistake he normally bails them out. If you are keeping clean sheets you only need to score 1 goal to win games this gives your attackers confidence.

Currently we have the worst defense in the league, Dawson is a great shot stopper but is command of his box is poor, he does not close attackers down to narrow angles, his distribution is not great either and he does not have the football skills to pass the ball around at the back but he is 23 and needs game time to develop.

What has happened to him so far this season could have a massive detrimental affect on him and for all we know he could ask for a transfer to leave.

We also forget the other guy who the manager has thrown on the scrap heap, you know they guy that did so well last season for 20 odd games, signed a 5 year deal and now warms the bench while the worse defense in the league plays and he cannot get a game. Bet Wildsmiths confidence is through the roof at the moment with the way he has been treated. 

Yawn

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Dawson in a few years with the right progression will be a good keeper but he should be out on loan learning his trade in league one or two not learning his trade for us in the championship.

We have an international keeper who for the 4 years previous to this season was the best keeper in the league, who back to back for 2 season made our defense record breaking and contributed to probably getting 15-20 points a season from his performances add to that he has a record of one clean sheet in every 3 or 4 games. When you have a player like this in your goal it gives the defense confidence in front of him, that if they make a mistake he normally bails them out. If you are keeping clean sheets you only need to score 1 goal to win games this gives your attackers confidence.

Currently we have the worst defense in the league, Dawson is a great shot stopper but is command of his box is poor, he does not close attackers down to narrow angles, his distribution is not great either and he does not have the football skills to pass the ball around at the back but he is 23 and needs game time to develop.

What has happened to him so far this season could have a massive detrimental affect on him and for all we know he could ask for a transfer to leave.

We also forget the other guy who the manager has thrown on the scrap heap, you know they guy that did so well last season for 20 odd games, signed a 5 year deal and now warms the bench while the worse defense in the league plays and he cannot get a game. Bet Wildsmiths confidence is through the roof at the moment with the way he has been treated. 

At Wembley against Hull Westwood he was our stand out player, out MOM without him we could have been 4-0 down at halftime..

But last season he was poor, he looked slow and cumbersome, his distribution was shocking..

He needed moving on..

8 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

At Wembley against Hull Westwood he was our stand out player, out MOM without him we could have been 4-0 down at halftime..

But last season he was poor, he looked slow and cumbersome, his distribution was shocking..

He needed moving on..

Last season he was injured as was Lees, Forestieri, Bannan, Hooper, Lee, Pudil, Loovens, Hunt, Fletcher and so on - presumably all of these players need moving on as well.

Last season seems to be a selective excuse for him many other players spent longer last season injured that him but they have been allowed to play games this season Westwood has not. How can he get match fit, if he is prevented from playing any football what so ever?

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Last season he was injured as was Lees, Forestieri, Bannan, Hooper, Lee, Pudil, Loovens, Hunt, Fletcher and so on - presumably all of these players need moving on as well.

Last season seems to be a selective excuse for him many other players spent longer last season injured that him but they have been allowed to play games this season Westwood has not. How can he get match fit, if he is prevented from playing any football what so ever?

Maybe he should suck up his pride andd play for the U23's like the rest of the injured lot have done

I rate Dawson highly for his individual goalkeeping skills, what I'm still debating is whether he has enough presence and control over our defensive line?

We've had a terrible defence for some time now and I'm not shifting blame for that on our keeper, but part of that organization of defence often relies on an alert keeper who will shout commands to coordinate that defence. The fact he may seem protected by our defence and choose not to come out - consistently - and claim/box on free/corner kicks could be more signs he's not filling that role.

Keepers are different that way, but personally I feel the ones asserting themselves and controlling the back line tend to fare better because they also get the team's defence into shape.

15 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Maybe he should suck up his pride andd play for the U23's like the rest of the injured lot have done

He can only play if he is allowed to - Hutch when asked by fans recently was told he is not being allowed to play games. With no information from the manager or club you have to assume the same applies.

Either we have the worse players in the league over the last few season or all these bad eggs are in fact not the problem. Its for different people to decide which side of the issues you fall on, me personally i do not believe £200,000 a week in players are not playing because they are over 30 and we are looking to the future.

1 hour ago, optimisticowl said:

The reality is that the Dawson bashers/haters/none raters, etc; will never have a good word for him, he’s not Westwood and will never be forgiven for replacing him, so there’s absolutely no point in discussing the matter further.

A bit like with Jos. Quite a few have made their mind up about him but not looking at the whole picture unfortunately. This site is just full of bashers, I couldnt say the other word as it would have deleted. :picnic:

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

If Dawson is worth £2.5m then we are under valuing Reach at £15m lets hope for £30m the transfer market has gone mad.

I hope the valuation is based on potential as he is a £500k keeper at best and would not be first choice at a championship level team currently.

I think you’ll find he is first choice at a championship club currently  :duntmatter:

1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

He needed moving on..

Last season, you mean in the handful of games he wasn't injured. 

Loved Westwood bailing us out and weekly heroics under Stu and Carlos first season, but unfortunately he'd always been very injury prone, the main reason we managed to get him in the predicament we were in at the time having no cash meaning taking a chance on him. 

Been a great player for us, but I fear the injuries have probably cought up with him which is why jos is going with cammy, young, fit, agile and Dosent get injured. The sooner some okn here realise this the better.