Alan wheen

2 hours ago, owls about that said:

Could someone please get to know the full proper arrangements for Al's funeral , as there seems to be some confusion

on here exactly where and what time the funeral is taking place, and also where the wake is taking place after.

1.30 at North Chapel Grenoside. 

• Thanks 1

In all the negativity around our club at the minute. Let's take some positivity. 

Today's turnout for this man was unreal. 

Simply fantastic. And that shows we can all stick together. 

I don't think the crematorium has ever seen anything like it. 

And the spontaneous clapping when Wheenie and his dad arrived in the cars was just absolutely amazing. 

The send off he deserved. 

Well done everyone. 

Rest in peace beast. 

Long live the beast

Edited by jambler
  • Like 6

I don't come on owlstalk very often and post even less but having just come across this thread I thought I'd contribute, Al was in the next bed to me on the ward after I had my leg amputated in the summer, he was very popular with the staff on the ward and always had plenty of people around his bed. He was hoping to get out so he could go to Lincoln for the pre season game but I don't know if he made it as I was discharged earlier that day. His wife was nice and friendly too, so sorry to hear he's gone. Wawaw

• Like 7

I was saddened by the passing of Alan late last year but tonight I am sat in a hotel room in Ottawa freezing to death and just watched the new Wednesday film on you tube. Great watch and had a tear in my eye pining for home, which I never do, and wanting to be at Hillsborough. It was great to see the big man in the film and to hear Wednesday fans talk about our club. Big Al looked after a lot of us young uns the in 80's and will be sadly missed. Wheeny was a character but also an all round good bloke as anyone who spent any time with him knows. It was a right of passage for a lot of us to meet him, get to know him and end up in a few scrapes with him! The Beast was everything that was good about football, mates, camaraderie and not giving a throw.