Alan wheen

RIP Weeny.

He was the top boy. I used to travel to away matches on his coaches and he extracted me from “dodgy” situations on many occasions. We once got “cornered” by surprise coming out of White Heart Lane (I think it was) and he stood out in the front of us and fended off the assault.  Such things are frowned upon now (probably correctly) but Weeny never backed down; particularly if people depended upon him. 

• Like 3

RIP Weeny.

Never knew him personally but used to see him a lot at away games in the 80s and early 90s.  Vaguely remember a game at Leicester in the seats where a number of Leicester fans were trying to kick off.  Weeny just stood up and that was the end of the matter!

Grew up as a kid with Al who we used to Charlie Owl in those days because he looked like an owl as a kid. Remained pals even though are lives took different paths. Great days when he had the travs. An absolute top guy and he will be sadly missed. Will someone post funeral arrangements when known please. 

RIP CHARLIE OWL. 

R.I.P. Wheeny Pal

Sad loss.

Commiserations to all family and friends.

Just hearing his name brings a smile to my face, even on a sad day like today.

The laughs we have had at away games, wow.

4 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Forgive me on this, but wasn't he once the landlord of the Burgoyne? I'm sure it's the same fella. Was a huge Wednesdayite?

That’s the one. Though his cousin John also had it who is also a massive wednesdayite

Known Wheeny years from home and away games, never backed down when any trouble. 

Remember him saving us at Grimsby when we were supposedly banned from away games. 

Was chatting to him in pub before Reading away game earlier this season. 

A larger than life character who like most people have said, i didn't know him personally but saw and said hello at many an away game and I was happy to help him out getting home from Brentford earlier this season.

I'm sure he'll still be cheering us on from the blue and white skies Saturday at Blackburn.

R.I.P Wheeny