Alan wheen

God bless my old mate

Coming from Toytown as a wide eyed young lad he took me under his wing and introduced me to all things Wednesday for which I will be forever in his debt 

Joined him and some other top boys in creating the Big Gun Owls supporters club of which rule number one was 'any member found to be causing trouble to or from away matches will be barred from the club'. Great rule in those heady days as each and everyone of us spent the night in the cells ( no charges brought)

Thanks for the memories 'beast' RIP

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Of all the people that get shown respect at the game Wheenie should be number one. RIP Beast

That was my first thought when I heard he'd died. An away match in his honour would be a great idea.

47 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

In the pre Internet days of the 80s...meeting up at away games was a fortnightly event...lads from chapeltown/high green/ecclesfield/stocksbridge/hillsborough etc...all met up for crazy days out ...seeing alan made you feel a whole lot safer.....Thanks for the those days and memories .........RIP ALAN

Definitely. Weeny would keep other Wednesdayites in check also like a certain chap that used to kick off at any fvvcker. You know, a certain chap that run football cards for his B.Neville-ant fund. 

7 hours ago, Nut said:

That was my first thought when I heard he'd died. An away match in his honour would be a great idea.

Lets start it today...hopefully the big man can send us 3 points down?? 

You don’t get many like him and the amount of people that’s posted speaks for itself...even people who didn’t know him, knew him. 

Sad times....R.I.P

Very sad news condolences to family and friends. Used to go to away matches with Weeny back in the day. One time he had organised a couple of coaches to a preseason friendly at Celtic and I was on the first coach with the wife and two kids. Weeny had organised us a working mens club for a pre-match tipple and we arrived a bit earlier in the first coach which did not seem a problem. The locals then started playing anti-English music and banging on the tables and the mood was dire you could cut the atmosphere with a knife. Just as it looked as if some thing was going to kick off Weeny and the boys arrived on the second coach and the transformation was unreal, the music changed the atmosphere changed and pretty soon we were even getting free sandwiches. The big guy was always a larger than life character and will be greatly missed by all who knew him or even knew of him. RIP mate.

2 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

RIP Weenie.........used to chat do his dad in the Southey Club on Sunday nights during the 90,s where he would be laughing and shaking his head recounting what their Alan had been doing the day before.

Sad news....thoughts with all those close to him.

Weenys dad passed away on Wednesday.

RIP to both of them